5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!
Published on 14 April 2011 by Nigel Mc

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and poor
Published 16 months ago by T. RAULT-SMITH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 14 April 2011
Nigel Mc (The Chilterns) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Spot 15320 Metric and Imperial Hex Key Set (30 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
I am forever searching for the right Allen key to do those small jobs that come up from time to time. Invariably the key selected doesn't quite fit! Problem solved by this relatively inexpensive kit. The keys come in a handy plastic fold-over box. The keys appear to be of good quality and they should last for my purposes. Ordinarily, I would always opt for top quality tools but I made an exception in this case because they are tools that will only get light use. The tools were delivered quickly and they arrived in a huge box - making me wonder what I had ordered!

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and poor, 4 Dec. 2013
T. RAULT-SMITH (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a much smaller set (8 allen keys but good quality) because I lost it. This one is certainly cheap - the thinner keys are bendy, one snapped on first use, and at least 2-3 more have already got rounded end through minimal use. Fortunately (and almost inevitably) the smaller set turned up soon after these were delivered, so aside from the waste of a few pounds I'm no worse off!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 13 Sept. 2011
David H. Weston "david1997" (Teddington, UK) - See all my reviews
I know it is terribly mean spirited of me not to give 5 stars, but at this price point some of the smallest keys are never going to survive a couple of turns before shearing or bending. If you are looking to need tiny hex keys for a particular job, then it would probably be wise to purchase a quality one from a known supplier.
For the rest of us who just need a selection of mid-size keys for those self assemble products that we need to take apart but can no longer find the key that came with it, then this set represents a great value solution.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap For A Reason, 17 Mar. 2014
These are cheap for a reason, the first time I took one out to use it, it completely twisted round, very soft metal!!
Wish I'd spent more on better quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, not great quality, 30 July 2013
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This set contains all sizes of Hex keys I can ever imagine needing to use. They are not the best quality keys; they are rough to the touch and several of the smaller ones had been bent, possibly to make them fit into the case.

The case itself is adequate although the keys are prone to falling from their slots, which may account for why two keys were missing from the set that I received. Even the simple action of gently closing the case results in three or four keys falling from their slots, no matter how well you push them into place beforehand.

It is cheap but not particularly cheerful; it'll be acceptable if you need the larger key sizes but I doubt the smaller ones will last long.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolute waste of money - avoid, 10 Jun. 2014
The edges are gone on every single Hex Key on the very first use. looks like they are made from out of cheese !
literally had to throw the box away after 5 minute as these are absolutely useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented useful set, 14 Nov. 2011
A well priced set that comes in a sturdy plastic case, for the price this is excellent value for a very useful addition to my tool set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, 14 Dec. 2013
N. Jones "neiljones1981" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
A useful set of hexagon keys in pretty much any size you ever need. Allen keys have an annoying habit of going walkies when you need them to take something apart, so something like this you can store them in is always useful. The smaller keys won't last five minutes but the bigger ones will come in useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars case broken, 2 Aug. 2013
David (Zhuhai, China) - See all my reviews
The case was broken when I got it, As it was broken on the inside I do not think it is due to shipping. This is the main reason for the 3 stars. Sell may want to check items before sending out.

Apart from that this product does what it says and works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice lil purchase, 28 May 2013
Nice set alan keys exactly what I needed. The case maybe a lil tacky and some of the alan keys may rattel around in the case. Some may not be bent to perfect right angels but who cares It's a really good bargain and all the sizes are rite very happy for what I paid.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›