5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sauces

Published on 16 Jun 2011 by Bluebell

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality saucepan? Review revised, 16 Jun 2011
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Non-Stick Milk Pan, 14 cm (Kitchen & Home)
This pan is oozes quality from its heavy weight to the stout stainless steel handle that stays cool. I like it having two spouts as I sometimes want to hold it in my right hand as I use a spatula to scrape put the contents but at other times just pour out liquid using my right hand. It's stable when sitting on a burner and can be used on an induction hob. The thick base means it has less tendency to scorch a flour-based sauce.

Update July 2012: I wrote the above review too soon! Subsequently I have had three of the pans fail after less than a year's use. Every time it has been the non- stick surface peeling away from the pouring lip. Very disappointing as I really liked the pan, but obviously there's some technical fault with the bonding of the non-stick coating to the metal base. The problem extends to other pans in the range as I had the same problem with a Le Creuset 3-ply Stainless Steel Chefs Non-Stick Pans with Lids 20cm - 96201420001300

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor item, 13 July 2012
The item is hopeless. The Teflon bubbles and peels away from the item. It feels good quality but is very poor. Don't waste your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly poor quality, 8 May 2012
I've had two of these and on both, the teflon has peeled away from the rim. With the first one, Le Creuset admitted there was a fault with that batch, and they sent me another one for free. I only ever used this pan to make my daughter's porridge in the morning, never put it in the dishwasher and never used a scouring brush.

Le Creuset, great customer service, poor quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pan has fundamental flaw, 24 Nov 2012
Like other reviewers I bought this product for its quality but the non stick coating failed in a few months. It was replaced but the replacement one has now failed too. Steer clear

1.0 out of 5 stars unsatisfactory, 6 Sep 2013
E. F. Snell - See all my reviews
I purchased this milk pan in March 2011. Like others purchased because of name and quality. At the time I paid 51 and assumed that as stated it had a life time guarantee.
As one of the other reviews. The black non-stick coating has started to peel off all around the rim.
I have not put it in the dishwasher, always used a wooden spoon, not even put it in the oven although it says it is ovenproof.
Amazon didn't want to know about the life time guarantee.
Not happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sauces, 7 Feb 2011
Penelope Denny (East Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
I had bought one for my son-in-law, who has everything Le Creuset, and realised how useful it was so bought one for myself. I needed a pan that worked on an induction hob. Presumably it is very good as a milk pan, but I find it excellent for making sauces quicker and easier than ever before. With its heavy base and non-stick interior, a sauce can be made then brought to a high temperature if needed without sticking on the bottom. So easy to wash afterwards too.

1.0 out of 5 stars yup....the non-stick came off!, 7 April 2014
I had the same problem with all my Le Creuset pans which are silver on the outside with a non-stick inner layer. I took the fry pans back to Selfridges and the kitchen staff there said it was a well known issue with this design....they refunded no questions asked.

How do I return this one to Amazon? They say the returns period expired.

1.0 out of 5 stars The non stick came off, 20 Jan 2014
I had mine for 2 years and the non stick is useless now, I have always been very careful with cooking and handling ie treating it like an old fashioned and delicate non stick. It is however now in a terrible condition. I wrote to le creuset and am getting a replacement as it was guaranteed for life. I will again treat the new pan carefully and hope it lasts but thank you to all the reviewers, I almost threw it out

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 15 Dec 2013
The non stick coating has peeled away. Very poor quality. This happened quite soon after I purchased it. I need to find out how to complain!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pan no 4, 13 Feb 2013
M. G. Penfold (Stirling UK) - See all my reviews
We are now on our fourt pan, each one being exchanged at no cost by Le-Crueset. I really can't fault their customer service as they have never asked for proof of purchase and the first one was replaced by post after sending photographs of the none stick surface peeling off the pan.

I suppose I can look on the bright side I know I will be getting a new milk pan every couple of years.