4.0 out of 5 stars A good collection but don't expect high quality
We were given these on our wedding despite making it very clear that it was a "cash only" gift setup.

A large proportion of the guests gave gifts and this was one of them.

It's a nice little set and we have been using them a fair bit since we had them.

All in all you get a good selection of appropriate items and these include:

1...
Published 1 month ago by PPS076

1.0 out of 5 stars Value but poor quality
I bought this as I needed to a few additional utensils for my kitchen. In all honesty the quality is weak and too soft.
The ladle isn't really deep enough, same goes for the ice-cream scoop. I don't think these are worth buying at all.
Published on 2 April 2012 by E

1.0 out of 5 stars Value but poor quality, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Premier Housewares Stainless Steel Tool Set, 12-Piece (Kitchen & Home)

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 24 Sept. 2013
i have been using these utensils for about a month the first time i used the potato peeler it broke then the bottle opener broke then the slotted spoon split and now the ladle has split would not recommend these at all

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor, 24 May 2011
For the price I wasn't expecting this set to be world class but the 1st thing you'll notice once out the box is the sliver parts of the handles. Once washed the handles will fill up with water and when you use a item you press on the sliver parts and no matter how well you think you've dried them, water will run out over your hand and into your food. The peeler is very poor and the masher,ladle and spoons handles feel very weak. Having said all that though the cheese knife looks nice...

2.0 out of 5 stars Some gems; most items not up to daily use., 27 Mar. 2012
Lets start with the good. The pizza cutter, grater and ice cream scoop are good items.

unfortunately, they are the minority. The following list of faults is not exhaustive.

The plastic is too flexible, so the spoons, turner ladle etc, bend under moderate loads.

The slotted turner is too thick, so it won't slide under your items to allow turning.

The handles are unsecured, so the items like the whisk fall and masher apart in the first couple of uses. We now have a Jamie Oliver, Large Balloon Whisk, Black.

The peeler doesn't. We now have an OXO Good Grips Y Peeler, which does.

In short, this set represents a false economy as £17 for the pizza cutter, grater and ice cream scoop does not represent good value. Maybe try these instead: OXO SoftWorks 8 Piece Kitchen Tool Set Contains Swivel Peeler, Nylon Turner, Grater, Ice cream scoop, Nylon slotted spoon, Can opener, Pizza Wheel and Nylon spoon. It's more expensive, but we've since bought a few OXO items and we've been impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good collection but don't expect high quality, 11 May 2015

A large proportion of the guests gave gifts and this was one of them.

All in all you get a good selection of appropriate items and these include:

1 x Peeler
1 x Bottle Opener
1 x Ice Cream Scoop
1 x Grater

Admittedly they are not great quality and would be best described as 'reasonably good quality' but what they do offer is a good selection at a reasonable price.

These are ideal for first time house buyers, students and people that have not dedicated much money towards this type of product set.

All in all a good little collection but don't expect high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good value, worth a buy, 3 Dec. 2014
I bought this as a quick fix for a lack of utensil problem when I moved into the new house. I expected shabby plastic and cheap metal fixtures, but I was wrong. These have lasted the time, and everything is still working as it was when new. Even the peeler is still sharp :-)! Extremely good value, worth a buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get down to Earth..., 7 Dec. 2013
I'm sorry if I hurt any feelings here but some of the "most helpful" reviews are just daft. I won't be able to talk about all the pieces as I haven't used some of them, like for example, the masher.

-The handles feel comfortable but the spoons are somewhat flimsy. I feel the if I'm not careful they'll break easily. One thing that is true and I've noticed is that if you dry some of these in a certain position, they'll hold water within the handles. Turn them around, let them dry a bit more, and voila, world crisis averted!

-Slicers work fine and do their job. No complaints about the bottle opener or scoop either.

-The item I like the most, and dread the most at the same time: the peeler. Unlike what has been said here, it does peel just fine. The big con: it has serrated sides right where you apply pressure with your finger. It's a real shame as it feels extremely uncomfortable, but I still use it a lot as it eases the task of peeling potatoes.

In my opinion, and bearing in mind this costs (or at least it costed me) less than 15 pounds for all 12 pieces, I gotta give it a 4 out 5 because it is great value for its price.

1.0 out of 5 stars 12 piece heat resistant cooking set, 9 Feb. 2011
this item looks good, but to wash it is no good as all the water goes into the handles,its the worst i have ever seen and i am so unpleased that i payed a lot of money for this trash and if i was you DONT EVEN THINK OF BUYING IT you will spend all day trying to get the water out of the handles,i have gave it one star for the looks of it,thats all its worth just to look at. s mcginley london

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 4 Jan. 2014
I bought these for my new home as a quick way to get utensils that were dishwasher safe and had a uniform look.

Unfortunately, the quality is not there. I have had several issues with them which I list:

1. The handles hold water. If you put them in the dishwasher or wash by hand, they'll soak up water. No matter how much you shake, rattle and roll them afterwards you can bet a little will trickle out on your food. Gross.

2. The potato peeler belongs in a prison as punishment. It was simply not sharp enough to peel potatoes or carrots. We resorted to using a knife.

3. The spoon shafts flex and bend - so if you're stirring anything firmer than custard prepare for it to snap or warp one day.

4. The potato masher isn't strong enough - it's plastic so I'll forgive this, maybe I need to cook my vegetables better!

In all, I will end up replacing most of the items here. The whisk is pretty good, as is the little cheese grater and I've used both several times without complaint. The rest though will make its way to the bin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 2 Dec. 2014
The products are fine. But the masher broke in one use and none of it is particularly sturdy

Premier Housewares Stainless Steel Tool Set, 12-Piece