on 5 January 2012
Yes, on receiving this I did read the instructions however it was not as clear as I had hoped. I contacted the sender who cleared a few points that I was not sure of.

Then I tried it and yes, it was amazing. If you expect any vibration, don't. You will feel some tingling under your feet if its set to high, when you get that setting right for you (everyone is different)you will then begin to feel the required action on your legs.

There are a number of settings / programs which I have not checked out yet but I will in time, however I do recommend you try this out.
on 3 July 2013
I am not sure yet about this item. I think it is quite expensive for what it does. I have not yet see the effect of this. I have to say when I use the pads for the body, the red wire is the only one works and not the white wire. Not sure if this suppose to do that.
I will update if there is any changes.
on 3 September 2011
This machine proved a great asset for my wife during her recovery from a serious operation and suffering badly swollen legs and ankles due to prolonged stay in bed,
I heartily recommend this machine.
on 6 May 2012
This massager is fine the only problem if you can call it that is you have to hold down the reset buttons to the required setting bending over to do this...... this massager could do with a remote control
on 12 July 2013
Had excellent service from this company, goods arrived 2days before there delivery time.
My husband and I are now using the machine, and we are both feeling the benefit.
Anyone with circulation problems this is the one for you, also very easy to use.
on 6 May 2013
I received the above item very promptly. Both my husband and I used it the first day. On the second day went to plug it in and there seemed to be something wrong with the connection so therefore couldn't use it. Decided it was best to return it and it is the first time I have had to return anything excellent returns service. Haven't ordered another one as it seemed very flimsy and worried that it will not work again
on 18 April 2012
bought this for my mother who suffer from several complains including arthritis, angina, poor circulation. this device as made a great difference to her wellbeing. the tens attachments are very easy to use and help ease her arthritic pains.
on 5 June 2011
Electro Flex. Circulation Reflexology Massager and TENS Booster

Nine years ago I had an operation for a Spinal injury. Although classed as successful, I was left with some Spinal Chord damage, 2 fused vertebrae and a removed rib, all affecting proper use of and feeling to my legs, although I can walk properly and unaided, albeit almost imperceptibly unsteadily. This is due to resulting neurological and circulatory reasons.

I felt a unit like this, therefore, allied to the various other maintenance treatments I follow weekly, would help, given its claims.

Delivery was quick & efficient and the price seems reasonable, compared to the competition.

Following its (small print) instructions and with the unit at full intensity, I must admit I was struggling to feel anything the first time. 3-4 days later, with 1 application daily, I began to feel tingling which, eventually became stronger, though not strong enough to reduce the full intensity setting on the unit. I expect to be doing so soon. Moistening the soles of your feet improves contact with the the foot plates and increases stimulation.

From an effectiveness point of view, therefore, my own findings are that it improves nerve sensitivity and functions. It is too early for me to judge it on circulation, though chances are that if it has a positive effect neurologically, then circulation improvement should, hopefully, follow. I would give it 4 out of 5 here.

From a functional point of view, the controls are rather flimsy and disappointing as, for example, it takes ages of depressing the Intensity to go from 0 to the maximum of 40. Similar problems exist with other buttons. Even cheap Alarm Clock adjustments speed up when you keep depressing their buttons. Some competitive units include a Remote Control which would have provided a solution by enabling the entering of the desired value. The Sole Massage Roller is also very flimsy and of hard plastic, rather than the more rubbery surface normally used. Finally, the footplates would be more suitable for women as they are much too small to properly accommodate foot sizes from 9 upwards. I would mark only 2 out of 5 here.

Overall, I found this to be a decent product that should help older people or people with some neurological and/or circulation difficulties, but I would not expect the improvement to be miraculous and the controls let it down. I would give it a combined 3 to 3.5 out of 5 for the above mentioned reasons.

Electro Flex. Circulation Reflexology Massager and TENS Booster
11 comment|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 March 2012
After operations on both legs while in the Army in the mid 80's I was left with nerve damage in the left leg and pain in both shins. 7 years of remedial therapy didn't make much difference and I was left with a life long condition. I use ibuprofen tablets and gel, Voltarol emugel and calf supports. Nothing really works more than 70% and even a short trip to the shops is painful.

I have tried many gadgets but held off from this one because of the cost. I decided to give it a go and I am totally won over. For the first time in years I have something that can help with the pain after I have been out walking. 20 minutes on program 8 really helps. I need to put it on maximum power as the nerve damage in the left leg means I don't feel it too much if it is less than maximum. It also illustrates to me how much difference having the damaged nerve makes, the stimulation only feels about 25% of what I feel in the right leg.

The unit is light and easily portable with the inbuilt handle. It is totally silent in use unlike some massager's I have tried.

I am very pleased with this and certainly for my condition it works very well.
on 24 May 2011
I bought this because I have trouble with my lower legs. I get pain and weakness. Since using this machine, I've noticed increased strength in my legs and ankles. I didn't buy it for the Tens pads etc, I only wanted it for my legs. While you're using it, you can feel the 'tapping' of the pulses as they hit your muscles. If you have the machine turned up high enough, you can even feel your muscles contracting. It's excellent. I have tried all ten options and had them all on at full power. You could put this at a lower strength and still benefit, but I really needed the intense setting.

My only gripe is that you have to sit for about a minute with your finger pressed on the setting button for how strong you want the pulses. Each time you switch the machine on, everything is at zero. You select your program then have to press the strength button until it's as high as you want it. There is no remote control for this, which would definitely help a lot.

I always have a pack of baby wipes handy, so I can wipe the bottom of each foot before using. It really helps to boost the sensitivity. If you do not have moisture on your feet, you wont feel much until the soles of your feet start to lightly sweat with the constant contact with the plastic foot plates. You have 25 minutes maximum each time, so you don't want to waste any time waiting to feel something. The instructions do say you should wet your feet, but baby wipes work really well. Also, if anyone else wants to use your machine, you're less likely to catch anything off them!!

At first, I wasn't sure what program I preferred, but you soon relax into the attitude that it's your machine for life, so you might as well randomly select any of them. They all do a great job. You will probably have your favourites. The frequencies are explained to you. The faster the frequency, the faster the 'tapping' or pulsing and there are different types of pulses. You will soon work out which one you enjoy most. For instance, I prefer one which taps quickly and intensely into my ankles at the back of my heels with only a second's rest before starting again. It also clenches my calf muscles. All the programs tap and clench, but in different ways.

You have to keep both feet on the foot plates, otherwise you wont feel anything. Electricity likes a closed circuit...and that is YOU!!

I've often used this for 25 minutes and then another 25 on another program. After the first session, the second is wildly intense, so not everyone would probably want to do this. However, it's really given me a renewed spring in my step.

I also suffer from restless legs. This helps with that too. It stops me wanting to run up and down the stairs all night!! Sometimes, I wake up in the night and think...my legs are at it again. Then I remember I haven't used my electroflex for a couple of days (usually, I use it every day). It really does tire your muscles out.

So, yes, it does work. It does send electronic pulses through your feet and into your legs...they even reach your knees and 'tap' around them too. No, it doesn't massage in the traditional sense of rubbing and rolling. It's all electricity and no movement...except, of course, from your own muscles...they really do move about!
44 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse