on 11 April 2014
The book was great I've read the first three now and I was ecstatic to get onto the third.in the book there are a lot of new characters and some old friends who have come back.we also find out that promos is back and that anabeth has feeling for percy as well.Nick is back with his new powers and takes out lots of monsters in the final battle, he finds out that he is being played.

By Jefferson
on 18 September 2009
So, having made an enemy of a son of Hades last Christmas, Percy Jackson must be hoping that the new year is a lot better than the last, right?

Well, if he is, he's a fool. A game of capture the flag leads to the discovery of an entrance to the mythical Labyrinth, and thus a back-door entrance into camp. Which certain enemies, like say Kronos, Lord of Time and King of the Titans, may use to destroy the camp.

And so, another adventure begins for Percy and his friends, who must delve into this maze of wonders, terrors, monsters, friends, foes, and everything else inbetween. Including a monster who really needs to up her personal hygene levels and a friend who has more arms than you can count.

In this, the penultimate volume of the series, Riordan neatly sets up his dominoes, while also making the story fun, exciting, and compelling to read. Like the rest of the series to date, you won't be able to put this book down (which I learned the hard way).
on 10 March 2014
Nico who we discovered at the end of the last book is a son of Hades and has gone missing after he blamed Percy for the death of his sister. The question must be asked, is the main prophecy about Percy or Nico - who decision could the fates of the Gods rest in.

Whilst playing the camp game of capture the flag Percy and Annabeth discover the entrance to the mythical Labyrinth. This in turn spreads feat through camp as it opens up the chance of an attack that bypasses the camps main defenses that enemies could use to their advantage.

Yay, this leads into this summers quest!!! Annabeth must lead this quest and chooses Percy, Tyson & Grover to accompany her. The need to enter the maze full of monsters, Gods, terrors and horrors meant to drive you crazy.

I enjoyed the way they had to rely on a young mortal girl to help guide them through the maze that was a good twist. Reading about the God of the Wild Pan was brilliant, Grover finally completed his search but not to the result he wanted.

Can the Hero's find and save Nico, stop Kronos from rising and prevent Camp Halfbood being attacked?

Reading all about the twists and turns that are faced in the maze was really fascinating and I love learning about the Greek Mythology.

Now onto the last book in the series, I may cry a little when I finish!!!
on 27 December 2013
Another masterpiece I was laughing at times other times made me sad especially Nico's hopes. As a sidenote this I have read three of the Percy Jackson books in the last 9 hours or so. I love reading and well written books like these are the reason
on 2 January 2014
I love percy Jackson so much every moment I have I am reading it. The battle of the labythrinth is really good as the monsters are as fierce and scary ever and the people including Nico De Angela are more mysterious and powerful than ever before.
Perfect for lovers of the before books I rate it 5 stars and will be so excited to read the next and final book in the series and can't wait to go onto the heroes of Olympus series more than ever now that I have read this.
This is book four of the Percy Jackson series, with only one more installment to come. Readers from around ten years old will be thrilled by the adventures of the teenaged hero who just happens to be the son of Poseidon, God of the Sea, and all his friends, most of whom are the children of the Olympians from Greek Mythology.

In my opinion, it would be better if you read the series in order, and the three previous books are:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1)
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2)
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 3)

In "The Battle of the Labyrinth", Percy and three friends set off on a quest through the treacherous labyrinth, in search of the inventor Daedalus, hoping that he will help them to defeat the army being assembled by Luke, son of Hermes. The thing is - Luke is just the messenger, and the evil he's about to unleash can bring down Olympus itself.

Although still clueless about girls and relationships, Percy starts developing and unleashing his powers, and surprises even himself when he attempts to repeat Hercules' great stable cleansing project. Other demi-gods also come into their own in book four, and a mortal girl proves to be just the ticket, and in the nick of time too. In a related sub-story, the search for Pan reaches an exhilarating climax.

Packed with monsters of all persuasions, gods and demi-gods, rescues, battles and side trips to Alcatraz and Mount St. Helens, this is by far the most exciting book of the series so far.

Amazingly imaginative, thrilling and funny, this series by Rick Riordan continues to be a front runner in children's fiction, and I recommend it without reservation.

Amanda Richards
on 12 March 2012
My 9 year old daughter loves these books! At her parents evening her history teacher said he'd never taught a child with such an extensive knowledge of Greek myths!! I've read them too and think they are great reads. I'm trying really hard to save the last book for her birthday present but I want to know what happens next myself so will probably buy before.
on 17 June 2012
"If you've never been charged by an enthusiastic Cyclops wearing a flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves, I'm telling you, it'll wake you up quick."

I'm going to start of by saying you would never, ever find me in the Labyrinth. That things sound scary. Not so much the monsters you encounter, but the fact it's forever changing and alive in some ways.

I absolutely love this series and this book definitely did not disappoint.

I thought I'd completely called a twist after a certain dream scene of Percys and was all chuffed with myself then was absolutely gobsmacked when the actual twist turned out to be even more impressive.

Riordan is just a brilliant writer. Even in pretty dire situations he seems to find a way to bring humour into it without taking away from the seriousness of the situation! I was also really glad we got to see Rachel Elizabeth Dare again. I mean, we only met her very, very briefly in the last book but I had a feeling we'd be seeing her again and I'm glad it was so soon and in such a big way!

One thing I could of done without was the nearly superficial love triangle that Percy found himself in. I mean, him and Annabeth had enough problems getting together with Luke and mass drama of nearly dying every page without another problem but it worked weirdly enough in the end.

I finished this book to only go straight onto the next. I just couldn't wait to find out what happened!
on 23 May 2014
Actually very badly written, good adventure story(ish). Nice read for my ten year old. . . but use of English is poor, limited vocabulary. The mangling of Greek myth to fit it in with modern teen morals grates.
on 4 October 2013
I loved Percy Jackson since a boy at school told me to read the first one. Now my room is full of Percyness. One minute they are fighting evil, the next he's cleaning a giant stable of horse manure. Who would of thought that the only way to get through the labyrinth was to use Rachel Elizabeth Dare. The block is the best one yet.