5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, great sound.
I, having had mixed experiences with cheaper phones (I reviewed some) was looking to move a step up-market and bought both these and "Betron B550s Noise Isolating in Ear Canal Headphones Earphones with Pure Sound and Powerful Bass". It seems a good idea to make this a comparative review for both products.

Sensitivity/Volume: Both products give good...
Published 8 months ago by Dr. Timothy J. Stevenson

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality.
They were a well priced set of headphones and they had a good sound quality to them I used them for about 2 hours a day then the left ear suddenly stopped working, I was quite annoyed at this as they were less than a month old. I presume its because the cord is the only easy way to take them out after use and by pulling on the cord the solder in between the cord and...
Published 2 months ago by Isaac Whitehead

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, great sound., 9 Oct. 2014
Dr. Timothy J. Stevenson "Tim" (Bracknell UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black (Electronics)

Sensitivity/Volume: Both products give good volume with my devices. I would be pushed to distinguish between them.

Sound Quality: My old ears have high frequency roll-off so I am not a good judge of treble performance, but the Betatron sounds to me distinctly more "toppy". In the bass, despite Betatron's claim of "powerful base", I find the Panasonic to be a more mellow sound.

Cables: the cable of the Panasonic is a reasonable ~115cm. The Betatron is longer at ~130cm

Plug: The Betatron has a straight plug, the Panasonic a (sometimes more convenient) right angled one.

Shape: The Betatron, as you can see from the picture, is quite a large cylinder. The Panasonic "Ergo Fit" is unusual. What is not clear from the picture, is that the piece that goes into the ear is not central on the main body, but significantly in front of it as worn. This works. I get the impression that Panasonic have actually looked at the shape of the human ear!

Huge advantage: The Panasonic is the first and only phone that I can comfortably wear in bed with my ear on the pillow!

Impression: The Betatron seems to me to be saying "I'm a big, shiny, mean woofer" without actually delivering more bass. The Panasonic is designed to deliver great sound into the human ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stocking filler, 28 Dec. 2013
Bought loads of these to have in my family's stockings for Christmas, the sound quality out of these is brilliant, my Mom can finally hear the bass track in the damn Gabrielle album she's been listening to solidly since 1999.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Buds for Superb Price, 30 Sept. 2014
I first bought a pair of these ear buds after having spent nearly £10 at the pound shop on worthless, second-rate buds that lasted only a week (and probably damaged my hearing). I reckoned I would 'splash out' a little more and hopefully get something that wouldn't drive me insane within 7 days. I knew I wasn't going to get the most high-end equipment for a fiver, but I sure wasn't disappointed with these!

What a gem! I have had my pair for over a year and half now, used them nearly every day, and only now they broke. Fantastic sound quality throughout, really nice on the bass especially. While their shape will throw you off a little if you're not used to it, they actually fit very nicely into the ear and don't fall out. They also come with two swappable plastic rings which are different sizes, so if you don't like the fit you can switch to a smaller or bigger bud.

Now I should mention that I used these mainly at home. I did wind the cord around into a loop every time I put them away, but they spent practically their whole life on my bedside desk--so I'm not so sure if keeping them in your handbag or back pocket, and using them out and about will shorten their lifespan (I'd imagine it would). However, for £5 these earphones definitely have impressive durability.

Another thing I will say is that I know there are ear buds and proper headphones that produce far superior sound quality--so if you're a gamer or a movie buff looking for something slick to give your viewing experience that extra "wow" factor, you'll probably be disappointed. But that's really not what these babies were designed for.
I'd say anyone who wants decent sound quality for a fair price, ear buds that won't need replacing after 7 days, and is on a tight budget should definitely go for these.

Having originally bought these on a student budget and student's needs (decent sound, lasts long, can be tucked away in my messenger bag) these were a true blessing and an investment I do not regret. So much so, that now my old pair is busted, I'm buying a second set!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of cheap headphones, 8 Jan. 2012
Headphones stay in my ear really well with 3 different sized ear plugs. The sound is pretty decent - better than some headphones that cost 5 times the price and the plug that goes into my ipod is at right angles which tend to last longer than standard ipod headphones that bend and fray.

Overall a really good pair of headphones - even better that they are so cheap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Earphones!, 17 Oct. 2013
I bought these due to having them before! These will eventually break, however, the sound quality is brilliant and matches the likes of Beats By Dre, which I also own (Tour Beats and Solo HD's).

The only problem with these is the wire. The wire can easily tangle, it will also eventually lose connection to the earphone eventually like any other earphone you can buy.

I generally use these for Cycling and its cheaper for me to replace these earphones than Beats once they eventually break (Usually after 1 - 2 years) of constant 5 days per week use both whilst cycling and whilst sat doing work at uni. Usually around 2 hours per day. So these are very reliable.

As mentioned before, the sound you get from these are immense and you'll be surprised what you expect from such cheap earphones (I bought my first pair for £15 and these are £6.50). I use these with my iPhone and they work great! They may work and sound better if you own a HTC which is made for sound!

I would definitely recommend these to anyone!

Unless you are looking for a style trend, which beats would be the better choice!

I hope this review helps you choose the right earphones for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 30 Jan. 2011
A. Campbell (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have 2 pairs of earphones for my iPod touch - one pair broke, the other pair cut the insides of my ears!
I was in a shop one day and saw that these were down to £6.99 so bought them straight away. It was the best purchase I ever made! Here are some of the things I liked:
The (bud) part that actually sits inside your ear is oval instead of round, which helps them stay in better.
The rubber ear pieces are well stuck on which means they shouldn't come off in your ear (as both my previous pairs did!)
They slip easily into place and stay there, which makes them very comfortable.
The jack (end that actually goes into MP3 device) is shaped as an 'L' instead of being straight - this means that I'm not bending the cable when winding it around my iPod so they should last longer.
Considering the price, the sound is very good quality, I think you won't get better headphones than these without paying 'big bucks'.

If you're sick of hating your earphones, BUY THESE!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like em a lot., 17 July 2013
These earphones block out noise so I can actually listen to stuff while travelling on the london underground. Got to be a bit careful when walking down the street and crossing roads though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and the sound is great, 23 Dec. 2014
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I was looking for ear buds that would not irritate my sensitive ears. My old ones were the solid Sony Walkman kind, too big for my ear shape and they were always falling out, even when just walking about, never mind exercising. I had another pair that came with my Creative mp3 and, before the right side stopped working, they were actually painful to wear.

I researched several brands and finally chose these Panasonic ear buds which I find perfectly satisfactory. For a start, they are extremely comfortable, the tips are oval (I suppose that's the "ergo fit" part) and seem to fit my anatomy better than the round varieties and, of course, there are three different sizes of tips to choose from. I sometimes forget I've got them on.

The sound quality is surprisingly good for such an inexpensive product, with a deep satisfying bass and clear treble without distortion, and fairly good insulation from background noise. The wire, though thin, looks solid and is long enough to reach inside my trouser pocket (I usually run the wire inside my shirt, to keep it from getting tangled in things). As for durability, I've been using them almost daily for more than two years and, so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant headphones!, 30 May 2013
Replaced my more expensive Samsung headphones, and they are brilliant! The shape means that they don't fall out every 5 seconds, and the sound quality is excellent considering the price of them - not tinny, and the bass is really clear! Great product - excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value, 21 Jan. 2012
Ordered these headphones for my mp3 player as the headphones that came with it where terrible, thought i may have made a mistake as heaphones under £10 usually have awful sound quality and are very uncomfortable, well im pleased to say i was wrong, i ordered these on friday woke up saturday to see they had arrived they come with 2 extra sets of gummy ear pieces in different sizes, there is no volume control on the lead which isnt a big deal, i plugged them in my mp3 then put them in my ears was shocked at how comfortable they felt and the moment of truth i pressed play and to my suprise i had crystal clear music the buds on the ear pieces totally block out any back ground noise i even turned my mp3 up to full volume and found there was no distortion to the music although it was very loud! If you want some decent headphones but dont want to spend alot get a pair of these as the money you pay compared to the quality is unbelievable.