on 16 May 2013
for 2.5 year old who now understands more the features of the book and reading pal it is a great fun; he takes books alone and reads for himself; book makes a lot of sounds and sounds exactly like Thomas
on 8 September 2012
Bought as a Christmas present for one of my grandchildren so not used yet, but did purchase some last year and was greatly used, so updated this year. Great educational toy, and dont anyone say it should not take away parents reading a story, as I can assure you that parents and grandparents still use the product with the children. It has a double use!
on 23 May 2016
This is a such a cute little book for any fan of Thomas and Friends. It works perfectly with the LeapReader pen and my little boy loves it. Its the perfect introduction to being able to look and understand books by himself. Its so nice that we can also look at the book together and he is able to hear the sounds and match them to the pictures.
on 9 May 2015
I ordered this board book and have ordered the new leapfrog leapread believing from Amazon's write up it would work. Have ordered this for my son's birthday and feel disgruntled I have to return it just because the description was inadequate. Bad Amazon!
on 29 December 2014
Does not work with the leap Pen. Amazon need to make it clear which books work with each Leap product.
on 30 January 2013
Liked this as the Thomas stories were around when my son was a child [he's 30 now....eeek]. My grandsons both like to listen to the story and can also independently look at the book with the Leap Frog Pen I bought for them too. Also now gives me, family and friends a lot more opportunities to add to the collection with new books being released on a regular basis. Educational ones as well but they are more suitable for 'special' events due to higher costs.

Sue K2
on 8 December 2013
I bought this item , thinking that it was as described, for 1 - 4 year olds. The pack in which it comes says it is for 1-3 year olds .
Very misleading when your 4 year old grandson has already started school. I suspect that my grandson is already beyond this item.
Hence 1 star
on 8 February 2012
Bought this for my son to go with his Tag Junior, he is 2 and loves this book over all the other tag books we bought him.

The book teaches friendship which is still maybe a little young to understand but the message in the book is lovely and I know that as he gets a little older he will understand better.

Its a story of Thomas and Percy who are best friends. Percy really wants to take the band to the concert but Thomas has been chosen. Thomas lets Percy take the band and offers to do percys mail for him. Percy is happy and so is Thomas.
Its lovely teaching friendship and also sharing.

My little boy is still a bit young for his tag junior in my opinion but I'm glad we bought it as its another medium which encourages him to read and he loves putting the tag junior on the different pictures in the book for the tag junior not only speaks the words of the story but also plays different sounds for the trains whistles and also the sounds of the trumpets from the band etc..

This book is also good without the tag and we have often read it without the tag turned on so it could be just a good nice short reading book.

I would recommend this for parents of preschool kids who are fans of Thomas.
on 4 January 2014
Our son is an ardent fan of Thomas and friends and since it came at a good offer price, this was a timely purchase for an additional Christmas gift. However, the book itself was a bit disappointing, in that most of the script was repetitive and there were many lost opportunities for interesting audio effects that could have enhanced the reading experience - which was of course no fault of Amazon's - this was received in great condition too.
on 19 September 2013
This is one of many LeapFrog books bought as I consider them the best educational 'fun' for children. Boys and girls alike