Size: 5.5 UK|Colour: C20 Blue Iris|Change

on 28 April 2016
I've never had a pair of Superga's before but was browsing on here for a pair of casual sneakers, such as Keds, and came across these. Most of these shoes were over £30 but I noticed that the Apple Green pair in my size was only about £19 so, after reading some of the reviews of this sneaker, decided to order a pair. At that price I couldn't resist, and also I could get free next day delivery because I signed up for a free 1 month Amazon Prime trial! They arrived this morning, less than 24 hours after I ordered them, and I'm so happy with them! I'm usually a UK size 8 - 9, depending on the make of shoe, and was a bit worried that, with Superga being Euro sizing, they might be too small or too big but luckily they fit just fine, although they're slightly wider than I expected but fit OK when I tighten the laces up a bit! The sizing on the box is: Euro 9; UK 8.2/3 and US 9.2/3. They look great and seem to be very well made and sturdy, the Apple Green is a lovely vivid colour but not so vivid that they scream "LOOK AT ME, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!" and, like Keds, they apparently can be washed at 30c. For me there are two downsides though: firstly, I had noticed that another reviewer had said they have little arch support. Mine have ZERO arch support, which is disappointing because for a make like this, which is not ordinarily cheap, I'd expect arch support to be a standard part of the shoe. Arch support would make them feel much better inside and more supportive but, as there is no arch support at all they do feel a bit flat inside, so they could definitely feel better in that respect. Secondly, they're made in VIETNAM! That may not bother some people but I'm an animal lover and am very aware that countries like Vietnam and China have very bad reputations as far as animal welfare is concerned so, as a huge animal lover and vegetarian, I try to avoid as much as possible buying products from those countries. Personally, I would expect that an Italian shoe, for example, is made in ITALY and NOT in a country like China or Vietnam but, of course, no doubt the reason they are made there is because of cheap labour. Still, I find that disappointing but, of course, if someone bought Superga shoes in a shop they could check for themselves perhaps where the shoes are actually made, if that would be a consideration in whether to buy those shoes or not. Online though that's not made clear so I'll make it clear - THESE ARE MADE I VIETNAM ! ! Aside from that, and the total lack of arch support in these shoes, I DO really like these shoes, but would I pay the full retail price for them (they seem to retail online, when full price, at around £40)? Probably not. I haven't had a chance to wear them outside yet but the lack of any arch support is a letdown and makes them less comfortable and cushioned to wear than, say, Keds. They might be comfortable once I start walking around in them but only time will tell! In the meantime though, I'm happy with them given that I ended up only paying around £16 for my pair!

UPDATE: I have since also ordered a pair of these in cream (they were available at a much lower price than the others!), in the size 9 as well, and am very happy with them. The only difference to my Apple Green pair is that my cream pair, despite being the same size, are much more of a snug fit than the Apple Green pair. In fact, so snug that my toe touches the tip of the shoe but when I've walked around in them they're not uncomfortable so that's OK. They are on the smaller side of a size 9 though and could be slightly bigger. Maybe because they fit more snugly than my Apple Green pair (which are much looser) they seem more supportive even though there doesn't seem to be any discernible arch support. Like the Apple Green pair though, the overall quality of these is very high - the stitching is great, the fabric is sturdy and almost slightly 'waffled', etc. So, I'm very happy with both pairs as I got both of them at about 50% of the full retail price!
on 5 August 2014
I love the look of these, and was really impressed by the wide choice of colours. I bought them in Blue Iris, and they are great looking. I took a star off because I would have liked more arch support, but on the whole these are nice, comfy kicks for a relaxed weekend. Very pleased.
I purchased these as an alternative to my beloved Converse as they seemed heavier and would hopefully more hard-wearing as a result. I loved the colour palette available and chose the bright and breezy 'Caribbean Blue' (isn't that the title of an Enya album?) Size wise, I'm a size 9/EU 43 it's often difficult to find funky shoes; fit wise, being Italian made they do come up a little small but fitted me - I'd maybe suggest going up half a size if you're on the larger end of your particular shoe size.

I've worn them a few times now and they're fairly comfortable, but there appears to be quite a hard patch under the balls of the feet. They also slightly 'squeak' whilst ambling along, which is a little disturbing, so I'll make a mental note not to wear them to take tea with the local vicar....

*Update* - after not a great deal of wear (in my humble opinion) the lining on the back of heel has broken and thus exposing the rubber beneath. This causes issues twofold: mainly that it makes holes in your socks and secondly, aggravates blisters. Hmm.
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2015
Could not believe the price when I saw these on Amazon but I guessed as they are sold buy Amazon they could not be fake! No point in buying them anywhere else unless they are on sale! from reading reviews I decided to go 1/2 a size smaller, I usually take a size 6 but went for a 5 1/2 and I am glad I did as they fit perfectly and a 6 would be slipping off my feet, they are quite wide too which I think adds to the fact that they come up quite big, I have narrow feet usually but my feet have swollen since I am 7 months pregnant, don't think these will look too wide once my feet have gone down either. Overall very nice pumps, makes a change from converse and for the price they are going for can't complain
on 28 April 2014
I ordered a size 6 in Dark Boredeaux colour and they fit perfectly. The colour is lovely too. Other shoes like Converses tend to squeeze my feet over time and put pressure on them, but Superga don't do that at all. They also haven't gave me any blisters or hardly any discomfort at first wearing. Brilliant price as well! Going to buy another pair soon.
on 4 May 2014
Really pleased with these shoes, just love them! They are a slightly large fit, Im a 5 or a 6 usually, so ordered the 5 and they fit perfectly. Really comfy, not got any blisters at all and wore them on an all day shopping trip for the first wear! Would definitely recommend..... Thinking about getting another pair in a different colour!
on 26 June 2014
I love Superga. They are solidly made, look chic and last for ages. I am still wearing ones I bought in the Eighties! The white ones can be washed in the washing machine but would hesitate to do that with these red ones as I don't want the colour to fade. Absolutely worth the money. Would recommend every time.
on 14 June 2014
Thought it looked a funny grey (as ordered) after wearing saw a "sticker" near the original saying they were a type of green --otherwise OK ( the actual colour sent was a cheaper one though and I can't find a mechanism to reclaim the difference without the fuss of sending back) ---pretty disappointed.
on 30 December 2012
Since there are some contradictory reviews about the sizing of these shoes I thought it might be useful to add my experience. OK I have large feet but the issue is whether these shoe sizes match the expected size norms. I went for size UK 12 (47) because I have wide feet and ideally fit a UK 11 wide fitting, but as there is no wide fitting for these shoes I went a size up. As expected the shoes are about 10mm long for me but the width is fine. So in my experience the claimed size UK 12 is what I would expect a size UK 12 to be.

They are comfortable to wear and look well made - I can't comment on the long-term wear as I've only had them a couple of weeks. A minor criticism is the laces in the size 12s are too short to do a double bow.
on 30 April 2016
Look brilliant, however they are a terrible fit. I normally have no problems buying shoes, however these canvas Superga have been very problematic!

I'm a size 9, but the 9's in these are too small so I went in to town and tried a 10. The 10's (with an additional insole) are too big! I returned the 9's and swapped them for a 9.5 - surely these would fit? Nope! They're slightly too loose around my heal yet too tight around my toes.
I've tried stretching them by wearing thick walking socks, stuffing them with paper etc all the techniques you've read on line but they're still too tight upfront!

Sadly, I'm going to return them and try and get a refund. Disappointed as I've never had a problem buying footwear before.
Try in shops before you buy!