Colour Name: Brushed Metal/Gold Trim|Package Type: Gift Box|Change

on 15 May 2011
Beautiful pen, has a nice weight to it. It writes very SMOOOTHLY, which is probably its best facet. The most expensive pen I've owned, bought it because previous Parker pens weren't delivering. Writes beautifully. Pretty expensive though, so you have to be careful with it. The lid can be a bit loose too, it falls of the top of the pen quite often so be careful there. Yet, generally a nice pen.
on 31 August 2011
This is an absolutely fantastic budget/beginners fountain pen, although do not think that this means cheap and plastic; the quality is much better than was expected and it is quite heavy (although I love this!). The nib at first looks too small but it writes very smoothly with no skipping/jumping etc. and starts writing immediately. The grip feels really nice and makes the pen look much more expensive. The only improvement I can suggest to Parker would be a gold coloured nib but it still looks the part with the chrome one. Very fast delivery and I would definitely buy from this seller again.
on 2 August 2012
Straight out of the box this pen has a good, heavy, chunky feel to it.

Concealed in the box it comes in is a blue cartridge, meaning I could use the pen straight away.

When unscrewing the pen to insert the cartridge, I was happy to see that the base of the pen and the ferrule it screws in to are both metal. I have been disappointed on many previous occasions where the body of the pen is metal and the base is plastic, which splits at the drop of a hat if you accidentally overtighten.

The nib feels smooth and free flowing and is a joy to write with

Very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend.

******************FOOTNOTE (7 MONTHS LATER)************************

Still loving it!

I still use this pen every day with great satisfaction. Still as smooth as day one, I have had no problems with it drying up, or anything like that.

IT'S EVEN SURVIVED A FULL CYCLE IN THE WASHING MACHINE WITH NO DETRIMENT
(Yes I'm one of those annoying Blokes that don't empty their shirt pockets before putting their shirt in the washing basket)
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2012
I have been using Parker fountain pens my entire life, though I have to say I was a bit sceptical about this one at first, as it was all made of metal and I though it could be quite heavy and clumsy to use, though I've gone ahead and ordered this pen as it had a twin-channelled ink system (it was the only one I could find with this feature advertised).

Glad I did!

To my complete surprise, it wasn't at all heavy and the writing is very...erm...natural. Also, since the pen is made of metal, it cannot be easily broken - the problem I've always had with all the plastic models I used up until now. Highly recommended purchase!
on 30 September 2013
I love fountain pens...and when my trusty old one had given up the ghost,I did a bit of research and for the money thought this looked the best.

And....it does...it looks great for the money and writes well. It's just a little too light for me but a solid pen that you can't go wrong with if you purchase...

Happy writing!
on 26 November 2012
I have had this Parker IM for a couple of weeks now and have been using it on and off ever since. It was dispatched by Amazon the same day as my order. That's service for you!!!
I was pleasantly surprised when It arrived because it looks and feels like it should have cost Three times more. It is slightly heavier than some of my other pens, and this I like very much. The Gold trim against the black satin finish gives an appearence of quality and that is exactly what you get here.
The medium nib is extremely smooth and the inkflow faultless. I used the cartridge supplied with the pen at first but after buying the Parker Ink Converter I am using Black Quink from the bottle to match the Pen.
Buy this and you will not regret it.
Mine came with a Black pouch too which is a bonus. 5/5.
on 21 August 2013
We purchased this as my daughter now has to have a fountain pen for school. The pen looks very expensive and totally belies it's very reasonable price tag. Easy to fit the appropriate ink cartridges. I would definately recommend.
on 3 November 2011
I really like this one. It is a very affordable pen and the overall quality turns out to be very good. The full body is made of metal and it has a very nice finish. It is not very heavy in your hand and writes surprisingly smooth. I have always used the old good Parker Vector, and the diffence is huge. Of course, you still have plastic components here and there, but I strongly recommend it. It is a great fountain pen for everyday use :).
on 24 December 2011
I have been writing with this pen for a little while now and have found it a total dream to use. It feels weighty in your hand yet not to the point of being awkward and yet it has a wonderful balance. I might add this balance is compromised I feel somewhat if you are the type of person who puts the cap on the end of the pen when you are writing. It has a smooth delivery of ink and is an over joy to use. For the money you shouldn't expect a pen this good. This could fall anywhere in the £60 to £100 bracket and you would feel like you had a quality pen.
If you use a fountain pen buy one you wont be disappointed.
on 1 July 2012
I love this pen. It has a heft to it that, with it's smooth inkflow, makes it feel in use like a quality item. I'd prefer a slightly finer line, but it's okay and has so far never let me down using the standard cartridges, no sticking or spotting. I like the 'ribbed' texture and the unusual grey. A good, solid business-like fountain pen for regular use.