5.0 out of 5 stars A superb piece of kit
Published on 7 April 2011 by Nickoleye

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice device, shame about the audio sync.
Nice device, easy and quick to set up. Sadly unless you play your music via a specific app you cannot control the sync, it was a good 2 seconds out from my existing Airport Express units, resulting in very annoying echoes. Had to return it as this made it no good for my requirements.
Published 13 days ago by generic nickname

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb piece of kit, 7 April 2011
This review is from: Neet® DAC - Digital to Analogue Stereo Audio Converter - SPDIF - TOSlink / Coaxial to Stereo Left/Right RCA (Electronics)
Every now and then you find a product that exceeds your expectations, well my Amazonian friends, this is it. After buying a new apple tv, I was left with no option for digital audio play out through my old analogue stereo, until I bought one of these. Setup took no more than 2 minutes and it works a treat. Excellent product, I am really pleased with it. If you need to convert a digital signal to analogue, get one of these, you won't be disappointed!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars New life for an old hifi system., 1 Jan. 2015
My music setup is an unashamed combination of 20th and 21st century - my trusty old Rotel amp and Mission speakers still sound great and I'm loathe to part with them, but my entire music collection now exists in digital form and it rarely occurs to me to get a CD out of its box. I'd been relying on my Samsung TV to play back MP3s (and increasingly FLAC files) through the hifi system but wasn't happy with the clunky app and the fact that the TV always had to be on. The alternative of playing the music from my Cowon X7 through the amp was fine, but not exactly convenient.

Enter the Neet WiFi Music Receiver - a bit of technological witchcraft that simply plugs in and works beautifully.

Setup wasn't difficult - just know that you need to find the receiver using your Android or iOS settings first, to put in the password, before it can access the full wifi network and media servers. Once that's done, the receiver automatically shows up as a renderer option in the relevant media streamer app.

For a no-fuss approach I use Serviio on my pc as the media server and control playback with my Moto G running BubbleUpnp. It really couldn't be simpler. All my files, a mishmash of WMAs and MP3s of varying bitrates and a growing collection of FLACs, play perfectly. There's very little lag and I've experienced no drops or stutters. Volume can be controlled from the phone using its hardware buttons (saving me the effort of getting off the sofa to turn the amp's dial by hand...) For ease and convenience, this setup would be hard to beat.

I'm sure that there are far better DACs out there which would give an improvement in sound, but I have absolutely no complaints about the job this £33 marvel is doing. Classical music is clear and detailed, funk tracks are full and bass-y, vocals are warm without being mushy. When I first plugged the device in, I wasted nearly half a day just skipping around my music collection and grinning at everything I heard.

Prior to buying this I'd been on the point of ditching my old amp and tuner in favour of a new whistles and bells amp/receiver but was putting it off as I didn't want to spend a huge amount and wasn't convinced that anything in my price range would sound as good as the separates I already own. The Neet receiver has gjven me the best of both worlds for a budget price. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive - big return on investment!, 3 Jan. 2015
Paul (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I've been looking at Media Streamers/Servers for a while - and had set my sights somewhere around the £300-£400 mark when I discovered the Neet AirStream. I've recently purchased one of these and for the money I can highly recommend it.

Positives -
1. It's very inexpensive
2. It's tiny
3. It pretty much worked straightaway from iTunes on my Windows PC and also via my iPhone & iPad
4. It performs really well - the sound is better than expected
5. It supports MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A (but not FLAC)

Negatives -
1. It doesn't include a UK plug (I purchased one of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P6HGEC0/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1420247555&sr=1&keywords=usb+plug - for £2.89 delivered). Note - it is supplied with a USB to Micro USB Cable plus a 3.5mm Stereo Jack to RCA Audio Cable - but the quality of both can be improved by spending a few pounds [note that you need USB to MICRO USB - this is NOT the same as MINI USB]
2. The instructions could be improved
3. It doesn't work via Windows Media Player out of the box because it's not a "Windows Certified Device" - you have to hack the registry (instructions available at http://digitalmediaphile.com/index.php/2013/03/30/using-uncertified-play-to-devices-on-surface-rt-w8-apps/)
4. There's no POWER button on the actual device so you need to plug it into an extension socket containing a switch if you want to power it off

For the money, I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting a great deal for an outlay of around £25-£30, but it's actually money really well spent.

Definitely Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and great service from supplier, 14 Jan. 2015
I am using three of these devices, connected to my existing hi-fi systems, streaming music contained on a NAS using both iTunes on a laptop and the WHAALE app on my iPhone. The setup of the devices on the network was straightforward but I had some difficulty getting my laptop to identify them as available for AirPlay. After some research and communication with NEET I concluded that my old Netgear router was probably not up to the job, so I ordered a new model Sky Hub. Once this was set up the devices immediately became available for use and so far streaming to all three receivers simultaneously has been steady and free of dropouts.

So f you are experiencing problems with poor performance, my advice is to check your existing network equipment before assuming the NEET unit is faulty. Just because you can see the NEETs on the network, doesn't mean that you will be able to successfully stream to them.

I have been able to hide the receivers from view behind cabinets etc so as not to upset the wife. The sound quality seems decent; the audio cable supplied is basic but you shouldn’t expect anything else for the price and it can be easily upgraded.

Danny from NEET responded very quickly to my email queries and I am very impressed with the service received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Trick, 31 Aug. 2011
Solved a great number of problems when I purchased a new television. Managed to remove several cables attached from other devices as now everything that plays via the television can be used with the surround sound system. Works without any buzzing or interference and would recommend this to anyone who needs to connect a new TV to an older surround sound system.

5.0 out of 5 stars digital to audio convertor, 10 Jan. 2011
S. Beale - See all my reviews
a good £10 cheaper than similar products - linked samsung led tv via digital audio to convertor & r/l analogue audio leads to onkyo hifi and i now get proper bass in music & films (to be fair the samsung is pretty decent on normal tv but lacks depth in music & films - this improves things considerably).
Takes about 2 minutes to set up - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, what a great product..., 16 Dec. 2014
The receiver is great I have 3 of these. I am running WHAALE app on my ios and I can play different music on each or sync all 3 to play the music all round the house (like Sonos), it took less than 30 mins to set all 3 units up (including adjusting sound latency so music sync works throughout with no delay or echo. They also act as wifi expanders.

I now have everything 3 Sonos receivers would do (£825) for under £100. I can independently change volume on each and music on ever receiver. Overall really happy with this little box, thank you NEET for selling a product competitively that works, if anyone want to know anything drop me a line...

4.0 out of 5 stars It does it's job well., 19 Jan. 2015
The sound quality is good. Pairing works well, but every time I want to pair it with a new device (when switching between phone/tablet/pc) I need to unplug the power. I also experienced some interference with my wifi, which is quite common with bluetooth devices as they use the same frequencies. But since this still annoys me, I rate it 4*.

An RCA to 3.5mm female Jack and male to male jack you can see on the pictures is included. The cable is quite short, somewhere around 50cm-1m. They are very basic. I didn't use them, since I have longer high-end cables for my amp.
However, an optical toslink cable is NOT included.

The power supply is included too, featuring an UK plug.

The receiver needs 5V, it can be powered over an usb port (in your car for example if your radio has an AUX jack input), provided you acquire an USB to 5.5/2.5mm coaxial DC power connector with (+) in the middle. Since I needed an euro plug, I made such a cable myself.

Audio Quality: Not as good as with the cable connection, but very, very close. Tested with the Sennheiser BTD300 (with apt-x) USB BT Dongle, so no cheap 7-10 nano dongle with crappy sound and range. I mainly bought the Neet Receiver based on reviews stating it offers a better audio quality than my other candidate, the Philips AEA2700/12, which on the other hand offers multi pairing. I also wanted an aptx compatible one. (they both are, btw.)

I use it for a transmission distance of 3m (10ft), open view. Haven't tested on a longer distance nor through walls yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, 17 Mar. 2013
Did the job whilst i was still using my old Stereo Setup, have since stored away as finally upgraded (Sony STR-DH820)

I did not experience any sort of buzzing nor humming noises whilst using this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Nov. 2011
Mr. John M. Langham "Biggestjock" (Edinburgh Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is perfect if you have Apple TV and an amp with no optical input.
Very small unit and can be easily hidden.