on 15 March 2011
We have two of these cameras at college and have found them to be ideal for staff who are a bit 'techno-phobic' when it comes to av kit. The file format isn't a worry as we re-encode the files using the free 'MGEG Streamclip' software on the web before editing in iMovie. The battery lasts for ages and an 8GB SDHC card lasts plenty long enough. Feedback from staff has been 100% positive and no-one has broken one yet. Happy days! Recommended.
on 14 October 2012
If you want a simple, small camcorder this is ideal. You have two ways to charge it...by mains adaptor or USB. It comes with a CD to load the software onto your PC. I was disappointed that Amazon could not supply it so bought from a third party seller...Todo!Todo!. BIG mistake!! It was a Samsung refurbished item...the original seal was broken and the camcorder had quite obviously been out of the very tatty box...the Samsung label had been rubbed off and the sellers label stuck over it. It cost me nearly £8 to return it by a trackable method which they refused to refund.
They are now reselling it as new....the seller is TODO!TODO!...don't buy from them!!
on 25 November 2011
Bought this item a month ago, as I needed to record my husbands rugby games. I'm impressed with the quality and the ease to download the clips. The end quality is somewhat the same as the video function on my camera and the picture quality isnt great when the sun goes down. But it does the job and the price wont break the bank.
on 11 December 2011
I was disappointed with this Camcorder because it was faulty - it switched off in the middle of recording and it was generally unresponsive. However I think it was untypical; it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for and was small and beautiful to hold.It fitted easily into my handbag but this particular camcorder wouldn't switch on reliably so of course I had to send it back.I wouldn't want this review to put people off buying it-I think I was unlucky.
on 19 June 2010
this is a fab camcorder, i bought this just after having my fourth baby. its so easy to use, my 9 year old daughter can use it with ease. easy to do everything, defo recommend anyone to buy one. they are so small aswell alot better then my old one!
VINE VOICEon 22 October 2010
Great little camcorder that slots into the gap between easily obtained, but somewhat low quality, mobile phone footage and high quality footage from a top notch camcorder, but with all the size and equipment and expense issues that come with such items.

Size is the beauty of this camcorder. It folds into a neat little egg shaped ball which will easily fit in a pocket or handbag, and even with the 2.7" lcd folded out it snuggles into the palm of your hand without the need to rest your arm every two minutes. I carry mine in a pocket of the bag I use for DSLR still camera which is easily three times the size!.

Results are just as good as many larger rivals in my opinion, OK it's not broadcast quality, but footage seems just as vivid and defined as many units twice the size. Functionality is more than sufficient for everyday use, and it has all the usual offerings for shooting modes, wind noise reduction, image stabilisation etc.

The 10x optical zoom is adequate, although somewhat less impressive than many rivals (undoubtedly a trade off due to its compact size) and as with most "memory only" camcorders in this price range it has no viewfinder, so you have to use the LCD screen (sometimes not ideal on a bright sunny day).

Generally this is a great little device, which if you shop around you can pick up for a little over £100 (at the time of writing)... and at that price it's rude not to get one.
on 12 April 2012
this video camera is brillant , best one iv bought , easy to use . and easy to up load on pc . the extened battery life , is excellent . just come back from a 2 day cruise to amsterdam . charged it the 1st morning didnt need to charge it again for the trip .

very good value for money
a+
on 28 August 2013
Fits in my hand. Instantly available. Easy to zoom in and out. Fantastic little gadget and also takes stills to eliminate carrying a separate camera. Battery charge lasts for ages. Would recommend.
on 28 May 2010
First rate little cam corder does everything it says on the tin, what more could you ask for ?
on 22 September 2014
just don't like it .awkward to handle

See one answered question