on 6 January 2013
Not much to say about this product really. You just simply plug it in to a USB port on PC and you'll be able to wireless connect to the internet through your router in no time. I'm using it in conjuction with a BiPac router, and haven't had a single drop in connectivity since the purchase about a year ago.
on 24 September 2012
Unlike some more expensive kit I also got by Billion, this was plug and play and simple to set up, started working in minutes, and had an understandable quickstart guide! Also turned out to be all I need. Admittedly with my good BT wireless broadband, it picks up the signal from the Hub at a range of 6 metres or so, (there's not much in the way - might help) et voila, Battlefield 3 no problem! Wirelesses my hitherto wired PC. Recommended. Other Billion gear (router, homeplug) returned undeciphered/incompatible/unnecessary.
on 28 December 2010
Billion BiPac USB 2.0 Wireless N Adapter

I already have the Billion 7800 wireless modem router which is fantastic. I was having trouble with my Sony Vaio laptop not being in range at the other end of my timber framed house so I thought a Billion N USB adapter would cure the problem. I have spent a great deal of time on it with different signals eg. N only, N+G etc., different encryption, reinstalling the software and updating all the firmware but the signal remained very poor. I have Vista on both computers. I was about to give up when I tried to set the Billion up as a relay station instead of an internet receiver. It then acted as an access point and relayed the signal to the laptop's internal wireless receiver. Hey presto, wonderful signal, superfast internet. So the thing definitely works but if you are using it on an external computer that doesn't already have an internal wireless receiver, then forget it and buy something else until Billion have solved a software/firmware problem. I have given it 3 stars because my problem has been solved in a round about way, but I would only have given 1 star if I had not discovered its use as an access point.

Another small thing is that on the Amazon website it quotes 300mb/s for this adapter (3011W). This should be 150Mb/s and 300Mb/s is for the 3011N.
on 15 May 2012
Bought this to replace a wireless network card in my old Pentium 4 which would not pick up the signal from my newly setup Talk Talk 40mb setup (actual wired PC 38mb & wireless Laptop 27mb).

Diabled the network card, plugged in the dongle and the signal went from nothing to four and a half bars with a wireless speed of 22mb!

Great product
on 17 October 2010
This device needed the associated CD to be installed on my XP system. Install was very simple (click ok, click ok) and it connected to my wifi with ease. I left it running for two weeks and copied a vast amount of data over it without a single error.

8th November 2011 - Still working and outperforming 2 built in intel Motherboard wifi units on signal strength and connection speed.

January 2014, Still giving 150Mbit connection speed, excellent product.
March 2014, used it on a windows 7 PC and it worked great.
on 12 April 2013
After having problems with an internal WiFi card on my PC I purchased the Billion BiPac USB 2.0 Wireless N Adapter to connect with the 7800N router already in use.
Connection between the two is excellent and easy to configure.
Billion support, should you need it, is second to none.
on 31 July 2012
Product information on this page clearly states that the model number is BIPAC 3011N.

I was sent the BIPAC 3011W which has a different specification. I spoke to Splash shop who said they had no stock of the BIPAC 3011N and did not expect any for several months. They also said they would correct the webpage by close of business that day. This was several weeks ago and the product information remains incorrect.

It is worth noting that the 3011N is finished in white as pictured on this page and the 3011W in black.
In short if you received a black adapter check the label, it will not be a 3011N as advertised.

I am able to comment on the 3011W which I purchased previously from another seller. This worked well with a BIllion 7800N router but failed after a couple of weeks.
on 28 November 2010
Billion BiPac USB 2.0 Wireless N Adapter

I've been using this adapter for about a month and I am totally delighted with its fast performance. I use it on our upstairs PC and I find it's as fast as our downstairs PC that is connected to the Router via an ethernet cable.

Installing the drivers on my dual boot system, in Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04, was relatively easy. I followed the instructions and the Windows driver installed easily from the mini disk supplied with the product.

However, installing the driver in Linux was a little bit more complicated. Thankfully I found some information on the Net that helped.

Here's how I installed the driver on Ubuntu 10.04: Open "Synaptic Package Manager" and search for a "linux-headers-generic" to make sure it's installed and up to date. Next, search for the "build-essential" package to ensure that it is also installed and up to date.

With those two packages ready to go your next step is to copy the .tar.gz file to your "Home" directory and extract it by right clicking on the file and selecting "Extract Here" from the menu. Then open a terminal, type the letters cd and drag the uncompressed folder into the terminal. Delete the quote marks and any extra blank spaces.

Next, type the word "make" (without quotes) and when that command has been completed type the word "make install" (again without quotes).

Your driver installation should now complete successfully.

For Linux users following the above steps takes less than five minutes - and from my experience to date having this product is well worth the effort.
on 11 November 2014
Bought this eleven months ago and it works perfectly.
Not really sure what to add to this, it does what its supposed to, without any fuss, and its reliable.
Seems right.
Using this with a Billion Router.
on 9 December 2010
Bought one of these with my Billion Bipac 7300N router because I had had compatibility problems with a previous N adaptor and a router from a different supplier. The installation worked fine and my XP system recognises the device and the router's network. It doesn't, however, manage to connect. The documentation is obscure so, after a bit of tinkering, I found that if I created a profile entry for the Wireless network, I could tweak the parameters. Now for the good bit: It still doesn't connect, even though I have entered the correct WPA key. There are a number of options as to the flavour of WPA I'm using. My main PC connected automatically and the properties show WPA-Personal, which is not an option on the drop down. The Billion website is unhelpful and there is no user knowledge base. They don't reply to queries unless you quote the SERIAL NUMBER!! of the devices so I'm off into the loft to inspect the router. So much for plug and play.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse