5.0 out of 5 stars one day on mars
travis s taylor buy the book if you require frills and spills the action is the same has john ringo and david drake exellent book good story and good chars well worth the read cannot be put down
Published on 11 Oct 2008 by P. dennison

2.0 out of 5 stars Transformers meets Starship Troopers
This is the first of Travis Taylor's books I have read and I don't think there will be a second. It starts well enough and in the first few chapters I thought I was in for a treat but alas it was not to be so.

Published on 15 April 2010 by J. N. Bullock

2.0 out of 5 stars Transformers meets Starship Troopers, 15 April 2010
J. N. Bullock "JNB" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

The story of the battle between the "separatists" and the United States is set at a frenetic pace and uses machines that could have come out of a SiFi comic but the author assumes we know all about there capabilities. The rate at which the casualty numbers increase would make poor reading for any recruiting officer of the period.

The weakest point of the story is the hero senator who after many years in politics takes up arms to out Rambo, Rambo.

I think this book should have been kept for the US domestic market as the political implications of the use of United States to mean the whole of earth and some planets, with all the ships styled USS sticks in the throat of a non US citizen.

JNB

5.0 out of 5 stars one day on mars, 11 Oct 2008
P. dennison (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Day on Mars (Hardcover)