5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound. Fantastic value.
These are amazing value as when they were first released they were sixty quid!!
I can confirm they are real as I'm replacing an old set with these and they are like for like the same. Sound, cable length, fittings, carry bag etc.
Published 21 months ago by P. Bramhall

2.0 out of 5 stars Leakier than a sieve
I've had these headphones for 3 years now and they still work perfectly, so if you're looking for a solid pair of headphones that will last then these will serve you well. They are also fantastic sound quality and reproduce tones accurately, sturdy as hell (they won't fall out) and do a reasonable job of isolating external noise too.

However, these headphones...
Published 15 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound. Fantastic value., 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Philips SHE9800/10 In Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics - Black (Accessory)
These are amazing value as when they were first released they were sixty quid!!
These are my favourite earphones. I've used many over the years and used to buy Sennheisers, 300 500 etc but they are poorly built and break too quickly.
These are tough, my old ones have a crackly wire by the jack but other than that they're perfect. They have lasted a couple of years and for me that's amazing. I find the Sennheisers only last months. Before you say it they have always been genuine ones, it's easy to spot the differences.
These sound really good. Right through the range there's good clarity. I don't know the correct terminology but I think they call it the sound stage.
I don't know how to explain this bit technically but they're full of life, not clinical. A very lively sound, very full and the sounds are really well separated and fill the ears and head. The sound seems broad, hard to explain.

I use them on my Cowon mostly and if you know your music devices you need good ear phones or there's no point owning a Cowon.
These are awesome for all my music, from Death to Kate Bush. The base is deep and clear and the mid is strong, the highs are very crisp.

I use them with my PC, Cowon, Yamaha amp, Pioneer amp, Hitachi hifi, Xbox 360 (via Pioneer or Yamaha), Panasonic plasma, DAB, several phones and pads and even an Ipod. With good quality headphones you can tell the difference in the quality of the device providing the sound. Some companies should hang their heads in shame... not going to start ranting... but you hear clear difference in the quality of the delivery from different devices playing the same stuff.

Very robust.
Clear sound delivery from the base to the top.
Initially odd fitting but always comfortable, takes 10-15 minutes to get used to.
Not going to shake the head like Dr. Dre but at least everything else s crystal clear. These have a very deep and clear base.
Not fatiguing I can wear these for a 12 hour shift at work and never get physically sore ears or fatigued from the sound.
At this price(under fifteen quid delivered) simply unbeatable. I paid 2-3X than this for my first set and would have happily paid that price again
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend for runners., 30 Dec 2013
I use these headphones for running mostly it does produce good quality sound. They fit really well for me, don't fall from my ears while running.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable - bad sound, 25 Nov 2013
Very uncomfortable and sound is not loud enough. Disappointed by philips after having bought much better headphones from them. Product quality is not as good any more

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit perfectly in the ear, Good sound, 30 May 2013
Most earphones do not stay in my ears. These do - and well.
The sound is good, solid and great value for what you pay for.
The seller's response to my queries was quick and friendly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Leakier than a sieve, 22 May 2013

However, these headphones leak sound like it's nobodies business; the number of comments I've had from people being able to hear sound (even when the volume is low - specifically, 3 volume blocks on a mac computer) is ridiculous and renders these headphones unusable in social situations.

The sound quality is brilliant, the build quality is what you would expect from philips (and I'm sure they'll last much much longer, too) but unfortunately these are being replaced by headphones that are better sealed so I can use them on trains and in public without being berated for 'deafening' myself and everyone around me.

It's a real shame because sound and build quality like this at this price level is hard to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sound and suitable for small ears, 28 April 2013
I bought these earphones for my girlfriend, who loves them. She has quite small ears and it's hard for her to get earphones which fit into her ears. These do, with the smallest rubbers. The sounding was good when I tried them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones for the money., 30 Jan 2013
Had all sorts of headphones but these are the best I've had under 35 - at this price I had to get 3 pairs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad for Fifteen Quid, 14 Jan 2013
Kevin Perry - See all my reviews
As we all know, sound appreciation is a very individual and personal matter. However, there are some things that can be generalised.
I bought these as a replacement for a pair of Sennheiser CX300 Eco Ear Canal Headphones which cost me about the same money in 2009.
It has to be said that these SHE9800/10 are not bad for fifteen quid. Hence the 4-star evaluation.
However the CX300 are streets better, with a more balanced response right throughout the range from the driven bass right up through to the high frequencies.
The equivalent CX300 these days can be bought for 25 to 30, so the comparison with the Philips SHE9800/10 is not a particularly fair one.
However, I would point out that although the bass and top end of the SHE9800/10 is nicely balanced the mid range is rather harsh and 'up-front'. This can become very tiring during any extended listening.
If you have a comprehensive EQ on your device this can be filtered favourably. If you are using your mobile phone as your media device and you want a pleasant listening experience I would recommend spending the few s extra to get a better all round listening experience.
It is also worth noting that the unusual design of these phones means that, in my ears, they are reasonably comfortable and, because of the broad flanges of the body which tuck nicely into the shape of the outer ear, do not fall out too easily. However, I imagine that if your ear is not exactly the right shape this could be problematic, i.e. if you have particularly small or particularly large ears.