4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely bath toy
Published on 1 Sep 2010 by G. Woolley

2.0 out of 5 stars A toy for the bath but don't put it under the water!
I bought this for my grand-daughter who loved the little turtle. She was playing with it in the bath (she is two) and held the sides pressing all the feet and making noises etc, whilst playing she would dunk the turtle under the water and watch the little star etc come floating out.

However, the next time we came back to this the turtle it would turn on but...
Published on 3 Jun 2011 by Juliet

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely bath toy, 1 Sep 2010
G. Woolley (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
I bought this for my sons 2nd birthday this weekend and i think its a lovely bath toy and he enjoys it. It plays different tunes and makes different noises. There are four different buttons to press on the legs and each of the little animals that come with it do different things. Only downside is that the music is very quiet as the speaker is underneath so goes under water but apart from that i'm glad i bought it.

2.0 out of 5 stars A toy for the bath but don't put it under the water!, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)

However, the next time we came back to this the turtle it would turn on but had no sound. We changed the battery, nothing. We can only presume the water got into the turtle (gaps above the goggles) where the sound comes out and stopped it working. A bit pointless for a bath toy!

We contacted Amazon who replaced the product no problem, they were great about it.

So far it works but as the turtle stopped talking to her last time she no longer plays with it in the bath but out of the bath. Have yet to see if it works when wet again. Might just test in myself.

I don't know if its a design fault or its a one off or if we will ever find out but I am for one a bit wary now of buying a toy for the bath that operates on batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars dorotka_wwl, 28 Aug 2010
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
funny sounds, great activity toy but when water gets to a speaker very poor sound

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy but remember to switch it off when your finished!, 13 April 2013
James Lever (Brighton & Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
This toy is quite fun, its very chirpy and encourages children to play. (Come, let's play in the water, With our friends, splash around, Come, let's play in the water ,We'll have fun! ). The accompanied smaller bath toys are just plastic water toys - the purple one squirts, the red one has two holes and the yellow something similar - quite fun to lift them out of the bath and play.

Each leg of the turtle plays a different song. The Turtle is quite loud before you put it in the water, but the moment it is submerged it doesn't properly drain away the water from the speaker, such that it is significantly quieter and muffled. I end up lifting it out shaking it and all is restored to normal.

This takes AA batteries which are reasonably easy to fit - the compartment screws in to stop it from being in contact with water - held with a rubber seal. To note; if you dont screw it in fully your batteries will get wet and likely corrode.

For me the batteries dont last that long. Which might relate to the fact the unit goes to sleep but doesn't actually switch off unless you specifically press the on/off button - Mine doesn't clearly show whether its on/off you'd image the red light might do that.

This leads me on to.. If left un-attended this toy sometimes fires up on its own (for me at 5am in the morning, scaring the bejesus out of me !). Surely it should power off !

Fun toy which makes bath time a bit more enjoyable, pretty good value, but could be slightly improved in parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!!, 27 May 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
I bought this for my little niece. She doesn't like taking baths (what kid does?!) but since she has her watery friends she wants to bath every day!! The only downside is that the toys get a little moldy after a while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 April 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
I found this product to be pointless! Once in the bath it sinks and you can't actually hear the music! The separate sea creatures that come with it are meant to set off the noises when they are put in the turtles belly but as the turtle does not float this doesn't work unless lifted out the bath! Not a very well thought out product at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
I brought this for my 22 month old niece she loves it. very colourful and fun for her to play with at bathtime. The product is child friendly and I would definately recommend this product. Great invention

4.0 out of 5 stars nice bath toy, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
This is a Christmas present for my son, it looks lots of fun and I'm sure he will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
Alot bigger than I thought great value for money would recommend to anyone my daughters gonna love this for xmas

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle (Baby Product)
provides many hours of fun in the bath tub my sons love this and they are always disappointed to get out the bath when they have been playing with this toy. makes bath time more fun and something you can join in with me and my kids play counting and colour games with it while they have their baths

VTech Baby Bath Friends Turtle