5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Pre Shave Lotion on the Market.
Published 16 months ago by Ted

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy shaving
Made shaving easy, I didn't like the strength of the alcohol smell but it reduced my shaving rash. Have migrated to using a different product after using this though.
Published 12 months ago by R

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Pre Shave Lotion on the Market., 27 April 2013
This review is from: Kyoku for Men Electric Pre-Shave Optimizer 50 ml/1.7 fl.oz. (Misc.)
Like most of us who use electric razor, I have used other pre shave lotions for years. None of them have lived to the marketing claims of raising the brittle so the razor can shave it closer. They all have made my shaving much smoother, they have reduced irritation making the shaving heads gliding smoothly on the skin (in my experience, LAB series pre electric lotion was particularly good at that), they help making the shaving a bit closer, but my Philips shaver could not match the Gillette razor. Until I used this product.

This product takes the electric shaving to the next level. Literally. That's how good it is.

It is not as oily as Lab product and has nice delicate lemony fragrance, smells very nice. It make the skin very smooth, so the shaving heads glide effortlessly. And most importantly - this is the first product I have tried that really raises the brittle so the shave is really close.

Let me share a tip - when you done with your shaving, wet your face with water - not too much, just make it moist. It will raise all those brittles that the shaver has missed (the trick the cabinet makers use when polishing wood) And shave again for about 1 min more. The result will rival the results delivered by 3 passes of Gillette Sensor.

I am still sceptical about claims about " ancient Japanese oils", after all I can not see any of them on the ingredients list. However, this does not worry me at all - I do not think they would make this product any better.It is perfect as it is.

I will buy this as long as it stays in production.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Jan 2012
I used this product for the first time today. I was delighted, the shaver moved slickly over my stubble and the cut was faster and far more efficient. This is a must if you want an effective shave, saving time with a good finished result!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kyoku Electric Pre Shave Optimizer, 3 April 2013
This is definitely the best pre shave lotion for electric razors. I used to use Clinique's pre shave lotion until they stopped making it and before that Aramis.

It's not expensive and lasts a reasonable length of time.

Highly Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Never heard of it before, but certainly works, 12 Feb 2013
I had never heard of this brand before and bought it based on the reviews. It certainly does work, although I have taken one star off because it is far too expensive for the tiny amount you get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kyoku Pre Shave, 7 May 2013
A. D. Taylor (Kings Lynn, England) - See all my reviews
Its not easy to get Pre Electric lotion these days they are few and far between. This is quite a good one and I like it. Its in a spray bottle so wastage is far less than in a bottle. It doesnt bite either when you use it so thats nice, can therefore, recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bet ever!, 26 Jun 2013
David Blythe (UK) - See all my reviews
I've tried quite a few different pre-electric shave lotions over many years - and this is easily the best. Quicker, easier and smoother with hardly any perfume. And leaves the face feeling really comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy shaving, 22 Aug 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for dry shaving, 24 July 2013
Like another reviewer I used to use Clinique electric pre-shave until they stopped making it. Since then I have tried a number of different products including this one which is OK if your electric shaver can only do dry shaving. But if your shaver can deal with it King of Shave's Kinexium oil King Of Shaves Kinexium ST Shaving Oil 20 ml is much better and the bottle much smaller if you are travelling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective Product, 13 Jun 2013
Looking for an improved electric shave for a while and came across this by chance.
Tried this over the other similar products as I was looking for an unscented product and this didn’t say it had any.
It does but it’s more chemical than scent, anyway the product’s good, spray a little on your hand and rub in. This does raise the hair and lubricate the skin and shave as normal.
Much closer shave and less irritation, happy bunny, don’t know how long the product will last as there doesn’t seem to be much in the can but then you don’t use much?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pre Shave Ever!, 30 Mar 2013
I purchased this on the strength of anothers review. I am not disappointed.

The best way i can describe it is that its like moisturiser and teflon in liquid form. You stray 4-5 times onto the palm of your hand and then rub into your face and stubble. Wait for a couple of minutes and then shave.

The difference when shaving is dramatic - no tugging of hairs and the shave does feel closer. I would recommend this to anyone - my only concern would be if you had more sensitive skin it might be a bit strong for you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›