• Fever

Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£4.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 28 November 2010
People criticise this album and awful lot, saying that the lyrics are not very good and it's not like old Bullet.
Personally, I think it is fantastic.
So what if it's not like old Bullet? It's new Bullet and you can't beat a bit of change.
And as for the lyrics, there is nothing wrong with them. You sit down and try and write a great set of lyrics.
So if you are just discovering Bullet, buy this album and you will not be disappointed.
on 22 October 2010
I could write pages of reviews for this Album, but I will do it in as few words as possible. It starts with a blinding metal anthem called Your Betrayal and powers thru Fever and The Last Fight with such ferocity that it leaves you short of breath and that only the first 3 tracks. This is a Titan of a rock album and deserves all the plaudits it has recieved. This will become as much of a Rock Standard as "Back In Black" If you dont buy any other rock album this year buy this one. Even though I'm a rocker in my 50's I would recommend this to all true rock fans( and they are British). So dont delay buy it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 16 February 2013
Being a rock music fan i was trying to explore a wider range of geners. And one genre i was intrested in hearing more of was hard rock/ metal. Had never heard bfmv and only rarley heard the odd metal song i didnt know what to expect. Your Betrayel kicks of with the unison drums base and guitar work, which on a good hifi turned up loud sounded very appealing. the song its self is not a bad song, but not one that you could have on reply. 2 minutes into the song was enough and then you've heard it all.
Fever, the next track is to me the best hard rock song on the whole album. It kicks off with the guitar riff and then the unison work again. the chourus is really great and has a really good bridge as well. a very strong song in all.
The Last Fight is also a really goof song, again a really good chourus and some good guitar work.
Now to the best song on the album... a place where we belong is the best song on the album. it has very powerful lyrics and is really though provoking.
The album goes along the same, the other stand out track being dignity, it is the hardest track on the album dare i say and is a very strong track.

Overall this album is very good and has given me a taste of how metal is. I will be looking forward to hear more of bfmv. A very goodd album, highly recomended.
on 28 July 2010
fever seems to have come under alot of criticism for being 'too soft' etc. this is not true at all. it sounds like just because there are a couple of slower songs on here; 'a place where you belong' and 'bittersweet memories' coming to mind, it has been slated.

this album is domintaed by heavier tracks and whilst there may be less screaming than their debut album 'the poison', there is still plenty of signature bullet screams to be heard here and it doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the album.

as mentioned earlier this album has a mix of heavier and slower tracks alike, but what bullet album hasn't? people who slate this need to look back at the poison and remember that it has it's share of softer tracks aswell; all these things i hate, the end, anyone?

my favourite tracks on this are the last fight, begging for mercy, a place where you belong and pretty on the outside. the only weaker one i would say is it's title track 'fever'. while it's a good song the lyrics are admitedly terrible in parts, mainly at the breakdown towards the end. other than that this album is at least as good as their previous efforts and would recommend it to bullet fans or anyone who enjoys metal.
on 30 May 2010
OK let's cut to the chase here

Fever is Bullet's 3rd Studio Album, and yes, it does sound more like they're moving away from the heavy screaming vocals and equally heavy riffs of The Poison (to apparently become more mainstream), but I actually prefer this to The Poison

On The Poison, there's a lot more screaming, whereas on Fever, it's more controlled screaming, which seems to deliver more emotion. Also, it makes the song easier to understand and follow, which again helps me to visualise the song meaning a lot more

Also, what I've taken into account is that bands change over time. You only have to look at Linkin Park, at Trivium, even at Metallica to know that. I think Matt's voice is becoming increasingly strained, and I think he doesn't feel as much anger/despair any more. Of course, I am not in Mr. Tuck's inner circle, so wouldn't know that for sure, it is just my theory

All in all, I'd give this album an 8 out of 10. I like the general feel of it, however I believe there are some tracks on the album that could be much better than they are

Notable tracks: Your Betrayal, Fever, The Last Fight, Begging for Mercy, Pleasure and Pain
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
....This collection of songs begin to sink in properly, the first time I played "Fever" I was a little bemused, The production was spot on but the songs didn't do it for me, that was until about 5/6 times of listening to it all the way through. Then, the penny dropped and I stopped making comparisons to the first two albums.

Personally, I think the band have grown up, this is a very very good album indeed, actually it's better than that, everything works and there are about 5/6 really outstanding tracks, the remaining aren't too shabby either!! I love the guitar work, Matt and Padge really shine without over playing. The sound of Jay's bass thunders along very nicely, balancing between the drums and guitars, and Moose's drumming is again spot on delivering the goods in the drum dept.

I've always thought that the sign of a great album is when your favourite song on it keeps changing, this certainly happens with Fever, looking forward to seeing them at the end of the year and hope world domination for Bullet deservedly arrives soon!!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Album number 3 from the american market crushing quartet from wales.
The years have passed and matt tucker had said some odd things prior to the release of this album. I had read that he said he wasnt happy with 'scream, aim, fire' because he felt the band were trying to be something they werent, that being a metal band.This confused me and this album is certainly not pop but i guess it is more melodic in places than ever before and certainly a bit slower.
The fact remains though that this is a quality release and has really impressed me with each and every spin.
The one problem which on this seems to be more obvious than before is that tuckers lyrics are pigpuke, they arent good but i can let that slide because this is a memorable album,probably their best if im being honest.
Identity should be everything to a band,if this is the sound of the true bullet then im happy with that.
on 20 June 2010
I never really listened to Bullet for my Valentine until i heard 'The Last Fight' i was impressed and i was looking around HMV and this caught my eye and i thought to myself lets try something different. And then i heard the opening track ' Your Betrayal' and i listened to the whole album and i was speechless. This is the best modern metal band around and so far 2010 has been probably been the best year for Rock & Metal in the last decade. This album has everything i want heavy guitar pounding drums and proper powerhouse vocals which this album has in one. i have had this album for a two days and yes it has made a big impact on me.

The Last Fight
Alone
Your Betrayal
Bitter Sweet memory's
Pretty on the Outside

Are amazing and i am really impressed after two days a new Bullet for my Valentine fan and will be for a long long time.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 10 March 2010
Well lets go back to the early days for Bullet. The Bullet For My Valentine Ep was out, I was one of the first in the cue to buy the disk, From then forth you could tell that this was a band with a lot of potential, Then 6 years later out came The Poison the disk was the key to any metal heads dream, then the live at London DVD came out, that was very good. Then just 2 years after live in London, Scream, Aim, Fire came out it was more relaxed and better screamo music then on xbox live market came Bullet For My Valentine - Scream, Aim Fire Live, i Bought it for the 1200 point, it was the best show ever!

Fever

This album has taken Bullet For My Valentine 1 year to write and produce, every track is made to musical perfection. I love this band and this album. I can't wait to see them live at download, this is a must buy album!
on 22 June 2010
The best rock album i have heard in a while. Every song is addictive. It has the slow paced songs lke 'A place where you belong' that replicate 'Tears Don't Fall' from The Poison and 'Hearts burst into fire' from Scream Aim Fire It also has a range of heavy songs that create anthems when watching them live, such as 'the last fight' and 'your betrayal' Overall i love this album! If you are already a bullet fan, you will feel like the new songs just fit with the old. Amazing album!!