5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 23 April 2010
This review is from: Rare And Unseen - Ian Dury [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
I agree with both of the reviews previously posted. I'm only adding this review because I have a bit of a different perspective, being a new fan of Ian Dury. I want to assure everyone that this DVD is not just for long-time fans. This was my first chance to see him "in action" as a person rather than a short YouTube clip. This is priceless stuff-- Ian being interviewed on a show that addresses disability; Ian being interviewed on various TV shows and by a journalist. Even if you had caught all the TV shows and recorded them yourself, I daresay the video quality would not be as good. And here they all are, tied up neatly with a bow. As mentioned in a previous review, this is not a concert DVD-- I also would have enjoyed having more complete song performances. But this DVD really made me feel that I got to know more about what Ian was like as a person. I didn't see the TV interviews at the time they were originally broadcast, and I am thrilled to get to see them now. I really loved seeing the candid moments when Ian wasn't quite sure how to answer a question.
I ordered this DVD along with a copy of the 30th Anniversary edition of "New Boots and Panties," which comes with a marvelous concert DVD, and recommend this as an excellent combination, showing what a uniquely brilliant and funny man Ian Dury was.
By the way, I live in the USA and this DVD is in PAL format but it plays just fine in my MacBook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare & unseen indeed, 14 April 2010
Keith Poole "Still rockin'" (Broadstairs, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rare And Unseen - Ian Dury [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
A welcome DVD tastefully compiled covering the Kilburn, Blockhead and latter years of Ian Drury. It is however a documentary that would not be out of place on BBC2. It is not a recording of a concert although there are a number of 'live' clips throughout the 75 minutes. I was expecting more of a concert format but got the documentary however it still warrants five stars for the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars the kid done good, 12 April 2010
K. Clark "Casey" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rare And Unseen - Ian Dury [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
I have to admit I love the Rare and Unseen collection. There is something exciting watching material long since forgotten or never seen before. Instead of all the usual items we get gems from Dury including his view on Max Wall, Johnny Rotten, visiting an old "friend" in Yorkshire and chatting to Richard and Judy about his time on Romford market. Dury had a unique style that set him apart from everyone else both in dress, lifestyle and music. This dvd shows many facets of the talented artiste, rare footage from private collections and classic performances are snipped together well and make the running time of seventy five minutes fly by. This is a well produced piece of nostalgia that all fans will love and be pleasently surprised by as it includes eight live songs from the man himself including "sex and drugs and rock & roll" and "sweet Gene Vincent". From his beginnings with Kilburn and the Highroads to his last tv performance with Madness its all covered in this dvd. As I said before I love this series so would award a ten out of ten but dont take my word for it buy it for yourself and see-you wont be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is worthy of every penny. Brilliant and moving!, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Rare And Unseen - Ian Dury [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
This is a fantastic Dvd showing footage of many of Ian's rare interviews. He didn't do many!!It also includes some of his rare performances of songs. For me just to see him talking about his disability (polio) on a morning tv programme and hearing his comments were very moving. His interview on this morning with Richard and Judy, talking about his cancer and his work for UNICEF is also included, along with his performance of Geraldine, which is just brilliant! I didn't want this Dvd to end and felt quite sad when it did!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Viewing, 17 Dec 2010
This review is from: Rare And Unseen - Ian Dury [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
Unseen footage and interviews of Ian Dury are included into this dvd. On the whole an interesting view all the way through. If you were into Ian Dury then you will certainly like this dvd.

Rare And Unseen - Ian Dury [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]