5.0 out of 5 stars Alice In Wonderland - Danny Elfman
Rarely do I buy a contemporary score without first seeing the movie, but on hearing 'Alice's Theme' in a high street store I made an instinctive purchase. This main theme, reprised 5 times, is unquestionably one of Elfman's finest, and I suspect will be going round in my head long after the CD player has been powered off.

Elfman's Wonderland is a much darker...
Published on 15 Mar. 2010 by Levy

3.0 out of 5 stars An excellent quality OST ruined by poor quality media
This is my first (and possibly last) purchase of MP3 through Amazon. Nearly all MP3s are flawed. I am very disappointed.
Published on 1 May 2010 by Andrew M

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice In Wonderland - Danny Elfman, 15 Mar. 2010
Levy "Mod" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (Audio CD)

Elfman's Wonderland is a much darker place than previous composers have imagined - sometimes thunderous, sometimes melancholic, but nothing, I repeat nothing that could be remotely construed as cute, pretty or cloying that one might have presumed to hear in a movie bearing the Disney logo. Another divergence from the traditional route of scoring Alice is the absence of individual themes for Wonderland's eccentric characters, with Elfman focusing his score predominantly on Alice herself. There is scant reference to Alice's own cultural roots in 19th Century England, with perhaps a fleeting glimpse of it in Proposal, but even Elfman's use of an English boy's choir has something of the Carl Orf about it.

This being Elfman's eleventh collaboration with director Tim Burton, there are bound to be similarities with previous scores, and listening to Alice is, at times, akin to hearing the best bits from his repertoire which, in Elfman's case, is highly enjoyable. So, whether you've seen the movie or not, this is a highly enjoyable score from beginning to end that surely boasts one of the catchiest movie themes heard for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elfman at his best, 11 Mar. 2010
B. M. Glassberg "buffa buff" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (Audio CD)
Being a massive Danny Elfman fan, I was expecting great things from the Alice soundtrack. Elfman certainly didn't disappoint. There are definitely elements of some of his earlier music in here, but that's what makes it so fantastic. His unique style makes it so obviously his own music and great music, at that. The use of a choir is fantastic, especially in the opening Alice theme. What is so genius, though, is that he brings back this theme in so many different ways, later on, such as in the Battle music. His orchestration is superb, with some incredible use of organ, choir and orchestra. His brass and string colours are also fantastic. He conjures up a magical, fantastic world and within seconds you are captivated. I could listen to the soundtrack over and over again...I ought to go and see the film too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elfman at his best., 9 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (MP3 Download)
A very good soundtrack, the Alice theme pops up in many of the tracks, but that is not a bad thing. If you're an Elfman nut (like myself) you can make out styles from previous soundtracks like Batman, Edward scissorhands, and Nightmare before Christmas. All 24 tracks flow well together, no weak ones but a few short ones. If you enjoyed the film this will bring it all flooding back. A good buy to keep you occupied until the Blu-ray or dvd becomes available in July.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice....ohhh, Alice!, 4 April 2010
J. Connell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (Audio CD)
This is the soundtrack from the film, which added so much to the mood of the fabulous Tim Burton film. It transports you back to Wonderland!

5.0 out of 5 stars Movie music memories, 3 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (Audio CD)
Where do I begin? I've been a collector of movie soundtracks since the days of vinyl & have some wonderfull albums.
Back in those days there were no videos & no DVD's so the only way to "re-live" the movie was to listen to the soundtrack. This we would do with relish & we could re-play the movies in our heads. Then came video & we could see our favourite films as many tmes as we wanted. Of course we now have DVD & blu-ray so the viewing experience is now so much better. Where is all this going I hear you ask? Quite simply The Alice In Wonderland sound track takes me back to the those days of re-living the film through the music. Danny Elfman's score fits the movie perfectly & it brings all the amazing visuals flooding into the minds eye. It brings out that nostalgia, that atmosphere, that "feeling".

Now I'm no musician nor composer but I know what I like & I know what works. This works! It's one of the few soundtracks in a long time that can "take you back" in the true sense. I can play the CD & I'm there in Tim Burton's superb 3D visualization of Lewis Carroll's incredible world.

So if like me you enjoyed those days of re-living the movie through the music & you liked this film then buy the CD & give yourself & real treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (Audio CD)
I love this music it has such atmosphere, first heard it at Meadowhall shopping centre and thats what lead me to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The continuing adventures of the Alice movie soundtrack, 18 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (Audio CD)
In the 80s Danny Elfman was in a New Wave band called Oingo Boingo and as a soundtrack composer this is around his 10th.
Better than the movie which starred Johnny Depp-which should have been called Return To Wonderland-this came out at the same time as another CD inspired by the movie which was Almost Alice.Both are on the Walt Disney label
Probabably the best thing to come out of the movie was the continuing interest in Alice In Wonderland but whatever happenned to the one Dakota Fanning was supposed to be making?

3.0 out of 5 stars An excellent quality OST ruined by poor quality media, 1 May 2010
This review is from: Alice In Wonderland (MP3 Download)

Alice In Wonderland