Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 27 January 2013
i needed this to combine a toslink digital optical cable to phono to phono rca cable. this links my tv to my hifi. it works perfectly. you get a little hissing noise if the tv isnt on but the hifi is, and its still tuned to receive tv. this is normal though ive been told
on 17 March 2013
Did the job whilst i was still using my old Stereo Setup, have since stored away as finally upgraded (Sony STR-DH820)

I did not experience any sort of buzzing nor humming noises whilst using this product.
on 26 December 2012
I used it to connect the music on my ipad to my (analogue) amplifier so I could listen to all my digital music in proper speakers. The music is beamed to the appletv via wireless and from the appletv (digital out) to the amplifier (analogue in). In between the two there goes the converter.

The converter is affordable and works well and I would recommend it to anyone trying to do the same: getting the spotify and/or itunes music in your living room! One caveat: if you are a sound freak you will notice that you will lose some quality. I am not sure if that is because of the converter, apple's airplay or spotify digital version but comparing a CD with the spotify song beamed via the ipad I could spot some small differences.

These differences are hard to spot and meaningless at low to mid volume so I give it 5 stars.
on 16 January 2013
It's took two minutes to set up. I have not experienced Any feedback noise from having this s part of the system and it links to my existing old amplifier and speakers via the analogue cable no problem. You will need to buy a toslink cable as this is not supplied.
Works well, v happy with it.
on 10 October 2014
I read some of the reviews before purchasing this product and all were positive. This is an absolutely brilliant piece of kit. If, like me, you have a good hi-fi and TV that does not have phono outputs this is the device to go for. Previously I had a mish mash of scart socket adaptors and switch boxes to get the sound from my various devices into my stereo. Now whatever is on my TV goes straight into my stereo via this device. Couldn't be simpler. Arrived within 2 days.
on 20 December 2012
For the price I paid you can't beat this dac. Two inputs and the sound quality that is very listenable. I use it with an Apple TV. It doesn't come with any cables so those will be needed in addition. Cheap and very cheerful!
on 20 January 2013
It works and solved a problem that I didn't realise could be solved - good quality and works 100% as per my expectations. delivered quickly on standard delivery. highly recommended, bought with Neet® - 1m - TOSlink Digital Optical Audio Cable - LightWave DT4 pro FLX lead - SPDIF - Precision Digital Audio.
on 13 November 2014
I bought one of these after reading the excellent reviews. A couple of reviews complained of a loose connection when using the digital optical port & found the jack would fall out if moved slightly. I too had this problem & thought maybe it was the reason why this excellent sounding DAC unit was so cheap. After thinking of a few ways of modifying the jack I decided that it would bug the hell out of me, if every time I adjusted my TV position, the distorted crackling removed the protective layer of my tolerance & forced me to introduce Mr hammer to Mr DAC of very little grip. So I returned the unit & was refunded the amount without any delay. I then looked for a DAC unit that could compete with the sound quality of the Neet DAC unit........No joy unless you want to spend a lot more money. So I re ordered the Neet DAC, now £5 cheaper, with the knowledge that I may have to adapt the unit. The DAC arrived a day early & to my surprise, NO LOOSE CONNECTION!! So if you are unlucky enough to get one with a fault.....send it back & get another.
on 12 May 2014
Needed to link an optical output to my old analogue amp. This converter works well and is excellent value, it comes with a power supply and cables. For my old amp the quality is fine, not sure it would be acceptable for a really high end amp, but for the average amp, recommended.
on 25 November 2013
Recent change in TV necessitated a new connection to my analogue amp.

This does just what is required. Sound quality seems absolutely fine. Only small issue as has been noted by John D in his review of Oct 2012 is that the peak output might be too quiet for some setups.

My new set-up now requires about a 50% increase in the volume setting at the amp to produce the same volume level at the speakers as my old set-up but I can go to the max without distortion . Could imagine this might just be material for some folks.