5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid and sturdy, but keep in mind the weight of the TV
Published on 18 Aug 2011 by Tony S V

This product is well constructed and sturdy BUT can have drawbacks. Don't get caught out as I was.

Published 14 months ago by Mr. Leslie G. Mardell

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid and sturdy, but keep in mind the weight of the TV, 18 Aug 2011
Tony S V (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Invision® TV Wall Mount Bracket - New Slim Line Design With Cantilever Arm Tilt & Swivel Feature For 26 - 55 inch TV Screens, Fits LED, LCD & Plasma, Max VESA 400mm x 400mm (Please check TV VESA Mounting Holes Before Purchase) (Electronics)
I've been looking to wall mount my TV for a while now, since it sat too low on the TV stand. There are simply loads and loads of different TV brackets available. I did not want one which was slim line (against the wall) as I am aware that the cables connected to the back of the TV require a certain amount of room. Also I wanted to avoid the situation where the TV wall bracket would be visible from behind the TV and so after having seen the reviews of this wall mount I decided to invest. I have a 37in LED tv which weighs 15Kg, which this bracket can comfortably support.
Firstly the delivery process was top notch, the order turned up a few days after being placed.

All the tools, bolts and rawl plugs are included and the instructions are fairly straight forward. There are an array of machine screws (3 sets of different sizes) provided to ensure that the back plate can be attached to the rear of the television.
You'll need to do some simple calculations to determine where to drill the three holes needed to hold the wall bracket (which holds the cantilever arm), this is to ensure that you don't end up with the television too high and also too far to the left. I calculated the top hole for the wall bracket to be 6 cm below from the top edge of the TV and 22 cms to the right of the centre of the back plate.
You'll need a drill with a size 10 drill bit and a spirit level to ensure you get all the holes right.
Once the cantilever arm is in place I'd recommend asking a friend to help lift the TV to attach to position the back plate onto the fastening clamp and then holding it, while it is being screwed in.
This bracket is very strong and sturdy and I can happily recommend it, it is totally hidden from sight of my tv. However before purchasing check the weight of the TV to ensure the clamp is suitable to support the weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and sturdy - Great for the price., 6 Sep 2012
After checking around for a full 180 degree swivelling arm for my new TV I had seen many a similar arm for £150-200 and was a little cautious of buying something this cheap.

However, the package duly arrived and upon inspection this turned out to be a seemingly very well made and sturdy arm with a full range of movement and all the bits and bolts needed to attatch to any tv. I did have a brief issue with getting the bolts to fit with the additional samsung plastic inserts that are meant to go onto the back of the TV if wall mounting but when I dispensed with them and just used the parts that came with the arm then it all slid together easily.

Fitting to the wall was simple enough, knock 3 big holes into the brickwork, pop in the wall-plugs and tighten up the long bolts. I would recommend removing the big allen bolts on the wall plate and mounting that first to the wall then re-attatching the arm so the weight is not pulling it out of the wall as you try to do the bolts up (and use I think a 12mm socket - The spanner in the pack didn't fit the wall bolts).

The plate for the TV mounted easily and I didn't need to use the extender which was included, even though the TV is 37", so that saved some time. The plate slotted onto the arm very easily (Just hook in at the top and slide the holes onto the threaded rods) and was fastened with the two locking nuts provided.

I've tried yanking on the arm and then moving it around at full extension once the tv was fitted and it all appears level and sturdy. The only minor issue is the cable clips don't appear to be that great but there's plenty of clearance when the arm folds to hang the cable bundle via a velcro strap instead.

All in all? Great for the price and well reccommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and professional.Take your time fitting it., 9 Aug 2013
C. N. Dadd (Beaconsfield, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought it to hold a 40" Samsung 6800 screen up in the corner of a room. Beware that because of the cantilever arm you'll bolt it to the wall a few inches left or right of the centre of the screen. You also need a socket with ratchet to get the long hex bolts into a solid wall and a spirit level. I made a cardboard template of the screen from the box the screen came in, so I could see where the bracket would be best placed. In other words I put the cardboard screen on the bracket and held it up to the wall. When I was happy with the position, I marked the edge of the bracket with a pencil to be sure I'd get it in the same place. I discovered the VESA holes in the TV were much nearer the top of the screen than the centre. I would have installed the bracket in the wrong place otherwise.

Once I marked the top left hole, I drilled with a 6mm masonry bit first, then a larger 10mm one. Injected a spray lubricant in to ease getting the bolt in. Hung the bracket off that first one, to mark the second one. I'm not a DIY pro and in my experience, if you mark all the four holes and drill straight away, they won't all line up because it's hard to drill each one exactly on the mark. One at a time, marking each one after rechecking the previous ones line up is safer.

When I was twisting the bolts in they did squeak a bit but once tight to the wall this bracket is now immovable. The tilt feature is great.

All in all, I can't see any faults with it. It's a shame the postage cost almost as much as the item.

Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, sturdy and easy to fit, 9 May 2012
S. Capes - See all my reviews
I was nervous about buying a wall bracket for our 47" LG as reviews of several types seemed to report sag and tilt problems with the larger models. The reviews for this seemed best so we ordered it. Delivery was fast - by DHL. My husband and I fitted it in about an hour including clearing the space for drilling and doing the measurements. Hubby's only complaints - no advice about drill bit size and no guidance for measurements when positioning the holes, but it wasn't difficult once the plate was attached to the TV. The wall fixing is 5" to the right of centre (looking at the wall) and the top wall bolt is approx 7.25" from the top of the screen. 3 bolts fit vertically down the bracket (use a plumb-line to make it precise). He used a smallish masonry drill first then a 10mm drill bit but it wasn't quite big enough for the huge wall-plugs so he used the next size up to just make a wider opening. We used the supplied bolts and it seems as solid as a rock.
The bracket comes with a standard TV plate and an extension kit for larger TVs. We needed that as the VESA fittings on our LG are the maximum 400 x 400. There are various size screws included in the kit to suit different TVs.
Our TV weighed 38lbs (approx 17.25kg) including the plate attachment (forgot to weigh it first!) which is well within the maximum of 80lbs.
Once the plate is attached to the TV (must make sure it's the right way up with the slot for the lug at the top)and the bracket fitted to the wall, the plate simply hooks over the lug on the bracket and holds with 2 nuts.
When the TV is pushed close to the wall (our TV came with its own spacers but 2 types are included in the kit as well) the screen is just under 4" from the wall. At full extension it's about 21" away which gives massive swivel allowance, taking our 47" to about 60 degrees from centre, allowing it to be viewed from anywhere in the room. We're not using the tilt but it has about 25 - 30 degrees of forward tilt if you're fixing it higher than eye level. A big TV needs two hands to adjust the position but it moves easily while not being loose and floppy.
Superb piece of kit!

5.0 out of 5 stars TV wall mount., 20 April 2012
This is a great bit of kit for mounting TV to wall, went together like clockwork,
finish is excellent,and well manufactured. Cheers for "Invision " as I have three of their units and all have been A1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Identical to another brand that costs four times the price, 20 Aug 2014
I spent ages researching these products and had settled on an expensive bracket by Vogel for just of £100, then I noticed that actually this product was visually identical. I studied the photos and decided to take a risk. When the product arrived it was very solid and extremely well made. Everything bolts together properly.

My only comment is that I was installing the TV to fit into a custom made recess and therefore the accurate placement of the bracket in the X & Y axis was essential to ensure that the TV fitted into the recess and when it did so it was centred properly. Unfortunatley there is now marking on the bracket to indicate the centre line and due to it's thin profile when shut, the wall fittings are actually off centre on the X axis, but there is nothing in the instructions to tell you the size of this offset.

After much head scratching I did eventually plump on the location and luckily it all worked out. I was also lucky that I had a very small spirit level to use to check the levels as unlike other brackets there was nothing supplied in the fitting kit.

That being said the bracket feels very solid and smooth when operating and I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 25 Sep 2010
Hi. I bought 2 other brackets before. They both were heavy, ugly, poor made etc. Plus size!
This bracket was delivered quickly...and it is most versatile,beautiful and light bracket I ever had.
Fitting in minutes.

Tom

3.0 out of 5 stars A good product BUT BE VERY CAREFUL WHICH TV YOU'RE GOING TO USE IT WITH, 24 Aug 2013
Mr. Leslie G. Mardell "eleffbee" (New Malden, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Because the product was sold as suitable for TVs from 26 inches upwards, I ordered it for use with a Samsung 28 inch LED TV (UE28F4000AW) and ran into some problems. Samsung TVs up to 28 inches must be fixed to a wall mount kit using M4 x 25mm long screws that comply with VESA standard screw specifications. This wall bracket is supplied ONLY with M5, M6 and M8 screws of various lengths, so the first thing to check is what screws fit your TV. Obviously I had to find some suitable screws.

I planned to use this TV with Freeview and it works very well. ANOTHER BUT...Samsung have thoughtfully? sited the RF aerial socket (conventional aerial) approximately 55mm from the nearest of the VESA mounting screws. This means that the backplate of this product obstructs the socket. This only applies to the RF aerial socket no others are affected. Rather than muck about returning the thing I cut a notch out of the backplate, but not everyone will be comfortable doing this. I would advise a careful check on the siting of the various sockets in the back of the TV before ordering.

The product is secured to the wall with 4 hefty 80mm hexagonal headed screws. A 12mm spanner (not supplied) or ring socket is required to tighten these. If you're fixing to a solid masonry wall a 10mm masonry drill is needed for the plugs (which are supplied).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wall mount, 19 Nov 2011
Great product...glides round with my 46" samsung on no problem, sits back to wall and looks very neat and tidy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but would describe it as slim, 2 Sep 2013
This is a good wall mount. Has quite a bit of swivel and is quite impressive for such a small thing.

It is nice and slim but wouldn't go as far as calling it super slim. But maybe I should just go for a wall mount directly on the wall next time without all the extra swivel capabilities.

Make sure when you measure out the location for this, you do so from the center plate that will carry the TV, NOT from the holes in the wall mount, you'll be off by 10-15cm...

Good product all in all.