5.0 out of 5 stars Toy for a 3 year old
Published on 15 Jun 2011 by Michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars nice educational leaptop....but could be better
i bought this for my 19 months son and english is not his 1st language. He seems to enjoy the leaptop although he's too young to understand the whole functions. but i can say he has fun with it.

the pros: the prononciation is clear, the monochrome screen is perfect, i dont want my kid got exposed too much with big colorful screen,

the cons: an OX for...
Published on 6 April 2012 by mamma di giuseppe

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy for a 3 year old, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
I bought this toy for my daughter's third birthday and she absolutely loves it! Once I connected it to the internet and personalized the welcome greeting to say and type her name, the toy became even more amazing for her. She loves pushing the buttons and dancing to the songs and the best thing is that when I get tired of hearing the same songs I can just plug it into the USB, connect and change the songs! There are many different choices which are free! It is also definitely durable. My daughter left it out in the garden and it started to rain, by the time I realized it was out there it was soaked! None-the-less I brought it inside, dried it and it carried on working as normal! I would definitely recommend this product - I can see me taking it along for car journeys to keep my little one entertained!

5.0 out of 5 stars son loves it, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
Bought this for my son's christmas, he is two and a half and always wants to use the computer. He feels really grown up with his own little lap top and loves to get the "emails" from family members. It is easy enough for him to use on his own and good for learning the alphabet etc as well. It has been dropped a good few times and is still in good working order.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice educational leaptop....but could be better, 6 April 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)

the cons: an OX for animal start with an X?? man, you gotta be kidding me!! you'll confuse the children once they learn to spell! Xerus, X-Ray fish, Xenophos are some of the examples...ok, we've never heard of them...but they're much better then an OX!!!!

Bumble bee for the B letter and Queen Bee for the Q? the sound of those 2 animals are the same..."buzzzzzz" and the pictures are almost the same...it's just that the queen bee wears a crown!! so ridiculous!! they could have used Buffalo, or Bear, or Babboon for the B so the Queen Bee didnt have to wear a crown!! or they could have used Qinling Panda for the Q!

Names are only in english. My son has italian and indonesian name...so we can't personalize his name. But it's quite understandable since it's an english laptop.

You can choose 1 sing along and 5 instrumental musics only. would have been better if you could choose more than 1 sing along song.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product, 17 Dec 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
Highly recommended..It is my boy's favorite toy at the moment, especially because it addresses to him by name. helps with learning to count, animals and alphabet, and he can organise a mini-disco when he is bored... absolutely fantastic!My boy will be 2 soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard fun, 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
A winner with both my 1 and 3 year old grandsons. Took a lot of punishment from the youngest who loved the music. Good educational toy for all little ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Screen Not Good for Kids, 16 April 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
I read the other reviews of this item and that is way convinced me to purchase it. What a disappointment. All because of just one thing. The Screen. I can understand the need to keep it small as this makes it more durable, but it is common knowledge that kids respond to strong contrast and need it too.

Even I struggled to see what is displayed on the screen. It is dull and indiscernible in the wrong light and only just tolerable in good light. My son loved it for all of 10 mins and he was straining to see the screen and now it is ignored. A total waste of money and as I had this brought out to me in Bulgaria returning it would cost me more than it cost.

A clear message stating that this item has such a poor contrast on the screen would have stopped me buying it. Now I have to purchase another one... NOT HAPPY

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item, 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
The product came with perfect packaging. My 16 month old loves this and spends awful lot of time playing with it. Good personilation options as well. Its a nice buy if you want to save your real laptop from the young one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
I bought this for my then 16 month old for Christmas. She's always on our computers so I thought this would be fun for her. She loves it and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it comes with a USB cable so you can connect to the Leapfrog site and personalize your leaptop! You can download songs, write emails to your child and keep track of your child's progress. It's sturdy and compact. I often bring it with us on outings. And even though she's still too young to understand how it works, she loves pushing the buttons to make sounds and seeing the funny characters on the screen. I think she will get a lot out of it. A great toy at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Scout My Own Leaptop, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
I bought this for my two-year-old grandson and already he is pressing the correct alphabet keys when asked. I am amazed at the speed he is learning with this product. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Toy., 14 Nov 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green) (Toy)
Terrific toy, full of educational value. Although our grandson is only 8 months old he opens and closes it and presses the buttons. The songs are good and will teach him the alphabet and numbers as he grows. Sturdy too so will hopefully survive for a long time to come. Excellent product as are all the Leapfrog toys and I can recommend it.

LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Green)