5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, great sound.
I, having had mixed experiences with cheaper phones (I reviewed some) was looking to move a step up-market and bought both these and "Betron B550s Noise Isolating in Ear Canal Headphones Earphones with Pure Sound and Powerful Bass". It seems a good idea to make this a comparative review for both products.

Sensitivity/Volume: Both products give good...
Published 5 months ago by Dr. Timothy J. Stevenson

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the money
Bought as replacements for the original iphone headphones which just don't fit my ears very well. Love the set of different sized rubber rings so you can get a good fit in the ear. The phones themselves have good and bad points. On the good side, the sound is excellent and I get a good fit. On the downside, the transfer of sound from the wires is terrible. With the iphone...
Published 9 months ago by Pete

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, great sound., 9 Oct. 2014
Dr. Timothy J. Stevenson "Tim" (Bracknell UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black (Electronics)

Sensitivity/Volume: Both products give good volume with my devices. I would be pushed to distinguish between them.

Sound Quality: My old ears have high frequency roll-off so I am not a good judge of treble performance, but the Betatron sounds to me distinctly more "toppy". In the bass, despite Betatron's claim of "powerful base", I find the Panasonic to be a more mellow sound.

Cables: the cable of the Panasonic is a reasonable ~115cm. The Betatron is longer at ~130cm

Plug: The Betatron has a straight plug, the Panasonic a (sometimes more convenient) right angled one.

Shape: The Betatron, as you can see from the picture, is quite a large cylinder. The Panasonic "Ergo Fit" is unusual. What is not clear from the picture, is that the piece that goes into the ear is not central on the main body, but significantly in front of it as worn. This works. I get the impression that Panasonic have actually looked at the shape of the human ear!

Huge advantage: The Panasonic is the first and only phone that I can comfortably wear in bed with my ear on the pillow!

Impression: The Betatron seems to me to be saying "I'm a big, shiny, mean woofer" without actually delivering more bass. The Panasonic is designed to deliver great sound into the human ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of cheap headphones, 8 Jan. 2012
Headphones stay in my ear really well with 3 different sized ear plugs. The sound is pretty decent - better than some headphones that cost 5 times the price and the plug that goes into my ipod is at right angles which tend to last longer than standard ipod headphones that bend and fray.

Overall a really good pair of headphones - even better that they are so cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stocking filler, 28 Dec. 2013
Bought loads of these to have in my family's stockings for Christmas, the sound quality out of these is brilliant, my Mom can finally hear the bass track in the damn Gabrielle album she's been listening to solidly since 1999.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Earphones!, 17 Oct. 2013
I bought these due to having them before! These will eventually break, however, the sound quality is brilliant and matches the likes of Beats By Dre, which I also own (Tour Beats and Solo HD's).

The only problem with these is the wire. The wire can easily tangle, it will also eventually lose connection to the earphone eventually like any other earphone you can buy.

I generally use these for Cycling and its cheaper for me to replace these earphones than Beats once they eventually break (Usually after 1 - 2 years) of constant 5 days per week use both whilst cycling and whilst sat doing work at uni. Usually around 2 hours per day. So these are very reliable.

As mentioned before, the sound you get from these are immense and you'll be surprised what you expect from such cheap earphones (I bought my first pair for £15 and these are £6.50). I use these with my iPhone and they work great! They may work and sound better if you own a HTC which is made for sound!

I would definitely recommend these to anyone!

Unless you are looking for a style trend, which beats would be the better choice!

I hope this review helps you choose the right earphones for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Buds for Superb Price, 30 Sept. 2014
I first bought a pair of these ear buds after having spent nearly £10 at the pound shop on worthless, second-rate buds that lasted only a week (and probably damaged my hearing). I reckoned I would 'splash out' a little more and hopefully get something that wouldn't drive me insane within 7 days. I knew I wasn't going to get the most high-end equipment for a fiver, but I sure wasn't disappointed with these!

What a gem! I have had my pair for over a year and half now, used them nearly every day, and only now they broke. Fantastic sound quality throughout, really nice on the bass especially. While their shape will throw you off a little if you're not used to it, they actually fit very nicely into the ear and don't fall out. They also come with two swappable plastic rings which are different sizes, so if you don't like the fit you can switch to a smaller or bigger bud.

Now I should mention that I used these mainly at home. I did wind the cord around into a loop every time I put them away, but they spent practically their whole life on my bedside desk--so I'm not so sure if keeping them in your handbag or back pocket, and using them out and about will shorten their lifespan (I'd imagine it would). However, for £5 these earphones definitely have impressive durability.

Another thing I will say is that I know there are ear buds and proper headphones that produce far superior sound quality--so if you're a gamer or a movie buff looking for something slick to give your viewing experience that extra "wow" factor, you'll probably be disappointed. But that's really not what these babies were designed for.
I'd say anyone who wants decent sound quality for a fair price, ear buds that won't need replacing after 7 days, and is on a tight budget should definitely go for these.

Having originally bought these on a student budget and student's needs (decent sound, lasts long, can be tucked away in my messenger bag) these were a true blessing and an investment I do not regret. So much so, that now my old pair is busted, I'm buying a second set!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like em a lot., 17 July 2013
These earphones block out noise so I can actually listen to stuff while travelling on the london underground. Got to be a bit careful when walking down the street and crossing roads though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant headphones!, 30 May 2013
Replaced my more expensive Samsung headphones, and they are brilliant! The shape means that they don't fall out every 5 seconds, and the sound quality is excellent considering the price of them - not tinny, and the bass is really clear! Great product - excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value, 21 Jan. 2012
Ordered these headphones for my mp3 player as the headphones that came with it where terrible, thought i may have made a mistake as heaphones under £10 usually have awful sound quality and are very uncomfortable, well im pleased to say i was wrong, i ordered these on friday woke up saturday to see they had arrived they come with 2 extra sets of gummy ear pieces in different sizes, there is no volume control on the lead which isnt a big deal, i plugged them in my mp3 then put them in my ears was shocked at how comfortable they felt and the moment of truth i pressed play and to my suprise i had crystal clear music the buds on the ear pieces totally block out any back ground noise i even turned my mp3 up to full volume and found there was no distortion to the music although it was very loud! If you want some decent headphones but dont want to spend alot get a pair of these as the money you pay compared to the quality is unbelievable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, 1 Jun. 2013
I've had these a few months now and have had no problems at all. They fit nicely into my small ears and stay in well too. The sound quality is crisp and clear, and you don't need the volume too loud. I went for these after about 5 pairs of earphones in a row that I owned all stopped working after short times. These are fairly cheap but good quality - just what I need!

The only dislike is that there's no slide-y thingy on the wires to make them shorter at the top (not sure what this is called).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality sound, 12 Feb. 2015
Good quality sound much clearer than my old earphones and also these don't fall out at the gym which is a bonus.