5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable at a good price
I was thinking of switching all my devices to use the HDMI audio channel and retire any existing "standard issue" flimsy optical cables I had. However it turns out some devices do not always carry their highest quality sound over HDMI. If you listen to Sky HD through HDMI audio and then swap over to the optical out there is a big difference.

So for now I'm...
Published on 9 Feb 2011 by No nonsense

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but nothing more
Having recently moved my plasma from a stand to a wall mount I needed a new / longer toslink cable to link back to my AV Receiver.

For the price this does the job however it really does feel like a bit of cheap moulded plastic, personally I now wish I'd bought a cable with proper metal connectors for another £10-£15 however as it works I really shouldn't...
Published on 13 Jan 2012 by David L

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable at a good price, 9 Feb 2011

So for now I'm using optical audio cables where possible. I've been impressed with the Neet HDMI cables so it made sense to try this cable, I bought a couple. Pity my AV AMP does not have more SPDIF ports.

These cables look reassuringly solid and the connector has a good snug fit. My old optical cables with hair thin cable look quite poor in comparison. If I recall my old cables were also about 3x the price back in the day!

All in all, it's a good cable at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job!, 7 July 2011
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I bought this cable to connect my new Samsung LED TV Samsung UE46D5520 46-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LED SMART Internet TV with Freeview HD - Charcoal Blackto the Samsung HW-D450 Airtrack 2.1ch Home Cinema System and Samsung BD-D5500 Blu-ray 3D Smart Hub Player, WI-FI Ready. Unusually, one TOSlink cable was already included with the Air Track System, so I only needed one. A friend recommended this brand.

I'm very happy with this product and I would say to potential customers, don't let sales people tell you that you need to spend a small fortune on cables. If you must purchase electronic goods from the high street stay strong whilst you are in the shop and don't listen to the smarmy salesman. When you get home order your cables from Amazon, where you will not be pressurised into buying something that claims to be made of baby unicorn's dust; you will have time to read through reviews, decide on your budget and ultimately make an informed choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, well presented, 26 Jan 2011
SteveINtheUKok "SteveINtheUKok" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I found out that Sky boxes don't output Dolby Digital audio via the HDMI lead like almost everything else in the known universe and you need a seperate digital lead from the box to your amp. Joy!

I had a root around Amazon for a reasonably priced optical lead, in preference to a coaxial cable which would be susceptible to interference, and had a laugh at all the leads offering gold connectors for huge prices....how many people are fooled by this, they obviously do not realise gold is only any good for an electrical connection, optical lead have NO electrical connection, so why the heck would you want to pay for a gold connector?!!!!

I found the Neet cables thought they looked well made, the connectors on the end look nice and I like the fact they are squared as that will help when plugging in without having to move your entire amp out to see which way up the connector should go, optical connectors are keyed, i.e. they only go in one way up, so having a squared connector you can figure out which way IS up when connecting to your Sky box then you don't need to fiddle when connecting to the amp, method in the madness you see! Its the little things that make the difference!

When connecting you must of course remove the rubbery plastic end covers, these protect the optical ends from dust and scratching in transit, after they click in place and it all worked without any issues whatsoever.

I also purchased a spare as I can pretty much guarantee there will be some other bit of kit in the near future that needs an optical connector, so I might as well have one spare, the price of the cables is very good so it wasnt too much of a stretch to buy that second one anyway. Of course I can't wear it as a necklace, maybe I should have gone for the gold one :-) LOL

Recommended, quality at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is ..., 22 April 2013
Fiona Ventura (Stotfold, Hitchin, Hertfordshire. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
... a decent price and it works well. What more is there to say ? I can wholeheartedly recommend this item to others ...

FV

5.0 out of 5 stars good sound, 20 Dec 2011
awesome cable
great sound
i love this cable
i have several of this toslink cables and i prefer this one

the sound quality is awesome and the cable is pretty and not expensive...win,win situation

i recomend both cable and seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Optic Cable, 26 Jan 2011
Ron Smyth (Middlesbrough United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a very good cable for the price that was paid, it would have cost at least five times as much on the high street.All that I would say to people is not let the low cost put you of buying this product,too many people look at the fancy packaging on cables in the high street and think because it is more expensive it must be a better product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Optical audio cable, 16 Sep 2010
This product does exactly what is says it does how ever don't make the same mistake as me, thinking it won't fit , there are two clear caps on each of the cable ends, remove these before you can use this cable or it simply just won't connect in the sockets on the digital audio devices regards

5.0 out of 5 stars Neet Digital Audio Cable, 24 Aug 2010
I wanted the sound of my new Toshiba tv to come through my stereo speakers.So bought this cable,simply connected it to the back of my tv and into my amp, and all sounds perfect.Just what I wanted!Excellent product which arrived on time and well packaged.Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME SURROUND FROM SKY BOX NOW, 25 Jun 2010
Arrived really quick without any problems. Connected up and sitting slack-jawed then smiling at the awesome sound. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 17 Aug 2013
P. BALCON "Star Gazer" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
I had to buy these leads to solve the problem that the much more expensive leads I bought wouldn't fit side by side in the optical switch box! It was a nasty shock when I bought the box as a replacement for a previous item that failed, only to find that my leads pressured one another causing loss of signal.

These leads do the job, fitting next to one another very nicely, and actually seat in the TOSlink sockets better than more expensive items, clicking positively into place.

But make sure you remove the tiny end plugs before fitting them - they're not as easy to see as on many leads!