on 20 August 2010
I love this CD - it is absolutely fab. My mum bought this for my children and I love it. The songs are just lovely and soothing and we listen to it every night. One of the best CDs for lullabies and I would definitely recommend it.
on 27 November 2011
I was recommended this CD by another mum and it is absolutely gorgeous. From the 1st time I played it my son broke into a huge smile. He loves it and it will calm him at any time of day, even if he is having a real crying fit. I don't think it is something that he could fall asleep to as he enjoys listening to it too much, but I haven't yet tried leaving it on. I agree that it would be better without the spoken rhymes but I love all the songs and have to admit to being reduced to happy tears a lot of the time when playing it
on 8 December 2010
My 2 year old and I have been listening to Lullaby since she was born and I've used the album to sing along during her wakeful moments at night, teething, sickness and have left her listening to it when she just needs to chill out on her own. My 1 year old son loves all the songs too, which he's been listening to it since the womb, and Sophie's soft and gentle version of twinkle twinkle lightens up his face even in his darkest moments.
Music is a really precious and exciting way of building up personal methods of communication with your children and Sophie has provided us with something many parents are crying out for - good lullaby music to sing along to that won't drive you made. Through Lullaby I've rediscovered the nursery rhymes whose words I only half knew before. I've searched high and low for equivalent albums and everything else has turned out to be fairly disappointing. Toybox and Snowflake are great additions. I just hope Sophie will do more!
on 3 August 2011
This CD is amazing! Our little girl is 4 months old and she is not a fan of napping or going to bed. This CD works wonders for calming her down to the point that she now very often just lies peacefully in her cot and drifts off to sleep while it's on. I would never have thought that was possible a month ago! It has definitely worked for us!

Another great thing about it is it that it's nice to listen to which you appreciate when you've listened to it for the 100th time!

I would highly recommend it and I'm planning to buy copies for my friends when they have their babies!
on 16 August 2010
I downloaded this collection of lullabies for my two month old baby to help her sleep. It is a lovely collection of classic lullabies, sung by a soothing British female singer. We often play the lullabies at bathtime and sing along! The only downside of the collection is that there are one or two nursery rhymes spoken randomly between the lullabies and these are quite abrupt and wake up our sleepy baby! Therefore, i would advise to remove these tracks if you want to use the collection to send a little one to sleep!
on 23 June 2011
My daughter loves this lullaby CD and has listened to it in bed every single night for the past month. She would give it five stars ... I am giving it four because I think that the "talking" tracks are an unnecessary disruption between the lovely soothing songs, having said that I would thoroughly recommend it if you have a child who has trouble dropping off.
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2014
Most "baby" CDs are unlistenable - sweetly sickly rubbish, with lousy production values and cheap synths. Bubblegum mixed with saccharine. kids love em but as an adult you quickly lose the will to live.

Not this. This is brilliant. Gentle, soothing lullabies, made by people who sound like they care, and record them in a style that is not only tolerable for adults, but actually you enjoy listening to it. The only downside is, as other reviewers have noted, the spoken tracks. It does disturb the mood. But you can easily ignore them on the playlist.

Recommended. Highly.
on 23 January 2013
I bought this last week for my three month old son and I can see why it has such good reviews. It's a splendid collection of songs and rhymes; classic, well-known songs, all done with a lovely, modern arrangement that are incredibly relaxing. I was concerned that vocals may be too distracting (up to now I've only been playing Baby Einstein classical CDs) but the vocalist has such a soothing voice that it's perfect for this collection.

I also see why it's not only marketed at children because it really is a pleasant listen for adults too. Overall I'm very impressed.
on 16 September 2011
the track starts off with twinkle twinkle little star and as my 4 month old baby is drifting off an abrupt and loud voice talks and does a short nursery rhyme in between this track and later between another track. Because the talking voice startles my baby a little I have the remote control for the cd player in my hand ready to turn the volume down and/or sometimes fast forward the part which ruins the cd. I would have rated this collection higher if it wasn't for the abrupt voice...
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2010
i have an 18 month old who ALWAYS cried before going off to sleep at night - sometimes for 2 minutes, sometimes for 20. since playing this cd softly as she gets ready for bed - starting just 8-9 days ago...she hasnt cried once! The habit is broken! hooray! i was worried the cd would be irritating - as so many of them are - but it is just gentle with a womans soft voice both singing and narrating. i would recommend this to any parent who would enjoy a calmer bedtime experience!