Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£11.90

on 19 August 2010
To begin with I found this hard to get going with. Usually Ortberg is a fairly light read but I think because so much of what he says here is impactful, it's takes a while to digest and move on.

Having now read through it, there's so some really good stuff for living as a Christian and learning about living by grace. There are plenty of good stories and illustrations as you would expect, and plenty too to go back and read again so that it sinks in.

Recommended.

The five main areas covered are;

Discovering the Spirit
Renewing My Mind
Redeeming My Time
Deepening My Relationships
Transforming My Experience
on 9 August 2010
John Ortberg is one of few consistently great teachers. In this book he takes the message of grace - that God doesn't just save us, but desires the best for us - and leads us into this journey. Stop trying to be perfect, stop being disappointed with failing, but instead find the flow of the Spirit in YOUR life and let God lead you. It's as simple as that.
Along the way you will discover the person you want to be.
on 19 January 2011
This is more of an experience than a mere read. Needs to be digested and considered and is very thought provoking not to mention comforting and inspiring.

If you are looking for a book which gives some perspective and meaning to life - then in my opinion this fits the bill.
on 29 December 2010
I bought this copy for a friend as I have found it so good. I have already read it twice and will do so again I am sure. It is deep and yet easy to read with just the right amount of humour for my liking. The concept of growing spiritually to be "the Me I want to be", that is the me God made me to be, is well explored, and although it is challenging reading it is never reproachful or discouraging.I really recommend this book: with God it is never too late to make changes in your life.
on 12 June 2011
I bought this as a surprise for my husband and wasn't sure how it would be received. He found it so helpful, he leant it to a new elderly friend and she has bought herself a copy. I'm just starting it and like what I am reading. I think it can't fail to be challenging and ultimately very helpful. I am struck by the author's honesty and humility - he writes from the heart.
on 10 October 2010
We have just ordered this book for use in our life group (& then got a participant's guide & DVD). Couldn't recommend the book more - easily read - just as if John O is talking to you - clear application Lx
on 3 May 2011
Made me laugh, reflect, see myself in situations John Ortberg describes and read short passages aloud to family and friends! I have recommended and do recommend this book to anyone who wants to find more about themselves, their potential and identity.
on 12 May 2010
The delivery was right on time and order received in perfect condition.

The book is a must read for all who are confused about their Spiritual life. I am tired of people telling me how to succeed at being them when I've got my own unique qualities.

I am adding that everytime I get confused I pick up this book again and it reminds me of "who I am", and most importantly that I am accepted and can only LIVE and BE ALIVE by HIS GRACE
on 7 November 2013
I bought this book because this is a subject I'm interested in and had very little knowledge. This book was absolutely perfect for me. It opened my eyes to new things and inspired me in many ways. I love his sense of humour that pops up out of the blue in short occasional bursts. When there's hard things I had to face, his little pockets of humour gave me breathing space and this allowed me to carry on. Its a life changing book. I thoroughly recommend it if you are searching to know how to be the real you God wants you to be. Thank you so much John Ortberg. You have been a real blessing to me. You have a unique and compassionate gift which I thank the Lord for. God bless you dearly.
on 21 January 2011
This book was recommended to me by a friend, who found her spiritual life grow after reading it. Not only has my spiritual life grown since reading this fantastic book, my church and my faith have also changed and grown...A must read.