5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent should read this book!, 22 Oct. 2010
As parents of three, my husband and I have been reading this book and howling with laughter - and also with recognition. Cooking with your coat on - yes! I've done that so many times. Nobody tells you this stuff, but all of us experience it and we think we are experiencing it alone. This book should be handed out with welcome packs for every new baby, there should be copies in the waiting rooms of doctors surgeries and maternity clinics throughout the country. You're told all the good stuff, but left to think that the difficult parts of parenting are all your own fault. This book makes you realise you're not alone. It makes some serious points, but it is also very, very funny. Buy a copy for all the parents you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny - recommend, 26 May 2014
This review is from: The Aargh to Zzzz of Parenting: An Alternative Guide (Kindle Edition)
I read it whilst in the thick of life with toddlers and this book really cheered me up. Almost every page made me laugh out loud - it was so relevant and I need my husband to read it too. It discusses all sorts of aspects of family life in a hilarious way - it doesn't give all the answers but it made me feel I was not alone! In amongst the humour, the book had me nodding in agreement at the comments on tricky issues such as 'flexible working' (fitting a full-time job into part-time hours). Overall this book did more for my confidence and sanity in managing the craziness of life with toddlers than a 'grown-up' parenting guide ever would!