4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but isn't non-stick
Published on 14 Feb 2012 by Greengauge

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced
Published on 1 Jun 2012 by Mrs. L. A. Munro

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but isn't non-stick, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Silverwood Spherical Cake Tin - 2lb 5 inch (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this cake tin on the recommendation of Fiona Cairns as I wanted to make the teapot cake in her Birthday Cake book. The cake came out beautifully. I also made my Christmas pudding in it. The instructions do say that you need to line the tin with baking paper before you make the pudding. It comes out beautifully if you do. The second time I attempted a ball cake (a Christmas baubel) it also stuck, although I'd greased it well, and I had to start again. You absolutely need to line the tin when you use it. I use two overlapping semi circles of baking paper for the bottom and strips round the side, using melted butter applied with a pastry brush to keep them in place. It's not too difficult and it's worth it for the results.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a good little tin, 8 Dec 2012
N. Manson - See all my reviews
Really good for making teapot cake. You must really grease the tin well and I also lined it with strips of baking paper. The result was excellent and the cake held its shape

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 1 Jun 2012
Mrs. L. A. Munro "caithfire" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
It was my own mistake that I purchased this. I really thought it would be bigger than it was. Overall it's well made and well described, it is what it says it is, but for my use it's just too small to make any useful puddings/cakes in. If you are only 2 it's probably the right size. I liked the fact that it has the trivet and you can just put it in a pan and it washes easily and is simple to put together. In my opinion a little expensive for the size and usefulness of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas pudding tin, 6 Nov 2012
sparrow (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
bought this to make a christmas pudding this year and it worked perfectly cant wait to have a traditional christmas pud on christmas day, all in all id give it 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars The world in your hands, 11 Dec 2013
A perfect mold! you can do more than your imagination can create with this, is perfect, easy and practical, amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Nov 2013
Great just what I wanted. My mom had ordered one of these for Christmas puddings thought it was a great idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 25 Aug 2013
Used it twice- first time I lined it as some reviews said it would stick. Bit of a pain to do really, so next time I greased and floured it well and it came out easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 Jun 2013
This made a good pud. You do need to make sure that the insides are well greased and papered or the pudding would be difficult to turn out

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Silverwood 5" spherical cake tin, 17 Dec 2012
Alan Silverwood 5" spherical cake tin.

Perfect for my requirements and it has been used to cook this years Christmas pudding.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy, 25 Jun 2012
I have not used this item yet, but i have used the smaller one and my sponge cakes were perfect.