5.0 out of 5 stars Very colourful parrot toy
Not quite sure what to say to review a parrot toy other than Elmo, my African Grey seems to enjoy this. He attacks it, hangs on it and preens it. He is certainly attracted to it anyway - must be the bright colours.

Published on 11 Jun. 2010 by Miss D P Plummer

3.0 out of 5 stars pet preener
doesnt look like picture, looks like soft cotton on picture but is acualy like a cotton rope bit in middle and like hard nylon peices hanging off its sides. although it looks diff to pic my parrot joey does enjoy swinging on this not so much preening it tho
Published on 1 Nov. 2011 by ktkate17

5.0 out of 5 stars Very colourful parrot toy, 11 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener (Misc.)

I have always found the proof with parrot toys is in the pudding so to speak. I always look at them an go hummmm? but if one parrot enjoys it, others are likely to as well. Not expensive so worth it to see his enjoyment!

3.0 out of 5 stars pet preener, 1 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener (Misc.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but needs to be made safe before giving to your bird., 13 Dec. 2012
A. Emery (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener (Misc.)
I bought this toy for my bird so she didn't overpreen herself and it is a great toy for doing that.

There is only one problem the toy is held together at the bottom with a piece of wire with dangerously pointed ends. I found it by accident when the wire cut my hand when I was putting it into the cage. I shudder to think what would have happened if my bird had been cut.

So to anybody who buys this is to take the wire out of the toy and make it safe for your bird.

5.0 out of 5 stars my parrots loves this toy, 4 Jan. 2011
my parrot loves this toy so much im going to get him another one! the toy is a really good size for a medium-large parrot. he is always engaging with it, and its providing hours of fun for him.

1.0 out of 5 stars This item is absolutely nothing like the picture and is a cheap bad copy, 17 Sept. 2014
This item is absolutely nothing like the picture and is a cheap bad copy. The picture shows a colorful feather-like item with lots of short bits hanging off it which I'm sure most birds would be attracted to and love. What I received was a staw-like mess with a few rows of long straw-like materials rather than feathery ones, is really scratchy and horrid and the dye had leaked all over the rope. It's also impossible to clean as the dye leaks out in buckets. Bits of straw also fall off everywhere and make a huge mess. Needless to say my poor birds are petrified of it!
I purchased a Trixie wooden rope climbing bird toy at the same time which arrived packaged together with this one and was infested with white lice. Since I care about my birds health and wellbeing I had no choice but to bin both as they were both contaminated as they had been packaged together. Will never buy a bird toy from here again.
Heres an actual pic of the item they sent me which is totally different: http://oi57.tinypic.com/rrjgk9.jpg

1.0 out of 5 stars not a great toy, 13 Sept. 2010
not a great toy for a parrot, my 14 week old african grey parrot got tangled in the cotten strands round his neck if i wasnt at home he would have died.............

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener (Misc.)
This Toy does exactly what it says on the tin! It's very colourful and my parrot was immediately drawn to it. The rope is frayed and has a nice texture that encourages a bird to preen. My parrot was preening this within about 2 mins! It's also a good size. it would suit smaller parrots such as timnehs and ringnecks but its also big enough for Congo's and macaws

If you have a parrot who is prone to over preening then I would recommend this toy. According to my parrot it is also great for chewing and swinging from. It gets a thums up from her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toy... but not to my parrots liking, 9 May 2012
When i received this toy I was really excited, it is sturdy, well made, colourful and thought it will help my cockatiel spend his day productively destroying it -as he has done with his previous toy. Unfortunately my pet bird didn't share my enthusiasm. It's been two months now and the toy just doesn't seem to attract his attention. However I really can't blame the manufacturer as it is a really nice toy and I believe other pet birds may like it more than my cockatiel.

1.0 out of 5 stars faulty product, 4 April 2013
G. KIRK - See all my reviews
Product came bagged but could smell the item through the sealed bag, can't describe the smell, it turned out the metal ring internally which forms the ring shape and the clasp was corroded and rusted as if effected by a chemical used? Possibly the ring was dipped in dye or the rope was added to the ring when wet. I am however sure this was a one off faulty product as i know the brand 'happy pet' and I have never had problems before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parrot toy, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener (Misc.)
The parrots loved this and the price was great too. I would have no hesitiation to recommend this user again.

Happy Pet Parrot Toy - Preener