4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Games (Nintendo DS)
Very good games bundle for the DS at a decent price, but first a couple of minus points :

There are a lot of games but not 50 different games, for some games like Mahjong or Minefield, there are three versions that count as three different games ;)

Published on 15 May 2010 by Mme Francoise Jouanno

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a very varied game
I like this game as it has a large verity of games on offer.

If you already have 42 games in 1 I personally wouldn't get this one also as a lot of the games are duplicated, but having said that there are a few different ones (such as minesweeper).

The layout and picture quality are really good and very clear.

If you like board games and...
Published on 18 Jan. 2011 by Ms. Carly M. Haydon

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Games (Nintendo DS), 15 May 2010
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)

The note taking system for the Sudoko type games is really unpractical, takes a lot of time to take or erase notes.

It also doesn't save any high scores or best times for any game, which is a bit of a shame really, the "profile" you need to make at the begining is really just an avatar for the card games.

The rules are not always very clear.

This being said there are several games i LOVE on this cartridge (mahjong variants, puzzle variants, reversi, chess, checkers,...) , so 15 euros for that is really cheap ;)

Some more plus points : Very good contrast and graphic quality, intuitive menu, basic rules included for every game, three difficulty settings for most games, huge amount of levels for games like mahjong and sudoku, the computer player is "realistic" as in coherent, not impossible to beat and not stupid either.

All in a all a good buy despite its flaws, not perfect, but you can t expect perfection from a game bundle. Definitely worth the money. If you re looking for a cool little games bundle, i advise this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable!, 24 Aug. 2010
Elizabeth Hanna (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
What made me buy Classic Games was that it had games on it that other products of a similar type normally don't have ie Draughts & Pin Solataire. My 70 year old mother for as long as I can remember has always loved the Pin Solataire & over the years I have bought her different versions of it. I showed her the game on my Nintendo yesterday & had to almost prise it off her. She has never used a computer or my Nintendo before & I seriously expect to be getting "hints" about what she'll now be wanting for Christmas! Well done & please, can we have a "follow-up"?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 23 Jun. 2010
S. Reynolds (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
What can you say - 50 games (if you count the different Mahjong boards and different games :o) ) for less than a round of beers in the pub. I bought this for my Dad, and he is hooked - a different game for whatever mood you're in. Well worth buying!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a very varied game, 18 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I like this game as it has a large verity of games on offer.

The layout and picture quality are really good and very clear.

If you like board games and puzzle games I'd recommend this game. I just don't think it's worth the money if you already have 42 games in 1 as it is basically a duplicate of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN, FUN, FUN!!, 24 Aug. 2010
H. Charlesworth (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game collection is just what I was looking for. There are so many to choose from I never get bored. Would recommend anyone who likes classics such as chess, to those just starting out with a Nintendo DS and looking for some fun games to buy this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little package, even with it's 'downfalls', 10 Sept. 2012
J. King - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I love this game selection. My main use for it is the Sudoku, I play it in bed every night to help me unwind and fall asleep as I'm pregnant so can't take any sleep medication. I got it for about £3 or £4 last year some time and haven't regretted it for a single moment. There is a great selection of board games, puzzle games and card games, pretty much the only ones I don't make use of are the hold 'em's and chinese checkers, just can't get my head around them haha
It's only downfall really (as others have already pointed out) are it's different versions of some games being counted as different games to make up the 50, for example they have 3 or 4 different versions of jigsaws with about 10 pictures (all versions have the same pictures), there's the standard jigsaw like you get with the regular boxed puzzles, then there's the different versions like strips and squares. There's 3 versions of Sudoku, there's the regular one, there's Symboku (pictures instead of numbers) and there's one (which I cannot recall the name) that's rather like a cross between Sudoku and a crossword, which is fun and is a great challenge. It has 2 versions of kolondike solitare - draw 1 where it draws one card at a time and draw 3 where it draws 3 cards at a time, I like that it has both of these though as it's more about catering for a less (draw 1) or more (draw 3) experienced player rather that padding out the game numbers.
It sounds like I'm complaining about the game but I'm actually not, it's one of my most played games on my DS (along with Pokemon) and I don't know what I'd do at night time without it :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly let down, 9 Jan. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I bought this game because of the previous reviews so my expectations were high. But sadly it hasn't lived up to those expectations and it bored me very quickly. Maybe I need to play it some more to really appreciate it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good in most parts., 11 Mar. 2011
Mrs. Ruth E. Moult "Cafebabe" (Bristol, England UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I found the majong screen too small to use - it was hard to see which tablets were available to select or not.
The other games that I have played so far are very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of games to choose from, 19 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
There are plenty of games to choose from so you are sure to find several that you would like to play.
Instructions are clear which makes playing the games easy

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 1 April 2011
This review is from: Classic Games (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Although the games are good ther isn't really that much of a challenge. Okay for a change but to simple and to basic.

Classic Games (Nintendo DS)
Classic Games (Nintendo DS) by Foreign Media Games (Parent code) (Nintendo DS)
Used & New from: £2.97