Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 September 2011
who said eminem was the best white rapper out there? well they was wrong! ive been listening to hip hop for 20 years, ive seen rappers come and go over the years some stayed at the top while others stuggled to get there. 90 percent of rappers never make it, why? because they dont have "IT" this rapper diabolic "DOES" its not just his voice or his rhyme flow that stand out its his "WORDS" diabolic knows how to write good rap songs, most rappers now days dont have that kind of talent they would rather put beats and funky tunes together and sacrifice the lyrics just to make some money, which in my opinion is destroying hip hop!! at least this rapper diabolic takes the time and concentrates on writing good rap music. best tracks on the album are "frontlines" most people wont really know what hes really rapping about on this track its probobly the opposit to what you think it is!!? another good track is "truth part 2" this song speaks for its self unless you are a sheep? also "i dont wanna rhyme" class track "riot" "reasons" and "stand by" also good tracks the album overall is good quality for your money. buy this album if you are a true rap fan. highly recommended.
on 25 May 2010
Like most people I heard Diabolic vis the hidden track on Revolutionary Vol. 1. For me this was back in 2002 and I remember thinking "christ who's this guy?" I did some google searching and could only find a few poor video quality battles he's been in and no album. 8 years and some pretty nice mixtapes later Liar and a Thief drops and was it worth the wait? In short....... no.

Diabolic raps through the usual themes on this album violence, drugs and women and mixes it with paranoid, political conspiracy theories. The problem is that these subjects seem to spill out of every track and flood the next and so what your left with is an album lacking continuity.

To be fair to Diabolic he goes about the 'usual subjects' better than most with brilliant wordplay, flow and multisyllabic rhymes but I can't help but think he is better than all of this.

When Diabolic spits consciously he covers topics which now seem outdated and old hat. Back in 02 when Immortal Technique released Rev. 2 is sounded refreshing to hear post 9/11 political ramberlings through hip hop. 8 years on you can't help but think that what Diabolic is saying has already been said by other artists, books, films, websites and magazines.

the best songs on the album occur when Diabolic strays from the narrow path he has laid for himself. 'I dont wanna rhyme,' a track about the music industry and the underground is Diabolic at his best, sure other rappers harp on about the commercial aspects in the genre but their is something refreshing about the song. 'shots' is a funny song about drinking in a bar and on 'behind bars' Diabolic gets personal.

Their are guest spots on here, Immortal Technique has a strong verse with probably my favorite line off the album about diabetics (i wont spoil it by posting it) and everybody's favorite Catholic beater Vinny Paz has a particuularly strong verse. Cannibus however is horrible and ruins an otherwise great song. The track Riot is good enough until the heavily rock influenced hook, further evidence if you needed it that rock/rap hardly ever works.

If I was judging the album on lyrics I would of given it 4/5

Beats wise the album is handled by Engineer. I only found out about this guy from the Rhyme Asylum aalbum. On that album his beats are much stronger and are better than any on here. I wouldn't say their was a bad beat on the album but their isn't an amazing one either. Their is enough variation through the tunes, other than, in my opinion the drum programming. I love Boom Bap but this seems to get a bit monotonous.

Overall its the beats that make me get a little bored with this album. I think that some of Diabolics lyrics are out of date and have been done before. If this had been released a few years ago with a little more varied production it would have been a 5 star release.

Saying all that I would not deter anyone from buying this as this is only my opinion and I can imagine the new wave of hip hop fans loving it and giving Bolic somewhat cult status. My biggest grip would be that he could have prooduced something better with the talent he has.
on 19 August 2015
dont find hip hop as raw and heavy as this
on 16 February 2015
Fast delivery! great album thanks.