5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading
This book was on my recommended reading list and I'm pleased I bought it. It can be a bit bewildering starting a social work degree and this book is an invaluable help. It is written in plain English and concentrates on the important issues of the module. I was worried that I wasn't really getting to grips with my course, but reading this gave me confidence.
There...
Published on 27 Jan 2004 by jenfarway

3.0 out of 5 stars Reading
It's okay
Published 1 month ago by Caroline D

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 27 Jan 2004
There are lots of case studies which bring theories into the context of 'real life'. It also has handy research summaries and further reading suggestions should you want to learn more about a particular aspect of the subject.
This is a must-have buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars social work human development, 16 May 2010
Ms. K. Lindsay "liverpool" (rochdale, england) - See all my reviews
great book for anybody getting started in this field, easy to understand and well worth being part of your books

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st year student review, 9 Mar 2011
This book provides a basic understanding of social work and Human Growth and Development. I have found this very helpful in my first year of social work

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 9 July 2013
Good book on basic theories of human development, it is easy to understand and follow.
It is very basic though which is fine for general understanding of the theory but if a deeper understanding is required I don't recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars read, 28 Jan 2013
this product came within date of purchase and has been very useful and helpful throughout my studies. I would recommend this product to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 9 Dec 2012
If you looking for a simple, understandable book, buy this one. Can understand it if you want a quick read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and easy to read, 29 Jan 2012
This book was a great help for me with my Human Growth assignment, I found it had all the information I needed in it displayed in a much more reader friendly way than some of my other books. Very useful and I would definitely recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reading, 11 Aug 2014