4.0 out of 5 stars A good all-rounder
I have tested this product now for just over a month.

Published on 10 Dec 2010 by A. S. Garton

3.0 out of 5 stars A tad too expensive
Published on 19 Mar 2011 by Sandford

4.0 out of 5 stars A good all-rounder, 10 Dec 2010
A. S. Garton "age garton" (milton keynes, england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Morphy Richards Comfigrip Eco 40853 Steam Iron Trizone Ceramic Soleplate, Grey (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tested this product now for just over a month.

First impressions were good. The Comfigrip iron is a slightly unusual shape as it has a very large water filling funnel. This is a very useful feature; it makes the filling process easier and safer. The iron is also very comfortable to handle and use, which you would probably expect given the name Morphy Richards have attached to their product! The iron has all of the features you would expect of a modern steam iron - good steam controls, easy to use and easily visible temperature controls, a good length of power cord, an efficient water spray. On the plus side, the Comfigrip also has a wide base/foot, making it stable in the upright position. It also has an alarm, so if you are prone to leaving it plugged in it will beep at you after a few minutes on inactivity. Eventually it will even switch itself off - again, very useful safety features.

There are a couple of downsides to this iron, however. I found the flow of steam to be a little bit intermittent during long ironing sessions, regardless of the steam setting, and some people won't like the fact that only the top part of the sole plate produces steam (lots of the competition produce steam from all over the sole plate these days). I was also surprised to read that tap water is not recommended for this iron. There are a lot of good irons out there on the market that work perfectly well with tap water, even in hard water areas, so this seems short sighted to me.

The Comfigrip is a good all rounder. Its safety features and ease of use will have a broad appeal. It's a good looking iron, and easy to stow away. If you like your iron with mega-steam capability, you might want to think twice.

3.0 out of 5 stars A tad too expensive, 19 Mar 2011
Sandford "Sandy" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using this iron for 3 months now, but have resorted back to my Morphy Richards Jet Stream iron, which I bought 6 years ago. This iron works very well, although I have found that the lime-scale reduction factor is not as great as it would seem to be for the price. Perhaps I have been used to the more powerful steam output of my old-favoured iron, as there has been hardly any build-up of scale on this model. An efficient iron, nevertheless, but, with some more research, a cheaper model would be just as effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and a Great Steam Iron, 17 Oct 2011
My old steam iron finally gave up the ghost so I wanted an iron with the latest technology but not too many gadgets, just simple to use with a good head of steam. This has met the bill perfectly ironing takes half the time, its easy to fill and the controls are simple.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes light work of a heavy load, 22 Nov 2010
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Iron has lots of good points;

- A decent length flexible cord
- A large water tank that's easy to fill
- Switches itself automatically off should you accidentally leave it plugged in
- Economy, Variable and Vertical Steam settings
- Steam Boost for those really hard to remove creases

I've been using it for about a month now and have to admit to being pretty impressed, it's slightly heavier than my previous iron but it's easy to manoeuvre and glides well. It heats up quickly and makes light work of heavy creases, the large handle base makes it quite stable when stood on it's end.

I wouldn't say it's converted me to enjoying my ironing but it certainly helps we get through a dreaded chore quickly and without much effort and that's got to be a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Iron, 29 Feb 2012
P. B. Monk (Wraysbury, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
Anything that keeps HRH (the wife) happy is alright with me. This iron is worth every penny and is feature packed. I tried it pressing trousers and it is very good. So pleased with this Morphy Richards product that we bought one of their slow cookers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and very effective, 27 Oct 2010
Peter R (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So the last thing you want when you're running late for a meeting is an iron that doesn't really iron very well and you're pressing down on the same crease time after time to little avail. Or if you've got a pile of ironing, the sooner it's done, the sooner you can rest those legs and watch a bit of Corrie.

Well, with this Morphy Richards, ironing is definitely quicker!

The product comes very well packed with the various paraphernalia that tends to come along. Warranty card, basic instructions of how not to set your house on fire and so on.

It is considerably heavier than our previous iron, but that was just a cheapy from Argos.

The build quality is fantastic and you just know that the money you've spent has been worth it and this is one iron that will last many years.

The chord is nice and long which means that every inch or garment will be reached without accidentally pulling the plug out. Also, the iron has a special steam section on the very tip of the iron to help iron those 'hard to reach' areas.

The dial is easy to access and turn, which isn't always the case with irons. The buttons are placed at very convenient places if you need to the extra bit of steam or spray, though the iron was so effective it will be unlikely you will use them very often. They've called it comfigrip and to be honest, I can't say i've used an uncomfortable iron so it's really just a bit of marketing.

The thing that is very good however, is the stability of the iron when you stand it up. With many irons, I am always worried about it losing balance and toppling over. However, with this iron, they have got the balance just right and whether it is on the ironing board or elsewhere, the iron feels and is stable when stood upright.

Expensive, yes. But worth it? Definitely!

Hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best iron purchase so far, 13 Sep 2012
This iron is brilliant. Even with the constant steam you are not forever having to top the water up. It is the first time I have used an iron with a ceramic base and I will never go back to steel. The toughest creases seem to just melt away. It is iight and comfortable to hold. Even when my ironing is done I am still looking for other items to iron, it is just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Iron, 21 Feb 2011
R. Wilton (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought it a few weeks ago and it arrived very quickly which was a nice surprise! I've used it several times for general home use and have experienced no problems. Don't be put off by the odd appearance compared to other irons: I found the stable base bit very good and also the fact that it has an easy pour lid is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute bargain of an iron, 18 Dec 2012
I had been in the market for a new iron for sometime now and when I saw this on Amazon for the bargain price of 26.99 I jumped at it.
I wanted a heavier iron that the cheap one it was replacing and that box is definitely ticked. However, it is not too heavy.
The iron heats up incredibly quickly so really handy when you are in a rush. The cord is very long, perhaps a little too long.
The steam power is excellent and the burst is really handy.
All in all I cannot recommend this iron enough.
I saw the very same iron on "sale" in Comet, during their dying days, for 70 and that was supposed to be their clearance price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sophisticated, 31 Oct 2012
every thing is there , what is said on the box... steam function is great .... permanent and shot .good looking big tank working is superb .