4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home-made baby food

1.0 out of 5 stars Potentially dangerous
Published 24 days ago by Mrs Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home-made baby food, 24 July 2013
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
The product is simple, well-made and does exactly what it needs to. We use the tray to portion and freeze home-cooked food, and then transfer the frozen portions to Avent air-tight pots with lids which take up less space and which free up the tray for the next batch of food. The tray has a lid which is good as it prevent cross-contamination during freezing. It's simple to empty the tray - you just use a twisting motion using the handles and turn the tray upside down and the food come out (we just empty the entire tray onto the lid).

The portion sizes are perfect for our 5 month old who has just started weaning. We started off using normal ice-cube sized portions in an ice cube tray that we already had, but we only used these for a week as she took to weaning easily and eats very well and so we quickly increased the portion size. So even if you're just starting weaning, I'd use this and just fill the moulds part of the way, and then fill them more as baby's appetite grows.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for weaning!, 29 Mar 2011
Ms. Danielle K. Smith - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
I loved this so much I now have two. Strong plastic. Cubes are bigger than normal cubes. Easy to remove cubes. Cover is great for when freezing baby purees. What more can I say... it washes well in dishwasher too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
These trays have been indispensable since I started weaning my little one. They hold a good amount and even though the trays are solid plastic (as opposed to silicone / flexible material) the food pops out really easily. They are a little long for our freezer drawers but they still fit in quite easily diagonally. As my little one starts to eat more I will definitely be buying more of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product, 12 April 2012
carlo prina (london, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
I bought this tray after reading several different reviews of different trays (I am that sad). I agree that initially I was having trouble getting the cubes out - I was bashing the tray. I then realised I was being stupid and if you twist the tray all the cubes come out in one fell swoop no swearing required. Brilliant. Has made making large batches of food really easy to store in our tiny freezer as I put the frozen cubes in little bags.
Definitely worth it.
just to recap TWIST THE TRAY in opposite directions and all the cubes come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for baby food, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
Great!!!! I make up purées in this then pop into freezer bag once frozen and make more! Couldn't ask for anything more really

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but good, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
I have been looking for this product in the shops for a wee while but could not find anywhere. I was put off at first by the price but after I purchased I then went on to buy another as they are very good. Does the job well any easy to get the food out after freezing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Potentially dangerous, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
I was initially very impressed with this and I have a freezer full of oval shaped purées. BUT today I have broken the white base and cut myself quite badly whilst removing the cubes from the tray. The cubes are not easy to release (I have a selection of different ways of freezing baby food and the easiest ones to remove are the very bendy rubber) and the only way to remove them is to gently bend the white base so they pop out. Today the base actually snapped and in so doing caught part of my finger cutting it quite badly. The tray is now in the bin, finger bandaged and I will be writing to oxo tot to complain. Fortunately husband at home as a bank holiday so he can pick up the baby and make his food.

I would recommend being cautious when using this tray or considering alternative products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Easy, 19 July 2014
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
Bought two of these on Prime arrived I wanted them as ice cube trays have to say very impressed I have used them as soon as they arrived today and love the way the ice cubes just pop out the slide on lid is great as well
I may just a couple more as although some will think they are pricey they are quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps food clean while freezing, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
I already had one of these that I had been given my a friend and I ordered another as I was so pleased with the performance of it. When I first started to wean, I used to use one block, now I have to use two but I often mix them in with other things anyway so I can see this being useful for a long time yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Product, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray (Baby Product)
Well designed product.Bends a little in the dishwasher and at first I thought it would be useless after 2 or 3 washes but it's still doing marvellously. Definitely a good buy!

OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray