5.0 out of 5 stars Recording machine that can do almost anything
The VHS on my previous EZ45 wouldn't work - and there were various other repairs needed and the freeview stopped producing a good picture, so I decided to upgrade to this model.
It's basically the same model with UsB added - though I haven't explored everything yet. Like the older machine I can easily transfer VHS tapes to DVD and record from my camcorder via the...
Published on 3 Feb. 2011 by Groucho Marx

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMR-EZ49
Published on 5 Mar. 2011 by A.E from Rhyl

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - so easy to use, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview (Electronics)
This was purchased for my elderley Mother who is nearly 76 as she has many videos that she still wishes to be able to watch. The operation is so good and set up couldnt have been easier, I am a bit of a technophobe, but this was just plug it in and it pretty much does all the work.

My Mother is happy and able to use along side her sky tv - everyone is happy, hope this helps any would be purchasers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Video/DVD, 26 April 2011
Bought this item for my parents who do not have SKY or a recordable hard drive facility. Like all Panasonic items this is an excellent product, great value for money as it was on offer. It must be easy to use as my Dad can use it. The delivery of the product was easy to follow and it arrived in super fast time. I would have no problem in recommending this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMR-EZ49, 5 Mar. 2011
Bought this item mainly to transfer video to DVD. Does exactly that. Very easy to set up and simple to use. On principle I will not subscribe to SKY, so I use it as a Freeview recorder. However, it does not have dual tuner, nor can you watch another channel while recording another. Does not have a built in battery, so when the power is disconnected from standby, the clock settings etc are all lost. Digital TV recorder much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stan the Man, 17 Feb. 2012
The Panasonic combi recorder meets my approval, it has a wide range of functions, it has a really good handbook,(rare today as often they are very confusing and best left alone!) which if followed on a step by step basis provides the user with a simple but satisfactory conclusion.
The initial setting up is comparitively straightforward, taking into account that other equipment needed to be included during the process, the use of HDMI cable has certainly made things much easier for me.
I have been particualarly pleased by the reproduction of my own cam film, which I have successfully transfered from VHS format. But have yet to try direct from the camcorder.
The recording of TV channels is straightforward and pleasingly finds the begining of the required programme rather than having a range of other material to sift through first.
The options exceed my expectations, hopefully I will have many good years use from this impressive machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit, 1 Aug. 2012
Bought as a replacement for an older DVD/VCR Combi (different make) because the VCR drive had "died".
This Panasonic unit is an excellent piece of kit & very easy to use (the very large instruction manual looks a bit daunting at first, but is broken down into digestible sections & is very comprehensive - i.e. the kit is easier to use than the first impression from the manual). The picture quality, ease of recording, timer programming (the "TV Guide" method is a nice innovation), recording and dubbing are all very good.

Been using it (fairly heavily) for about 6 weeks now - no problems. It seems to be better quality than my older unit. The only (very slight) irritation is a low whine when playing a tape (not when playing DVDs).

Arrived well packed/protected and was easy to set up. I also liked the info in the specification on the Amazon site (pre-purchase); it covered virtually all my queries.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing , slow but ok, 27 May 2010
I am fairly good at setting up new equipment, but in the end had to pay a specialist engineer to set this up for me. The complication was that I had a sky box and the panasonic viera TV I have only has one scart socket. The instructions for setting up this combi recorder did not make allowance for the fact that my Viera TV has only one scart socket whereas the instructions for setting up the system if you have a SKY box assumed 2 scart sockets. In the end the engineer fixed it up with an HDMI cable which is fine, but the instructions were not good enough to alert folk like me to know this.

I also find the response to the commands of the remote when turning on are SLOW. This is because the recorder insists on saying HELLO and takes at least a minute to start up. So if you are watching TV and suddenly decide to record something direct from the TV I reckon there's about a minute delay before the action gets results. On the whole disappointing for the money it cost, but then there are very few reasonably priced combi VHS/DVD recorders out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMR-EZ49VEBK combi recorder, 25 Jan. 2012
I bough the Panasonic DMR-EZ49VEBK after having read reviews on it an similar combi recorders as it seemed that would be best for me given that my TV is also a Panasonic which has compatible technology. Setting up the unit was easy and the Freeview channels loaded without difficulty.
My first attempt at recording was a failure but that was my fault since I had not selected the AV channel required. When I had a second try it worked out fine and I have used used +R and +RW discs without problem. Using the unit has been to transfer VHS to DVD so far and has worked a treat. Tape in, Disc in, push button and that's it. Follow on screen instructions when they appear and as they say "Bob's your uncle...."
Update:
Since submitting my review I have discovered something which was a pleasant surprise. I was recording a programe directly from the tv and when I reviewed it afterwards found that the adverts had been omitted from the recording. All I can say is "hooray" and how I wish I could omit all adverts every other time.

4.0 out of 5 stars quite pleased, 31 Dec. 2010
just bought this recorder and although i am ok with scart leads etc found it quite easy to follow the books instructions but because i have a sky box also this recorder does not recognise sky channels. but having said that you can record straight from the tv.
i bought it to record videos to dvd and this seems to do the job perfectly

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, bad manual, 9 Feb. 2012
Sam (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace my broken VHS player.

Encountered a problem not covered in the manual - I could not record when my TV was off. A brilliant Panasonic call centre employee helped me solve this mystery in minutes - it involved pressing 'input select' on the remote in order to choose AV2, a step I can't find mentioned in the recording instructions in the manual, unless it's hidden in the jargon. This was necessary because I wanted to record from a satellite receiver, not the Freeview. I'm not very tech-savvy but I don't usually have a problem following a manual to set up home electrical products. The email box on the website doesn't seem to get a response, so phone them if you have problems.

I'm happy with the item, and with their call centre, but the manual could be improved - technical terms and acronyms are not explained, the layout is cramped, and I had to phone for help to rectify a simple problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine but poor delivery, 17 April 2012
Mr. Leonard J. Newnham (Farnborough. England) - See all my reviews
I am hoping that this machine will last longer than the previous model that it replaces. It has plenty of additional features and it is quite easy to operate. It looks good being in black and now matches all of the equipment that I have. Although it has built in freeview I doubt that I will use this facility as the main TV also has this. I am hoping for a reliable machine it is has a hard start to its life due to the inefficiency of the delivery company used by Amazon although I attach no blame to Amazon for the incident. The delivery company dropped it over a 7ft high gate/fence where it remained for over 24 hours in an outer box that had split due to impact on landing. There was no card to say it had been 'put' behind the gate as due to the style of house is not visible from any part of the house except down the path at the side. Amazons delivey date passed and on the second day I checked the website which stated that it had been left in the porch. I telephoned the courier who when questioned about the fact that I had no porch then said it was behind the gate. Which it was as stated above. I immediately telephoned Amazon who to their credit were apologetic and offered compensation, which I did not want. I only hope that Amazon has taken the delivery company HDML to task. I waited to the following day to turn machine on to allow for it being out in the open for over 24 hours. IT WORKED - and still is. Clearly the impact of the fall has not had an instant effect I only hope that as I said to Amazon there is no internal damage that may occur later. Fingers crossed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›