4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and a little dissapointed, but works well!
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by Karen H

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Dongle WiFi for TX-P42S30B plasma TV
This dongle served its purpose allowing wifi connection from my existing broadband modem/router to my new Panasonic TX-P42S30B plasma TV and enabling access to Panasonic's Veira Connect, which Panasonic describe as "the gateway to internet services unique to Panasonic."
Published on 8 Nov 2011 by Brian Seymour

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and a little dissapointed, but works well!, 15 Nov 2010
This review is from: Panasonic DY-WL10E-K Wi-Fi Dongle Facilitates Wireless LAN Capability (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Bought this to go with my new Panasonic Plasma TV. My local dealer quoted me £95 and a two month waiting list, so thank goodness for Amazon! Not sure why it is so expensive as other dongles are quite reasonable, but I was told the TV will only recognise the proper Panasonic one (not sure if that's true).I do not have Sky etc or Freesat, but I bought it so that I could surf the internet and stream things from my laptop, and most of all watch all the catch-up services on the TV, in all these I was rather dissapointed. The 'internet' you can access is in fact 'Viera Cast' which turns out to be a very limited set of 'channels' that you can view, many of which seemed to be German. The only one I really use is Youtube, there are no catch-up services (like BBCi-player), but hopefully they will follow at some point. The streaming from my laptop is also only photos and videos, not hugely useful, so I have ended up buying an HDMI cable to connect it properly and can at last watch all the catch-up services on the TV- it is annoying to have a cable trailing around though. The dongle itself is well made and fairly unobtrusive when plugged into the side of the TV and was easy to set up, but I had alot of trouble getting my windows7 laptop to stream to it and had to phone the Panasonic helpline(they also found it hard to sort and had to E-mail me a booklet of instructions)- so much for 'set up for windows7'!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Dongle WiFi for TX-P42S30B plasma TV, 8 Nov 2011
Connection into one of the TV USB points was simple, the function instructions and network link settings were well directed and the wifi link worked first time. That's the good news. Downside is the high price of a particularly low producion cost dongle even when buying from amazon. But even worse is the appallingly low number and general uselessness in a tv context of the Veira "internet services
unique to Panasonic." Only BBC i was available of all the main channel web sites. This high cost device for such limited reward impressed me only as a sales con. Nowhere does Panasonic in its TV operating instructions actually identify the web sites within its Veira internet services, adding to my impression of a galling sales con.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic dongle for Viera Cast, 31 Dec 2010
I used the dongle to connect a Panasonic TV and a Panasonic Blu-ray to the internet. It was fairly simple, if you have a little knowledge of setting up menus. Note. It connects the TV and Blu-ray to the internet, but this is currently limited to a small number of mainly German TV stations, twitter and you-tube, all within what is called "Viera Cast". BBCi-Player and ITV Player are not currently available via this internet link.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor content, not worth the money, 5 Jan 2011
Mr. M. J. Porterfield "Mattador" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This dongle does what it claims and connects to a wireless LAN however it is restricted to the Viera content which is very poor in the UK, other than the ability to connect to BBC iPlayer.

If Panasonic add content, this may be a viable accessory however I would not recommend it at the moment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Wireless Dongle, 14 Oct 2011
jbat66 (Margate, Kent) - See all my reviews
Recently purchased a Panasonic smart TV so I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of everything that the TV can offer. The dongle is alot cheaper than buying it from John Lewis where the TV came from. Plugged in the dongle and it was pretty straight forward to set up on the TV. Having this dongle connected to the internet does open up other facilities such as Facebook, Skype etc. but I was only interested in BBC I-Player. It works but because I live in a bad area for internet speeds, the picture from I-player was very stop / start and not really worth watching. There are other programs to select which some people may find interesting if they are fed up with watching paint drying. But overall the internet speed is the real key with this piece of equipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off get the netgear rangemaster, 5 Oct 2011
I was tempted to get this for my new tv but at that price no thanks. Get the netgear rangemaster dongle, which you can get from £[] on amazon. It plugged in and worked instantly, also came with a usb extender cable so its not sticking out of the side of the tv- But the only thing on it worth bothering with is BBC iPlayer which works great. Don't waste your money on this official dongle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DY-WL10E-K Wi-Fi Dongle Facilitates Wireless LAN Capability, 27 Oct 2010
I bought this device to add to the capabilities of my internet capable TV. It was easy to set up using the TV operating manual,the instructions were very clear and connection to the internet worked first time. I must admit I was suprised when both of my computers connected to the TV as well. I am completly satisfied with the device although it is very expensive.

DF Parlone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Jan 2012
I have never felt the need to leave feedback, but I was so pleased with this product. I ordered it Weds and it arrived Thursday morning and I was watching
BBC I Player 10 Minutes later. Really Easy to set up, Plug In Dongle, Menu, Network, Search for Available Networks, found router, entered router wireless password key, tested connection and that was it. Thanks for the prompt service from amazon too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic should be ashamed., 27 April 2011
Ok so it does the job perfectly, but; Way Way over priced, the usb connectors on the TV are too close together for this dongle so its a bad design on both the TV and dongle (It slightly overlaps the other port). The USB position is such that the dongle also sticks out at the side of the Tv (bad design again). A USB extension lead is provided by Panasonic (to allow access to the other USB port), but its quite short and again its only there to resolve a bad design issue. If you need one of these it works fine but it could have been built into the TV at very low cost. This product smacks of greed by Panasonic and if you can find a good alternative then I would suggest you consider it as a better option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought it would be, 4 Aug 2010
P. Meads (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to offset the cost of buying a DVD recorder now that I player is on freesat. I have been surprised by the quality and stability of the I player platform via this dongle and would recommend this gadget even though it is limited to I player a the minute. Worked straight out the box.