5.0 out of 5 stars Buzzing, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Courageous Leadership (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. I'm not in any sort of leadership but it really inspired me about the Acts concept of church, and how we can bring it back! I read about 1/4 of it on the train without stopping and came away buzzing. It's the sort of book that makes me want to get up in the mornings.

Recommended for any Christian who is in leadership (whether of a church or not) or anyone who has a vision to revolutionise church.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: COURAGEOUS LEADERSHIP (Paperback)
This book was just what I had been looking for.

As a Christian and a consultant, I had been looking for ways to help my own church and struggling with a concern about the applicability of management tools to developing a church. Bill Hybels demonstrates that the Church can benefit from the sensitive use of such disciplines in order to organise itself effectively and grow. Well worth reading if you want to see your church thrive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!!, 20 Mar 2003
Andy Phillips (Addlestone, Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Courageous Leadership (Paperback)
Full of practical advice taken from his years at Willow Creek I commend this book to all involved in Christian Leadership. Although primarlily pointed towards those leaders who have the senior role in a church there is plenty here for all involved in leadership at whatever level. A must buy! A must read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pushes all the right buttons but not sure how useful in UK, 20 Jan 2004
Mr. David Anson "avro2" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Courageous Leadership (Paperback)
This book pushed all the right buttons for me, straight talking as only an American can do. I liked it so much I bought 6 copies and gave them to various people for their response.
However once the euphoria has died away you realise that this was written by the leader of one of the largest churches in the western world who can pick and choose his team members from far and wide. The reality of most of us is that we have to work with our existing resources. However if you look beyond this issue and take Hybels' view that "the local church is the hope of the world" then you can glean quite a lot from this book on the principles of the gift of leadership. One comment I have received from a senior churchman is that it is a secular management book with a bit of Christianity bolted on to it - probably a fair comment but it certainly helps churches to be shaken out of their complacency.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read, 23 Mar 2014
I bought this book because of leadership values we are looking at in my local church. Willow Creek is a very large congregation in US and Biil Hybels a renowned pastor/author. The book does not disappoint. Although Willow Creek has huge numbers; the ideas on leadship/stewardship can easily be adapted to smaller churches; its all about stretching and growing each individual as well as corporately.

5.0 out of 5 stars for everyone in church leadership, 13 Mar 2014
Some helpful criteria for leading and helping others lead. Some in stories and illustrations too. I've read it twice and will read it again for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Courageous Leadership (Paperback)
This is an excellent book, packed with truths and insights about leadership and prinicples that can make a difference between being a mediocre leader and a courageous leader.

5.0 out of 5 stars read it!, 14 Feb 2014
Great read, will sort out hour life!guaranteed to keep you well and truly in your readng chair have a read and enjoy let God do the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced and challenging book on leadership, 7 Oct 2013
Based on experience, aiming high while very down to earth. Not focusing on quick fixes but rather on the importance of taking charge of your own life in order to be able to lead others well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for church leaders., 1 May 2012
This review is from: Courageous Leadership (Paperback)
This book is an excellent book for church leaders and anyone who is interested in the church fulfillings its potential.I pastor a congregation of above 500 people in Croydon, South london, UK and after reading this book bought 5 additional copies for our core leaders. Highly reccommended.