on 14 September 2011
I ordered this because I needed a large monitor to plug into my laptop (eyesight is not so good!). This monitor was incredibly easy to set up and provides a beautiful, vivid and bright image, better than I had expected. Initially I used the supplied VGA cable and was happy with the image. But I have just changed to a DVI cable and that makes an incredible difference. Well worth getting if you have a DVI output on your computer. I can't imagine what HD looks like!

The software that comes with it is all right. It is useful to install the correct video drivers rather than rely on the generic ones in your operating system and the magic tune utility makes changing the settings a bit easier than the hardware installed menu you navigate through on the monitor.

No gripes, only joy!
on 17 April 2012
This monitor gives a superb sharp image and is excellent value for the price.I can highly recommend Samsung monitors
and if you are thinking of buying the cheapest pay a bit more as you won't regret it.This seller was fast and efficient thank you.
on 29 September 2011
I have tried everything to get this to work with my Windows 7 64bit, but alas it has to go back it really is a nice looking monitor but it has done my head in trying to set it up so it has to go unfortunately, unless someone has any ideas I have downloaded drivers but still no luck. Perhaps unfairly I have only given this 3 stars, I like Samsung products but this has me beaten.
on 11 October 2010
I can't recommend this enough. Picture quality is bang on, the ports (including the all important HDMI) are all in sensible places and it was plug and play, zero messing about.

If I had to pick a fault, the stand is a bit stiff, and it's thin enough that I'm wary about being too rough with it. Might get better in time though.

For the price you really cant go wrong.
on 17 October 2010
I bought this to replace an ageing but excellent Sony 17" What to go for? They are all wide screen monitors these days, presumably because it is assumed they are bought by people playing HD games. But what about 'normal' computing tasks on a wide screen? As it turns out it really is plug and play. One concern was that, as my PC is fairly old, that it might not have the old analogue VGA connection. Well it does and it's difficult to believe the image could be even better with the digital input (VGA cable is in the box, but not digital ones))

I do mainly photo editing and the ability to pick up detail in deep shadows seems to be far superior to the old Sony.

PROS:
Even on analogue the image is superb, much better than I anticipated, especially at this price.
Setup very easy.
3 year pick up and collect warranty

CONS
The shiny black plastic is naff and cheap looking though the quality seems fine
The buttons are touch sensitive and fine to use when the monitor is off. When it's on you can't really see them due to the screen brightness!
A cd is supplied which is completely unneccesary in my view. Would you really want to set up your monitor to give a tinted monochrome image? Not really!
22 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2012
First off, it works great, and have had no problems with it in over a year.
It has a menu panel at the bottom which is touch sensitive - a little strange, but no problem.

The only bad side is when not in use: On returning standby the monitor takes several seconds scanning the different inputs to see what is transmitting, and takes longer to detect than I'd prefer. On standby mode, there is a VERY bright blue flashing light that is really annoying.
on 12 January 2012
I got the Xbox S back in September 2010 and needed a 1920x1080 monitor, and I didn't have a lot of money so after a lot of searching I got this. Had this for over a year now and it's still working perfectly. It doesn't have in-built speakers but that isn't a problem as I use the audio out jack on the back to output the audio through my hi-fi.

The picture quality is perfect to me, no problems with it. I now use it with a recently bought PC and it's perfect for that too.

Pros:
- Picture quality
- Build quality

Cons:
- You can't tilt it
- The buttons under the logo aren't lit up so you can't see them in the dark unless you shine something on them, which is rather annoying

The cons are only minor for me so I'm still glad I bought it. Recommended!
on 18 August 2010
I'd been looking around for a new monitor and boiled it down to either this one, or the LG one that's available for a similar price.

Basically, I was looking for the best specs to price ratio.

In the end I purchased this one due to its better image contrast ratio, but I have to admit that I was almost put off by the previous reviewer with the ATI card problems.

Also, the monitor's large base is good and steady when repositioning (contrary to another reviewer's opinion).

I'm using the monitor with a GeForce card and Nvidia drivers. I've had no problems at all. I just plugged in the monitor and I was up and running. I'm also using a single DVI-D monitor connection.

Without a doubt this monitor is the best I've ever owned. It's stylish to look at and the display is, to be honest, the best I think I've ever seen. Colour, clarity and sharpness of image are absolutely outstanding. It's brill for games too :-) (No lag)

When watching movies or trailers in 1080p resolution (true HD), the monitor really will blow your socks off.

The included MagicTune software allows you to adjust every element of the monitor's display with ease - just install the software once and all the additional features are then available from the menu button on the front of the monitor. You'll be able to adjust viewing angles, etc.

So there you have it. I just wanted to add another review here as there are so few.

In a nutshell, you should buy this monitor without hesitation.
1010 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2011
The B2230H does what it says on the packet. Although it doesn't come with an HDMI cable, until you get one, you can always enjoy the luxuries of a DVI (included).

The 1920 x 1080 resolution is amazing. I've never had a monitor which could do this and games look whoppa in it!!! Especially with an HD GFX card - the two were meant to go together!

From the review so far, you must see that I am quite pleased with the monitor.

On Windows 7, you'll have to change the DPI setting to 150% or at least 125%, as 100% (normal) is pretty much illegible on 1920 x 1080 settings.

I hope this gives you an easy choice as to what monitor you are going to buy.
on 10 May 2011
I bought this monitor as a replacement as I wanted to have a bigger screen to do my web design on and I am very impressed with it. The quality I great and I chose it because I already had a Samsung TV so knew the brand fairly well.

I found connecting it easy and was amazed with the clearness of the picture (using Digital connection for main computer as I have the Analog for connecting my netbook.)

I will continue buying Samsung products and I think the price was just right for the item. Well done!