5.0 out of 5 stars Price/performance = Good
This model has been superceded by newer models, but therefore it means it is often selling at a very cheap bargain price.
Apart from being a fairly decent camera it has a feature not many cameras do at this price point: Optical Image Stabilization.

The Good:
Published on 11 Jan 2012 by PureLove

3.0 out of 5 stars CANON PowerShot A3000 IS
Published on 14 Mar 2010 by Alan Newbolt

5.0 out of 5 stars Price/performance = Good, 11 Jan 2012
This review is from: Canon A3000 IS Digital Camera (Powershot A3000IS, 10MP 4xOptical Zoom 2.7" LCD) (Electronics)

The Good:
-Good balanced picture quality, colours always come out nicely. Excellent daylight performance, pretty good indoor performance for this type of camera.
-Compared to other similar price range cameras performs as well and due to optical stabilization it is way above average.
-Very simple to use, preset selector wheel, large screen.
-10Mp is great, you dont need any more.
-Consistently gives you good images unlike some other cameras which give very bad shots.

The not so good:
-Not as slimline as some other cameras, would have been nice to have slimmer sexier styling but cant have it all.
-The camera's thickness also seems uneeded as it feels a bit hollow, but its light.
-Whilst the auto mode does always give very good results, sometimes its better to use a lower ISO mode and shoot in 'P' mode, you can get excellent results.
-Battery has to be removed to be charged.
-Does not allow deleting multiple images at once.
-A little slow.

Conclusion:
Overall I think this is an EXCELLENT bargain of a camera. The images arent perfect if you compare them to the highest end cameras, but this is a budget camera and it nips towards the heels of the higher end compacts in image quality in my opinion. And is better than some of the more expensive ones that are overprices imo.
It is a bit slow, and is not the slimmest camera around so that may bug some people. But if those two points dont bug you , this is an excellent bargain, and better than most at its price range.

3.0 out of 5 stars CANON PowerShot A3000 IS, 14 Mar 2010
Alan Newbolt (UK) - See all my reviews
During the past couple of years I have frequently used a Canon ixus-75 compact camera. Because I was impressed with the ixus-75 I bought another one as a birthday present for my partner. The second one I bought was a real bargain since I acquired it for the half price due to the camera being replaced by a new model. However, I have been experiencing slight problems with the LCD screen on my ixus-75 and therefore, I decided to purchase the new CANON PowerShot A3000 IS. The first thing I noticed when I removed it from its box was the build quality, which unfortunately does not compare with the far better build quality of the ixus-75. Apart from the poor physical feel of the CANON PowerShot A3000 IS, it is on a par with the many useful features incorporated within the ixus. I can see no significant difference in the picture quality between the two cameras and therefore, I personally conclude that there is no point constantly bringing out new models that simply juggle features and do not physically compare with their predecessors.