on 17 November 2013
this is a good one it helps me and my mate have a much better time surfing as we can get in and out of the water as and when we please and only take one car. I used to take my car keys into the sea and I have never been happy about doing it.
We have used it at home as well to leave a key out for my GF and I don't have to make the commitment step of giving her a key.
on 9 September 2013
The lock was bought for my son who goes surfing and needed somewhere secure to put the car keys whilst in the water. He just puts the key in attaches the lock to the car wheels and off he goes. We did buy another version from a local DIY store but it was to small for the car keys, this one is a brilliant size. Would highly recommend.
on 12 May 2013
this item would be good if it was a little bigger inside. if you dont have a folding key, you will struggle to get it to fit and you have no chance of getting it in while the key is in its keyring. i have to remove my key before using it. operation wise, its very good and sturdy. easy to change your code too.

size is everything and this one lacks in that dept.
on 14 January 2015
Although robust design, Use it at your own risk.
Your insurance will be invalidated if you use one of these!!!!. Had my car nicked with one of these on it. Insurance company refused to pay up as it says "keys not in a secure location". Basically i was told i had left my keys in the car!.
on 5 January 2015
I bought this after being at the beach with my son and having no where to leave my car keys safely whilst surfing.

It's extremly solid and well made. I would imagine it would take a lot of beating before it would give up and let someone at your keys. And by then I would hope that someone would spot a would-be thief swinging a lump hammer around like crazy.

Setup is very simple indeed. Changing the combination is really easy, to customise it ready for use. Space wise I can fit a decent sized car fob in there plus my house keys, etc. So plenty of space. You then just attach the lock to wherever you like. The bar leaves a decent amount of space so there shouldn't be any major problem finding something to lock it to under the car.

An excellent bit of kit. Whether leaving a spare key for the house or shed for a family member, dog sitter or whoever, I don't think I can find fault with it. And if I can leave the key for my beloved Land Rover in it and not worry, I think that says a lot.
on 28 February 2012
Well constructed and an excellent way of keeping my vw keys safe when I am in the sea and need to avoid getting keys wet.This is a good quality product.
on 19 July 2016
It is spacy and longer enough so I can put 3 keys in it. It is what I want to temporary left it somewhere for others to pick up the key. I have not used it much so have not tested it' water prove feature for outdoor yet. Easy to set your code. If you forgot the code but the lock is not in operation, you can open it and find the code yourself
on 8 June 2015
This is a good item with plenty of room, although you may have to remove your car key from your main bunch to get it in. It feels reasonably secure although not bomb proof. Overall I would recommend you buy this.
on 9 June 2016
Needed somewhere to lock my car key while i go kayaking or surfing, this is perfect. Tough little safe with padding behind so it doesn't scratch the car paintwork. Easy to adjust code. Plenty of space for a few keys or cards etc
on 30 December 2012
Just thought I would let people know that these products void car insurance. Most good and honest surf shops have stopped stocking these. If someone manages to hacksaw this off the car and obtain the keys, then your insurance company won't pay out as left the keys outside the car. Same as if you just hid them somewhere. Get a waterproof bag designed for holding keys and put this round your neck and inside your wetsuit. It won't get lost or stolen or damaged.
Don't be a fool and leave your keys on show. If people are going to steal your keys, this won't deter them!