4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Alice-themed compilation, 21 July 2010
R. M. Day (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Almost Alice (Audio CD)
OK, apart from Avril Lavigne's end-credits number, none of the tracks here feature in the film (how could they?) but this struck me as a much better compilation than most "inspired by" albums. At least many of the tracks have obvious Alice themes. The somewhat dismissive BBC review is clearly looking for something too meaningful - this CD is far more interested in having fun. So what if much of it is fairly lightweight bubblegum pop or typical soundtrack rock? I found it a wonderfully eclectic collection - stick it in your car and let it lighten your mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great album, 25 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Almost Alice (Audio CD)
I intially bought this for a friend, but i ended up listening to it before i gave it to her and i really enjoyed it!!! Thankfully i have put it on my itunes and since given the cd to my friend, so everybody wins yay!! She agrees that this is an amazing album and was very happy with her present so buy it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars CD is good, 1 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Almost Alice (Audio CD)
The CD is good. I bought it after watching the film, Alice in wonderland, as I quite like the song at the end of the film. But the case is a bit broken when I got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Almost Alice (Audio CD)
loved this C.D. rather then just being the movie soundtrack its a collection of great songs on Alice in Wonderland, its a great collection of alternative songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome CD, 3 July 2015
This review is from: Almost Alice (Audio CD)
Love this CD wish they used this soundtrack for the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars A first, 18 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Almost Alice (Audio CD)
In spite of the mass International appeal of Alice In Wonderland there has never been any CDs of actual Alice songs or Lewis Carroll related.There ARE plenty but no one thought of putting them all on one CD.Songs like Alice In Wonderland by Neil Sedaka,White Rabbit (many versions),or even The Lewis Carroll by the Thompson Twins.
So this one as a tie in with the movie is the next best thing but it depends on who's reviewing it as to how it rates.
I'm seeing mostly a heap of names I never heard of as I no longer keep up with today's rock music whatever.So this for what its worth is the only way I even know they exist.
I know the name Avril Lavigne who I took no notice of as she's a singer songwriter and has no fashion sense (though Pettipond has some good photos of her in dresses at some Award thing)
So reviews by rock critics are of no use to me-I just collect Alice In Wonderland stuff.I'm not bothered about what they think.
The review I can understand better is the one from the Lewis Carroll Review Journal which comes from a freelance music journalist rather than one from Rolling Stone or some music mag.
Its over 6 pages of very detailed info with many artists talking about how they came up with their song
Its easy enough to talk about "uninspired blandness" and other rock critic standbys but there's always more to it than that.Everyone involved was proud to be a part

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Almost Alice (Audio CD)
Great and in a great shape!

Almost Alice