5.0 out of 5 stars Very Neet! :)
Had to get a new cable as I got a new MacBook Pro laptop recently and the firewire connection is upgraded from the old iMac G5 (2005) I was using previously (from firewire 400 to 800 I think), so I needed a new cable to connect my new MacBook Pro to my Canon XL1 video camera. This is the cable that does the job very well.

I choose this cable over the others on...
Published on 6 Sept. 2010 by Jen Govey

3.0 out of 5 stars Neet FireWire 400 to 800 Adaptor
Arrived promptly, good price, works fine... except that when I switch on the external HD it connects, I have to unplug and plug back in for it to be seen by the computer, so not seamless.
Published on 14 Feb. 2012 by Grrr Argh

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, should last well, 24 Oct. 2010
As a Mac newbie it's annoying to discover that none of the 'standard' PC cables work, and you need to buy another set. That said, this cable does a good job of connecting a macbook pro 13" to a firewire hard drive: It's reassuringly chunky and connectors are solid. Looks like it'll last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 27 Sept. 2011
Being a simple kind of chap it took me a while to realise that you could run FW400 peripherals from a FW800 chain by using one of these cables. Once I'd worked it out I found I was happier, richer and more attractive to women.
Good, sturdy connectors and a cable that feels like it would last. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firewire 800 to 400 cable works fine, 31 Dec. 2010
The cable was purchased to plug my firewire Focusrite Saffire audio box into my macbook pro. It works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars 400 Firewire to 800 Firewire Adaptor, 12 Oct. 2010
This device is neat simply doing what it says allowing a 800 port to connect to an 400 Firewire port.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my new Epson Scanner and new imac, 28 Jun. 2010
I have a late-2009 Apple Imac, and recently bought a new Epson V700 Scanner.

I'm running out of USB ports on the Imac, so opted for this Neet® - FireWire 800 to 400 Cable.

i.e connecting the older Firewire 400 port from the V700 with the new Firewire 800 port on the Imac.

Works perfectly, and although limited by the older 400 speed, for my purposes performance is comparable with USB 2.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 Mar. 2010
Exactly what I was looking for, it allows me to use all my stuff Firewire 400 (Hard-drive, SoundCard, etc) with my new Macbook Pro with Firewire 800! Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Me, 14 Jan. 2012
I purchased this 5m 800 Firewire cable with some trepidation, since I need to play relatively uncompressed videos with unusually high bandwidth (eg 500 MB/S) without degradation.

Surely a cheap solution wouldn't do it ? I must need something sophisticated and expensive (and I would be prepared to pay the price). But this cable was cheap enough to give it a try given the very high cost of the alternatives, and the positive reviews.

It does it. Perfectly.

My only problem is that my striped array (ie a RAID array in fast mode) can't handle the bandwidth. Fortunately I have a disc that does. Don't expect a cable to compensate for a drive.

I can't vouch for speeds above 500 MB/S, nor for consistency (since I only have one of these cables). But don't reject this option because it looks "too good" to be true and others suggest you need to pay much much more.

My experience is very good.

My only reason to write this review is that I, like many, don't understand how quality is linked to price in such peripherals, and suspect that some brands live off our fear. I hate that.

5.0 out of 5 stars FireWire cable for the new MacBook Pro, 25 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Neet® - FireWire 800 to 400 Cable - (2m) - 9 Pin to 4 Pin - IEEE 1394b (for Mac & PC) - 2m FLX Pro Lead (Personal Computers)
I recently bought an Apple MacBook Pro and decided to re-edit some old videos using iMovie. I then discovered that my old cable would not fit. Thanks to Amazon several FireWire 800 to 400 cables were available. I chose this cable because it seemed well screened. I tried it today and everything worked just fine, no dropped frames. This is a real quality cable and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality cable, 22 Dec. 2010
A. C. Vincent (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am using this cable to connect my old soundcard to my macbook pro. Works a dream would recommend this to anyone. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Neet Cable, 30 Oct. 2010
Great product, perfect quality, fast shipment

What else to say ?