4.0 out of 5 stars A good unit. Exceeded my expectations

Published on 5 Sep 2011 by K. I. Sawdon

4.0 out of 5 stars A good unit. Exceeded my expectations, 25 Jun 2010
D. Patterson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
I was unsure about buying this but I have found it to be a decent unit. I work shifts and so I sometimes have to sleep during the day when the outside temperature is at its hotest. The cooler is really useful as it blows out cold air and quickly cools the room. The timer feature is useful, you can set it to switch off after a period of time so it won't be on for hours if you put it on when you go to bed.

It is well worth buying one of these, I could not justify spending money on an air conditioning unit for my bedroom and I feel this does a good enough job. I am told these units use one tenth of the power Aircon does so it's better for your electricity bill too. Bear in mind though air coolers require airflow to work so you'll have to keep a window open. I suppose this is healthier than breathing the same recycled air like with air conditioning, however it does mean if your neighbour decides to mow the lawn or take a chainsaw to something you'll have to put up with the noise

5.0 out of 5 stars cool air, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
I ordered this cooler during the recent heat wave to help cool the room at night to get some sleep. This is the first time we have brought this type of product, being confused as to what to buy ( air cooler vs air condinioner). I went for this unit as I new the brand, the item looks better than some cheaper units, and has a larger water tank than most others on the market, so less frequent refilling of the water.
Many reviews said the unit is too loud for a bedroom, however I am use to a large fan being on at night, so this was not a lot louder, and i guess its a trade off worth doing for a cooler room.
In terms of unit usage, I have found it best to turn the unit on about an hour before bed, with cool water with some ice cudes in it as well as ice blocks from the freezer. The colder the water to cooler the aire will become. The option to use as a fan is also usefull. The "swing" fuction is good to spread the air with the adjustable louvers to direct the air where you want it. I find the optional speeds helpful depending on the temperature, and although i have not used it the sleep timer is a good idea. The remote makes it that little bit easier to control when in bed and wanting to adjust the fan speed.
Would recommend the unit, but remember it is not air conditioning, so the room will be cooler to help sleep, but not cold as some may assume.

5.0 out of 5 stars air cooler, 25 Jun 2010
Ms. Lesley I. Webster "eskimo" (cleveland uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
My flat was like a greenhouse with windows on all sides. This air cooler keeps the air fresh, cool and sweet, and at such an affordable price, I'm surprised it's so efficient.
Lesley Webster, Cleveland

3.0 out of 5 stars Very noisy but efficient, 5 Sep 2011
K. I. Sawdon (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
We bought this air cooler for use in bedroom during the long hot british summer nights ! We did stay cool, but unfortunately we also stayed very tired as the noise from this machine certainly prevented any sleep. This cooler is probably ideal for use in a busy office or workshop but certainly not suitable for a bedroom. We returned the machine and received a refund. 'Hunter' brand fans are a quieter alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
The product came sooner than expected which was very impressive. Tested it and it works but I can not comment more on this product as i did not use it more than 30 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Air cooler, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
I bought this air cooler due to the warm spell we had and the original fan I had was just circulating warm air.
I must say I'm rather pleased with it, a bit noisy but worth the cool air it blows out, it comes with a remote so I don't even have to get out of bed in the night which is a bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars good cooling, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
Great product. Its a bit noisy but all reviews stated this and it's worth the fan noise for the level of cooling you get on a hot day. I put ice blocks in the water to ensure best results. brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars PREM-I-AIR HEPA AIR PURIFIER AP281-2SN, 31 Mar 2010
G. MAYNARD (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
Some air filters are so much more expensive, but this one can be purchased quite inexpensively and yet still does the job.
Also it is quiet on the first setting, so can be left running without noise being intrusive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Air Cooler, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
Chose this item because of the reviews, ratings and the easiiness of the use. Not disapointed very pleased with it. It,s in a room in a care home and is absolutely perfect, highly recommend it to anybody, contary to a few opinions that nearly put me off that it was noisy, I can say it is definately not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Pets at Play Rope with Teather
I have been very frustrated by this cooler. I would have been just as well off by buying a fan at a fraction of the price. Its cooling abilities are very limited.

Pets at Play Rope with Teather