5.0 out of 5 stars Recorder with everything!
I cannot rate this product too highly, I set it up for a friend of mine who's VHS had broken, she wanted something that would record from the television, watch DVD's and still be able to watch her VHS tapes. With this she can record straight to the hard drive or blank DVD or a VHS tape. I was so impressed with this product that I brought myself one. It is a breeze to set...
Published on 15 Aug 2010 by dotty

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Formula one fans
Well constructed machine with excellent quality playback. The only problem I have encountered is with the guide facility. Having set it up to record various formula 1 practices and races it has consistently failed to record the events. the only way to spur it into action is to leave it turned on rather than in standby. In standy it will start at random during the program...
Published on 20 Sep 2010 by Peter Welham

4.0 out of 5 stars HDD/DVD/VHS Recorder, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: Panasonic DMR-EX99VEBK 250GB HDD DVD/VHS Recorder with Freeview+ (Electronics)
Prompt delivery. Excellent Freeview and HDD recorder. Sorry, but haven't got around to utilising DVD/VHS functions yet,but will do and expect quality results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Godd, but...., 22 April 2010
I bought the predcessor model - DMR-EX95VEBS, a couple of years ago and initially was very pleased with it, albeit the menu's took some getting used to. After a year or so, the DVD drive started to make some noise during recording and last week it stopped working completely - it won't record or play.
I have yet to get a quote for its repair but have seen on other reviews that the parts from Panasonic could be so expensive as to make it uneconomic to repair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and rubbish, 26 Feb 2013
Considering how much this recorder was. The quality of the product was rubbish. I had to purchase an aerial booster and another TV aerial to obtain all the programmes to be able to video, which was not apparent in the review of the product. I had to telephone the help line a number of times to establish that a booster might be the answer to only receiving half of the possible programmes.
On videoing the quality of the picture was poor and was shaking so much it made my eyes go "funny"
No way will I purchase another panasonic electronic machine.
It has cost me extra for the booster, extra TV aerial and at least a 5 in phone calls.
Needless to say the machine has been returned today.

1.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMR-EX99VEBK 250GB HDD DVD/VHS Recorder with Freeview, 2 Dec 2010
Prompt delivery. The recorder failed to work and was returned. Amazon's return system worked well with no problems getting a refund as there were no others available. DFP

4.0 out of 5 stars delivery under 24hrs-amazing., 4 April 2013
now just getting used to this new technology & searching the 'hand set' for easier access when ejecting tapes,
(this eject button is accessed on the front of the machine) but being disabled & elderly does make this move
more difficult for us. Tried the method that was suggested in the Instruction book means holding on to 2 buttons
on your hand set which didn't work for me. Tape didn't eject until I pressed the button on the front of the machine.
Can anyone help us.??

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 11 Aug 2011
Before I say anything re the machine I am a bit worried that after months of saving and trying to work out which one to purchase, the day it is delivered and i'm halfway through setting up I read that Amazon are not supplying anymore due to a problem. I would like to know whether the person concerned didn't receive the model ordered or whether the model doesn't do what it should.

Now as an oldie I need a degree to get through the manual but I will in time LOL. I managed to link it to the tv and to a blu-ray player so quite pleased and recorded one programme ok last night. Have yet to sort out transferring videos etc but managed to play a video and dvd ok.

I couldn't set the clock automatically which I found strange but as recording was ok not too worried.

Not sure why when the recording started the tv screen flashed from ITV which I was watching to BBC which I was recording - is this normal?

3.0 out of 5 stars Recording possible only from digital TV signals, 5 April 2013
Wasnt aware that an analog TV signal cannot be received and recorded, only digital.
Upscaled to 1050p but not a HD machine.
Good recording possibilities between VHS, HDD abd DVD.