Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£17.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 16 December 2015
Mountain were very much a 'band of their times'. Very good heavy metal band, before 'heavy metal' was invented. I spent weeks and weeks with a soldering iron, and various electronic magazines, trying to reproduce Pappalardi's bass sound. No wonder he is now registered deaf.
on 25 March 2013
I wasn't even born when Mountain were around but I love good guitar work and Leslie west is an excellent player, really tasty bends in his lead playing, again simillar to montrose, you can hear were van halen got their inspiration from, alot of this reminds me of a heavier version of Cream. Standouts for me include Mississippi queen, Don't look around, Nantucket Sleigh ride,Flowers of Evil, One Last Cold Kiss, and the Leslie west guitar workout Dream Sequence. 8/10 as there are a few week cuts but can't complain when you've only paid about 2.00 for each of the 5 cd's. Recommended, especially if you like Cream, Zeppelin etc.
55 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 July 2015
Great to hear again
on 13 May 2015
The only complaint I have with this is the quality of recording of some of these albums, a problem with Mountain, I have to say that my vinyl copies are better but I don't have all of these and I can't take my Hi-Fi with me on the move and too lazy to digitise all of my vinyl.
on 24 March 2011
Buena selección de los discos de este grupo. Se puede observar el progreso de Leslie West, en estudio y en directo. La presentacion en replicas de LPs esta conseguida aunque lo podia haber mejorado un poco mas.
on 3 November 2015
Some good some bad tracks ....but when it's good, it's great.
on 8 March 2015
brill
on 28 April 2011
well 5 cds of fantasic music loved mountain when i was younger !! and to revisit the music was very good price for 5 cds was good so my neighbours get the benefiet
on 6 February 2011
in the mid 1960s Mountain would have made it big with their intense loud hard-hitting rock n roll sound, but like mnay bands coming into the 1970s they were unable to leave the 60s behind and the fanbase was moving towards progressive rock. There are a few real highpoints, such as Nantucket Sleighride (Weekend World theme), and the live album, but most of the songs here shouldn't be allowed out on their own and are from a bygone era that never really scores on the nostalgia stakes. Great if you like hard muscle rock, but there is so much better out there to be had.
66 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse