5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Investment
Given the price I honestly was not expecting such a loud and well made alarm! This motion sensor PIR alarm's pricing does not reflect the true quality of the unit. You really get a lot for the money.
The alarm main housing is 12.2cm tall, 9cm wide and 5cm deep, and is made of good quality, sturdy plastics.

○ The main housing can be powered by 4 AA...
Published 12 months ago by Antoine Camilleri

1.0 out of 5 stars "Totally useless as supplied by seller
1 out of 5:
Published 4 months ago by Mr. J. A. Bentley

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Investment, 24 Feb. 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Motion Sensor Alarm/ Home/ Garage/ Shed/ Extra Remote (Misc.)

○ The main housing can be powered by 4 AA batteries or even a mains adapter thanks to a DC supply input on the side. (The Mains adapter and AA batteries not supplied)
○ Both remote controllers are supplied with LR44 batteries.

I have yet to change the batteries thanks to the efficient way the unit operates on standby.

-----------------------------------------------
My unit did not come with any instructions, so I will briefly explain how the unit works. Operation is easy and intuitive:
First of all, you will need to remove a small tab located on the back of the remote controller. The tab isolates the 3 LR44 batteries mounted in the remote, thus avoiding battery drain during transit.
To activate the alarm, momentarily press the button on the remote (remote only has one pushbutton). A green LED comes on (on the alarm housing) and a beep sounds indicating that the alarm has been activated. After a few seconds the green LED light goes off thus saving power.
As soon as motion is detected a red LED flashes for around 5 seconds prior to triggering the powerful alarm. This gives you time to switch off the alarm using the remote. Package comes with 2 remote controls, so the other one can be given to another user.
------------------------------------------------

The supplied bracket means that the alarm can be mounted high, yet bear in mind that if using batteries you would need to have access to the unit. The batteries will last for a long time (mine has been mounted for over a 3 months, testing the unit once a day by triggering the alarm for around 30 seconds and I have not changed the batteries as yet)

I have tested the remote at over 30 feet line of sight, and it works great. I am confident it can go much further.

This motion sensor alarm has really exceeded my expectations, and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a cheap yet reliable solution.
P.S. Keep in mind that this is no substitute for a professional grade alarm system, yet it is much better than having no alarm at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bit of kit, 1 July 2012
Cheap but howls like a banshee. You do not want to be near this when it activates, I did just to see what it was like. Once again, dont let it activate without having the remote with you to silence it! We got this for our shed, about 100ft down the bottom of the garden. You can hear it indoors, which was not the real idea, rather to scare off an intruder, but obviously that is a bonus.
Comes with batteries in the two remotes, but you need 4 AA batteries.

All as advertised, good selleer, would do business again.Motion Sensor Alarm/ Home/ Garage/ Shed/ Extra Remote

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good little alarm, 18 July 2012
We had our shed raided earlier in the year and wish I had got something like this before hand - heyho after the horse has bolted and all that.... but this is really easy to set up and use - it's very loud - you need 4 AA batteries for it but none for the fobs. I also bought one for the garage. So cheap so Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy alarm, 21 April 2012
Mr. R. Cross - See all my reviews
Got this for my shed. Just pop the batteries in main unit and away you go. I stood the unit on the window ledge opposite the door temporarily, armed it and shut the door. As soon as I opened the door, the red warning LED lights up and then a few secs later a nice loud alarm goes off. Works great. Just hope it can stand it out there through the winter. I love easy soloutions!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 26 April 2014
At first I thought it looked cheap and nasty and really didn't expect it to work properly, if at all! However, after being installed in my shed for 6 months, it appears to be working perfectly and has the benefit of being able to run off the mains with an adapter so I don't have to worry about replacing batteries. Having 2 fobs is very handy as well. The siren is quite adequate as a deterrent for the price paid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shed alarm, 19 Jan. 2014
I have an allotment and have suffered from a brake in. So I got this alarm.

For the money its pretty good. It's pretty loud, although perhaps only the thieves would hear it in the remote location of the shed. However, if thats enough to get them on their toes, then great.

My only gripe is that you screw the mount into the wall which is fine, but then you attached the alarm to it. Thus its not very secure and they could easily grab it and take the batteries out. I only make comment to this because someone else on the allotment had the same problem, although they just stole his alarm! While I am not sure how you could really secure it permanently, I will drop it one star for this.

I would recommend, its a good little item. It's still working 6 months on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shed Alarm, 5 Feb. 2014
Yes very pleased with my new shed Alarm , my shed Alarm does a Excellent job letting us know when it goes off very loud to , strongly recommend to my family and friends well worth the money ,

1.0 out of 5 stars "Totally useless as supplied by seller, 20 Oct. 2014
1 out of 5:
"Totally useless as supplied by seller, A packet opened, B paper-clip seal missing, C batteries old swollen out of their case and flat. D no instructions. Perhaps this seller ( From WELA) is entering the ratings for worst seller of the month, in which case they are a clear winner. So I had to go out and buy 6 new batteries for the remote controls to make the unit work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensor Alarm., 9 Jan. 2014
These are a great little alarm, I have already bought one before,and have it working in my hiouse, I use an electric adapter
as this saves batteries,would recommend these alarms for garage,sheds and in the home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alarm system, 20 Feb. 2014
Excellent alarm system for a small house. Why pay hundreds of pounds when you can get one for under a tenner.