5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value
Before I ordered this jacket, I reviewed other better known brands online and actually looked at some in shops to get an idea of their quality and price range.

Published 11 months ago by bodgit and sons

3.0 out of 5 stars Always wrong size
Kept asking for large. They kept sending extra large. Seems the size on the packet is different to the size on the label. Seemed like a good product for the price though. Will buy one direct instead.
Published 14 months ago by Mr. C. B. Bartley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value, 27 Dec 2013

Given the huge price differential between those and the Stormafit Windsor (aka one of the the 'Jack Daw' range by it's red label inside). I decided to order one on the strengh of others' very good reviews of it's quality.

I wasn't disappointed as I believe the quality is comparable and even better in some instances than those I looked at in the shops - in particular the quality of workmanship and materials and they certainly haven’t compromised on the lining materials and zips used. So if this truly is an example of 'Made In Britain', we're still alive and kicking.

I wanted a warm and fairly waterproof winter coat for the occasional country or seafront walk, High St shopping and sports spectating so the generous padding was ideal and the waterproofing perfectly adequate for anything less than very long walks with dogs.

The coat arrived much quicker than I was led to expect and since it wasn’t mentioned in the product description, I was also surprised and delighted that it also comes with a detachable rain hood.

So if your expectations for a waxed 3/4 length jacket are similar to mine i.e. you want to buy a quality, warm, waterproofed winter coat at a fraction of the cost of 'branded' ones ((and buy British) , The ‘Stormafit' is a no-brainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a Bargain!, 9 Mar 2013
This is very close to the 'real thing' and £200 cheaper!
I may have to buy another one, it's really very good quality.

I had to send the first one back as the size guide was off, they run bigger than stipulated.

I'm slim, 6'4'' and the large is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useable warm coat, 16 April 2013
J. G. Sturgess (UK) - See all my reviews
A very warm and confutable coat, saying that a little too thick for my taste. I think that it's the sort of coat that will improve with age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 24 Aug 2013
Arrived this morning 24hrs after ordering. The quality of this jacket is excellent and great value. I have seen jackets similar to this elsewhere 3x more expensive.
I can't recommend this product enough. 5* plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 12 Sep 2013
Outstanding value, Very good quality and Made in Britain. Comparable with an item,
which I bought at a much higher price.

4.0 out of 5 stars great coat, 28 Feb 2014
This is my second coat from Stomafit (I bought the first one at a service station years ago). As a woman I should have ordered the small size the first time and it's still quite a big fit (I'm a size 12). It's great for walking my dog and nice and warm too

3.0 out of 5 stars Always wrong size, 25 Oct 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Always wrong size., 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Stormafit Men's Windsor 3/4Length Wax Jacket (Sports Apparel)
The jacket itself is nice but i have had to send the jacket back 3 times as the sizing guide from amazon is totally wrong and there own is somewhat off. Always to big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 28 Jan 2014
Gledders (Chelmsford, UK) - See all my reviews
First things first, watch out for your sizing.

As an example, I am starting to edge into XL shirts. Taking into account previous advice on here, I ordered a Large and it is a perfect fit.

The jacket is really good quality. Seems to be very well put together and the zips/fasteners seem to be excellent.

It has quite a bit of padding in the lining, much more than you would get with a Barbour or similar. That has it's positives and negatives, but if you are wearing a light jumper underneath, that is all you will need.

Perfect for commuting and dog walking. I'm not into horses, so I can't really advise what it's like for wearing around the stables etc.

One thing it could really use is a poachers pocket, but at this price I am definitely not going to whinge.

Definitely recommend. Bought mine from Stormafit and have submitted the photos that have the Jack Daw label.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wax Jacket, 18 Jan 2014
Mr. S. Wood "Ubuntu Geek" (Blackpool, UK) - See all my reviews
To give you an idea of the size, i ordered a XXL not that i have a bit of a weight problem but i have arms like an Ape and XL never seems to reach my wrists in anything i have bought before, This coat is big! XXL gives me plenty of room for a thick shirt and a room for a thick jumper, not that i'll need one as it is so warm, as for the length, i am 6 foot 3 and the bottom of the coat goes 2 inches below my bum, perfect! it has two large pockets on the outside, clearly seen by the photo and a single inside one, a bit thin but strong enough and big enough to hold a pack of ciggies, or a mobile or a wallet etc, you have to search for it (inside left), the cut of the material is spot on as it hides it very well, Ordered it Friday morning at 0530 after i finished work, it arrived Saturday morning! Exactly what i was looking for without the silly price.
Excellent coat and a very speedy delivery!

PS there is a hood in the pocket which fastens on via 3 press studs! What a bargain!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›