on 18 December 2011
After reading the reviews from others I was a little sceptical about how this product was going handle the kind of jobs I wished it to cope with. I need not have worried. Brilliant bit of kit. Just as I thought it would be because Fellowes make excellent products. The alignment system is so easy to judge my friends three year old managed it. The wheel slider/cutter is so free running you can trim any amount of material off. The thinnest I needed to cut in some cases was 0.5mm just to get a straight cut edge previously cut in a professional studio. If you require a cutter to achieve brilliant results on a modest budget, BUY THIS!!
on 30 June 2013
Not pleased. You can't cut an A4 page on the long edge, the cutting position isn't very accurate, and you have to press down hard on the plastic strip to get it to cut at all. It's now gathering dust. I was trying to get one cheap, and I paid for that!!
on 26 December 2012
I bought this item for my husbands business, easy to cut the compliment slips into straight lines for a professional finish. Didn't find anything wrong with the cutter, went through quite a few sheets at a time.
on 21 July 2010
I am happy with this product - I use it mainly to cut photos down to size without it being ruined or to cut paper. It cuts straight and has a sharp blade which even cuts card. very handy tool to have around the house
on 8 November 2012
Didn't realise it would be so small but it did the purpose I needed it for. Would recommend anyone buy a bigger one
on 10 November 2012
This Trimmer arrived within 2 days of ordering,well packed and easy to open. This trimmer is very light, it cuts with ease and is very handy.The blade runs swiftly and leaves a clean cut on the paper upto 5 sheets thick.
on 2 November 2010
I purchased this because I wanted to use it to cut paper and thin card for christmas cards/wrapping etc. I've found that you can only put one piece of thin paper through at a time and even then you have to put a fair amount of pressure on the blade to get it to cut - I definately won't be attempting to cut any card if it can hardly handle a piece of paper. I also found it quite small and not really very good for cutting A4 size paper. The blade get's very easily blunt and I've had to go back to a good old pair of scissors. All in all I think this is a pretty poor product from Fellowes.
on 28 January 2015
First time I've purchased one of these. Using for wedding stationary. Perhaps it's me but I find it quite awkward to use. The cutter isn't great have to go over it a few times for a clean cut and the arm needs quite a lot of pressure to keep the card in place. I'me sure there's a better one out there somewhere.
on 1 December 2015
The cutter is ok but it depends how much you are wanting to use it and how much you want to cut!

It says it has a five sheet capacity but really it struggles with three sheets, this is ok for me but would be frustrating if you were wanting to cut lots of sheets at once.

The blade doesn't seem sharp enough and has to be pushed down very hard in order for the sheets to cut properly - even if you only have one sheet of paper.

The ruler the helpful to see where you need to cut the sheet, however it doesn't have specific markings e.g. if you are wanting to cut A4 down to two A5 sheets it doesn't show you where to line it up - I stuck some tape so I know where to put the paper.

Overall the product is fine but I think you get what you pay for. If you're going to be using it a lot or want to cut many sheets at once I would recommend spending a little more money and getting something higher quality.
on 4 April 2013
This product did not cut straight and the edging was appalling.
Understandable for the price but nobody should create a product this shoddy!