5.0 out of 5 stars Konichiwa!
Published on 17 April 2010 by Captain Pugwash

3.0 out of 5 stars Simplistic but well worth the price
I cant speak comprehendable Japanese yet, but I cant say this wont teach you anything either!

For the price it is, its a great package: A little simplistic in comparison to eg Rosetta Stone, but then it also doesnt come with Rosetta Stones multi hundred pound price tag!

Published on 19 May 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Konichiwa!, 17 April 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Language Learning Software is basically a customized learning package to enable students of the language (from beginner to expert) to learn Japanese as a second language at their own pace. Arguably the greatest benefit from using this software package is that you can learn from home rather than paying for classes, thus saving money and avoiding having to work at someone else's pace.
Grammar, vocabulary, writing, reading and speaking skills are all covered here, and the package also includes some brilliant speech recognition to help improve pronunciation. With interactive games to make the whole experience more enjoyable, this is a great piece of software for what is a very tricky language to master. I am still on the basics (only having had the programme for a few days), but it suits my lifestyle and makes learning the language enjoyable rather than a slog, as it always seemed to be at school.
The software can also be used via MP3 and pocket PC, so it can be incorporated into your travel time, as well as when you want to go away and avoid disrupting your learning - believe me you will be hooked very quickly!

3.0 out of 5 stars Simplistic but well worth the price, 19 May 2010
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I wont lie, it did bore me after a little while, but then learning languages at school never was my thing, but Im perservering: and this is for me the nicest aspect: you do it at your own pace.

I would personally recommend this sort of software to someone who was intending on taking a long Japanese holiday or planning to work there; however I suspect it will only get you so far before you learn the language naturally through interaction with real people: but then again it would give you an excellent introduction.

So, in short - not something to get if like me you have an ambition to learn a new language to fluency (you would be better off investing in a Rosetta Stone pack), but definitely a worthy purchase to introduce you to Japanese in preparation for spending some time over there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good software, my brain doesn't like the language., 15 Jun 2010
Amazon Customer "Dinah93" (Cleveland,UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried a few of the CDs in this range, and knew what to expect in terms of the format. This course was very easy to install and set up, and does not take up much space on your computer. The interface is a little basic, but it works, and this course is extremely thorough. As well as flip cards, you can hear everything spoken back to you, you are tested on your writting abilities, there are games to test your knowledge of the new words, and you can partake in a conversation with the computer. I did find this CD the hardest to learn from, so I have to assume that was the langauge being so different.

If you have any other languages in the range installed then they link together, and you can choose which language to open from the software screen, rather than installing as two stand alone products. The course is fun and really immerses you in the language, while being realistic about the timescale it will take for you to learn it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me..., 28 Dec 2011
Mike J (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried to learn Spanish before and struggled. Trying Japanese was possibly a mistake. The software was helpful, but at my advanced years, I simply couldn't pick up the complex wording needed.

The software includes reading and writing, and listens to how you say words so you can improve your pronunciation. I did like the flip card method and have used this before with reasonable success.

I had some minor success with Spanish as I recognised words from menu's and some look similar to English words, you get none of that with Japanese.

I love the country and especially the food, but I won't be talking Japanese anytime soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting the basics, 28 July 2011
Bethany Millen "avid reader" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transparent Japanese Premium (CD-ROM)
I have used a couple of methods for learning Japanese but have never really stuck to them. This is great though as I am on my laptop nearly every day anyway so I can fit it in easily. I haven't gotten bored yet after a few weeks and it makes you go through words after you initially learnt them to keep them fresh in your mind. It might not take you to fluent Japanese but it will certainly give you a good starting point and for the price I think you get a good deal indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 25 Jun 2011
Margaret Gallagher (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband was a keen student of Japanese but, although I still have is dictionary and some of his text books, I have never taken the plunge, fearing it would be too difficult. This language course has helped me to overcome my fear and begin to learn this beautiful language. I am really enjoying it - not least because it is a gentle and comprehensive instruction process, with very much supporting information - and I have control over the pace of my learning. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb to learn using a PC, but would benefit from printable material, 13 April 2011
Shaz25 "shaz" (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have really enjoyed learning Japanese; my main reason was because I quite enjoy anime/manga and wanted to be able to watch it in the original dubbing, as well as wanting to be able to converse with some of my Japanese customers more effectively.

The best things about the product is ease of use and ability to use an MP3 compatible product, such as a mobile phone, to learn on the go.

The one thing I wish had been added was a booklet or printable material to go with the MP3 side of things, as I feel this helps absorb phrases and words better.

Otherwise, a brilliant product, worth the outlay.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very professional package, shame my tongue doesn't work!, 21 Sep 2010
Russtafarian (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As said, professional and well presented. The only trouble is, I don't seem to be very good at picking up the language(s).
(I'm actually off to Japan in a few months, so thought I could try learning some phrases - and have previously used other software, which initially proved a good all-rounder.)
Words and phrases and clearly pronounced, and being able to go back to any part of the education is great, but for me it's more about perseverance, and it's actually starting to bug me.
This is not a discredit to the software - there's plenty to work with, but I think I would literally have to try and speak Japanese everyday, which is tough given the hours I work. Shame.
On a high-note, if you are serious about learning the language - then don't hesitate to buy this, just be prepared to stick at it. (If you're naturally gifted in "picking-up" languages, then this is an even better deal!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice package, 18 May 2010
Dragon0303 (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being one who isn't really interested in taking classes nowadays, for a `learn at home' software package I can't imagine you'd get much better than this. The sections are well detailed (being able to take it with you on the road via mp3 is very handy) and the voice recognition seems to work pretty well, although don't take that to mean I've been any good at trying to learn Japanese so far, I still suck lol, but I'll keep persevering in the hope that one day I'll be able to watch anime and J-Horrors without subtitles!

Transparent Japanese Premium
Transparent Japanese Premium by Transparent Language (Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock