5.0 out of 5 stars solid product
I am a frequent air traveler, and I do work in a noisy office (people, fans, air conditioner etc.). I have owned this product for 1.5 months as of now, and I must say that I am very pleased with my purchase. The noise of the fans is drastically reduced, and with the music on, I simply do not hear the people talking in the office. Even with the noise cancelling feature...
Published 23 months ago by rush

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not enough for the price
Pros

- exceptionally good build quality and material

- very good isolation from noise in environments like the train or the underground

Cons

- they clamp the head too firmly, and they don't even become a bit easier after some usage, so even though they are around-ear after a while they become uncomfortable and heavy

-...
Published on 15 Aug 2012 by The Disturbance in The Force...

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HC700 Noise Cancelling Headphones (Electronics)
Although comfortable to wear, these appear completely ineffective at blocking out the noise from the office next door. It's just about OK if playing music through them, but the noise-cancelling setting seems to make absolutely no different from just wearing the headphones. Surprised from such a well-known brand...

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 22 Nov 2012
I can only say that I am extremely disappointed in this product. Whether I received a defective pair I don't know, but despite inserting the required battery and switching noise-reduction on, there was absolutely no noise reduction, let alone the quoted 92%. I tried it with several different sources of noise, including vacuum cleaners and washing machines, thinking it may only work with specific frequencies, but alas nothing.

It's a pity, because the style and build quality looks good, it just doesn't perform its intended function.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stitching coming undone, 27 Mar 2014
D. King (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I bought them in September 2012 and I've not really used them that much yet the stitching on the left year has come undone. I still like them though and I would buy them again but not yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars must be good, 6 Jan 2014
havn't had must chance to use them yet, because of the grandchildren, they think they are 'cool', so coming from a 15yr and 19yr old's what more can i say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed. Very good build quality, look and sound great. Noise cancelling is the t*ts., 2 Dec 2013
Have a very good build quality, look and sound great. Noise cancelling is the t*ts. These are worth the money and would shame many more expensive pairs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really sure, 25 Nov 2013
This is my first experience of active noise cancelling headphones so I have nothing to compare them with. I chose these after very thoroughly researching Amazon reviews and I thought they struck the right balance of cost v user ratings. Now these are perfectly good headphones and they shut out the noise of the underground, which was why I wanted them, but I have to say I can discern absolutely no difference between active/inactive status - really none at all. I also have a suspicion these are not the absolute latest model that some reviewers have referred to. So I am left with the nagging doubt that I could have done just as well with a much cheaper pair of over-ear headphones without the noise cancelling gizmo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 9 Nov 2013
I used it on the ferry to Dunkirk and when I switched it to noice cancelling, straight away you heard the difference. Good enough for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 Nov 2013
Elliot Jenkins "ETJ" (Australia) - See all my reviews
So I was going on a gap year to Australia which meant I would be doing a lot of flying so I wanted some peace and quiet on the plane. Looking at the Bose equivalents and the reviews for this I thought I'd get these for a fraction of the price and they were well worth it. With noise cancellation switched on, on the plane you can barely hear it especially if you turn your music up a little tiny bit, not deafening like on normal headphones. I use them now as every day headphones on my PC and is great for cancelling the noise all my fans make. It's got a nice bass if you can drive it which my new computer struggles but my phone can do fine and lovely and clear. My only little complaint but would probably the same case on any active noise cancelling headphones is that if you have ANC switched on and it is windy they pick this up and play it back to you so avoid using ANC in windy conditions e.g. sat next to a fan :( Otherwise amazing :D Oh and stick a lithium battery in it and you'll be good to go for months on end, I just replaced a battery last week after using it for ages hours on end :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones for the price, 9 Oct 2013
I have not used them yet on a flight, but they seem comfortable, although a little tight. Maybe they will ease with time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RP-HC700, 23 Sep 2013
This has been one of the best buys I have made in a long time. I have found the headphones comfortable and very effective in both an office environment and during flights.
No longer those horrible little freebies provided by the airlines, now I can hear every line of dialogue and all the background sound in the film without all the roar of the engines, even the sound of babies crying is much reduced.
At the price these are great value for money, I could have spent three times as much for not much better performance.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›