4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great headset for cycling
I've had this headset for a few weeks now and I'm highly impressed. First off the audio quality is great, the sound is clear and doesn't get any interference from other sources. There is probably some loss over the bluetooth connection but only the most dedicated of audiophiles will notice. I use mine while cycling and commuting. Its particularly useful on the bike...
Published on 15 July 2010 by Cruisey

3.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly but earphone wire is too tinny
For the price the unit is fine, the bluetooth works brilliantly with my Ipad and connects automatically every time. I also discovered that the Ipad automatically stops playing music when you switch of the headphones which is a real plus as you don't have to open the ipad up, unlock it and manually stop the ipod player when you have finished. The inbuilt radio is also a...
Published on 24 Sept. 2010 by GunnerP

‹ Previous | 145 46 4750 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycling is a pleasure., 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Sony Ericsson MW-600 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is great! I have a Garmin Zumo 550 Sat Nav, and have been trying for a long time to get audio commands from it. Wired headsets are OK, but I get through them because I forget to unplug it before I walk off. This worked straight out of the box, once charged up. Paired with the Zumo straight away, which is already paired with the phone. Navigation commands are very clear, and can listen to music stored on the Zumo. Phone calls are a doddle, again controlled from the Zumo, I'm well impressed, especially as with £25 of vouchers it cost me £3.15. Have to slow down a bit to make or receive calls because of wind noise, but small price to pay. Wish I'd found these ages ago. Headset doubles as effective earplugs too. And a radio, it's almost too much !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 3 April 2011
Nick Thompson (UK) - See all my reviews
Based on many of the reviews I have read here, I was expecting good things from these headphones but I was pretty disappointed with them.

The audio quality was 'ok' at best. I probably could've lived with that but the following two problems encouraged me to arrange a refund with Amazon.

The track ID feature did not work at all for me. The music files were tagged correctly and other players/devices are able to id the tracks. This was a big let down.

Finally, the music cut out far too often and as a result, the enjoyment is affected. Whilst some cut outs are to be expected with Bluetooth, I found the MW600 to cut out at least once a minute even though my phone was usually within 2 metres.

This product is only worthy of 2 stars imo.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 23 Jun. 2010
Cony Sargo (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
I bought this product to avoid the wires while riding my motorcycle and to have a compatible product with my new Sony Ericsson ELM phone. The sound is fine and this is the only positive aspect I can think of. After 20 days of daily usage, I can hardly locate the swipe-type volume control by touch and when I do chances are I will accidentally press the opposite controls and loose the FM station. Unless of course I use two hands and eyes whilst driving which I avoid because it will kill me. The device has its own FM tuner without a preset capability. Unbelievable yet true, this means that while on some activity there is practically no way of, say, toggling between two favorite stations. There are other glitches other reviewers have mentioned as well. I am definitely not recommending this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it,, 19 Sept. 2014
What say on the box

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, nothing special for the iPod Touch (yet), 11 Aug. 2010
Minimal functionality on the iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS4.0; pause/play + volume.

The iOS4.1 is rumoured to have better AVRCP support to allow next/skip options to work.

The headphones that come with it are cheap and generic, using your own is advised.

It'll be a better device for the iPod Touch once iOS4.1 comes out so you can skip tracks.

The actual item is smaller than I expected, nice and sleek, the only problem is that you can't skip tracks without adjusting the volume due to the stupid touch sensitive controls.

All in all I'd recommend it but not as a first choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 Aug. 2014
Just what Iwanted!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 July 2011
This is so much better than a wired headset. The built in radio is cool too. However, I bought this to use with the Skype app on my iPhone and found that it sadly does not support Bluetooth headsets. This is not a fault with the headset, but more a fault of the Skype app or iPhone. All in all, I am very happy with the device. One little niggle to note though, just be careful when clipping it onto your shirt pocket, as the button that activates the voice dial on iPhone 3Gs is right next to the clip and very sensitive to touch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but not for very long, 6 Nov. 2012
This is my third SE MW600. In a way it is weird that I did buy another one, as my last two just stopped working, the first one after 1.5 year, the second after just 3 months. Amazon refunded the latter. But I have searched high and low and haven't found any headset with all the functions the MW600 has and until I do; I'm stuck with it ;-)

For the time it works, it is the perfect gadget for talking on the phone and listening to radio/music wirelessly, and moving from one to another quite seamlessly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably bad, 10 Sept. 2012
M. Fernandes - See all my reviews
I hate the wires dangling in front of me when I run, so decided to invest in a bluetooth headset such as this one which seemed a neat solution. Also, the media controls was a winner which meant I could control my music via the headset. The unit itself was pretty cool, small and clipped easily and I loved it. Took it along on my run and midway through my 10 mile run (probably because it was a hot day and sweating profusely), the volume kept getting lower every couple of seconds to a whisper. The volume control on the device is absolute rubbish, why on earth would they choose a slider instead of buttons? I've never got it to work reliably unless you hold it in a certain way which you can't really do when it is clipped on and especially when you're running. Never understand why manufacturers try something fancy when the tried and tested works so well. Anyway, I digress. Needless to say the remainder of the run was ruined, with me increasing the volume (on the iphone) and the headset lowering it by itself. Really frustrating.
The next day I carried it to the gym, wouldn't power on at all. I thought the charge had run out, came home and charged it. Didn't power on. Charged it for a full day. No joy! Luckily the seller replaced the unit with a new one and guess what the same exact sequence of events as above and exactly the same problem which makes me believe this unit definitely has a problem if it comes in contact with sweat (or possibly liquid for that matter). Am now waiting to return this for a refund and probably go for the samsung

1.0 out of 5 stars Great little device (edit: until three break)., 25 Sept. 2011
Edit: have had 3 consecutive units break on me...first was the display and the others power up problems, leaving them unusable.
So, unfortunately, no matter how much I liked the device, can't recommend when there is a obviously a fundamental problem in the construction of these gadgets.
Shame.

Original review:
Was previously looking at bluetooth headsets as an answer for my quest of wireless audio on the go, and was very dissatisfied until I came across this device.
Great price for a great little device. Use it for 3 devices (phone, itouch, and PC) and simple enough to switch between them.
Audio quality is really good (for a "wireless" solution) and quite happily use this for music, games, and TV.
The fact that you can use your own headphones is the main selling point for these, as I can choose earphones that suit me while still having the semi-wireless convince and the ability to pause/skip tracks.
Not all sunshine and roses, with the over abundance of buttons makes it a little difficult to handle. The volume touch strip is also a pain but I have got used to it.
The lack of PC (win7 64bit) drivers is a puzzling omission but Sony is like that. Tried a few solutions but finally ended up having to pay for a Bluesoleil Bluetooth software/driver package, which has proved very reliable.
The range is pretty good (almost as good as my G930 headphones)though of course this depends on the Bluetooth dongle/device used and its positioning.
All in all the positives far outweigh the negatives; so much so that I bought my second last week so always have one on charge, ready to go.

‹ Previous | 145 46 4750 | Next ›